pics of my belly. it won't get flat! :(

Options

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    And these are the reasons why I keep my diary closed. Ppl can really be harsh. Anyways I weigh 116. I was 114 but don't know what happened. My measurements have remained the same however.

You mean me? I don't think I was being harsh. I'm afraid I just can't grasp how 1oz of meat is worth it.

Sorry if you think I was being mean.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Protein builds muscle and the more muscle you have the more fat you will burn. Muscle helps increase your metabolism. My coach also suggests that you workout first thing in the morning before you eat and eat within an hour of getting up. Never skip meals, this slows down your metabolism. If you have a lot of stress in your life, this can also cause you to hang on to belly fat.

lol 100% bro science….

I skipped a meal once.

Gained 10 lbs

True story bro

I skipped breakfast and my muscles fell off.

I started lifting and my uterus fell out.

i skipped meal four today and went into starvation mode and woke up in sub saharan africa..it was pretty scary stuff …thankfully, I found my snack, ate it, and was transported back to my office….
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Protein builds muscle and the more muscle you have the more fat you will burn. Muscle helps increase your metabolism. My coach also suggests that you workout first thing in the morning before you eat and eat within an hour of getting up. Never skip meals, this slows down your metabolism. If you have a lot of stress in your life, this can also cause you to hang on to belly fat.

lol 100% bro science….

I skipped a meal once.

Gained 10 lbs

True story bro

I skipped breakfast and my muscles fell off.

I started lifting and my uterus fell out.

OMG was this while in the squat rack??

Did anyone come over and try and help put it back in?
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Dang, I eat 6-8 ounces of meat every night. Now I feel like a glutton.
  • christinea798
    Options
    I know exactly where your coming from I have something that can help you I have lost 10lbs and still going.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    And these are the reasons why I keep my diary closed. Ppl can really be harsh. Anyways I weigh 116. I was 114 but don't know what happened. My measurements have remained the same however.

You mean me? I don't think I was being harsh. I'm afraid I just can't grasp how 1oz of meat is worth it.

Sorry if you think I was being mean.
    1 oz pork = one bite….
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I know exactly where your coming from I have something that can help you I have lost 10lbs and still going.
    christinealdous.my.zija@gmail.com

It's against the community guidelines to advertise here. Reported.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    EMAIL REMOVED

Do not email her! You do not need this spam!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    pleaseletmetakeyourmoneyfornothing@gmail.com

FIFY
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

HARSH?

harsh= u blow 600 of yer 1200 calories on dunkin donuts EVERY DAY while only getting 50 grams of protein a day.

actually that doesn't even seem harsh now. it just seems factual and like a great place to start working on making some changes.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    pleaseletmetakeyourmoneyfornothing@gmail.com

FIFY

:laugh:
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options

HARSH?

harsh= u blow 600 of yer 1200 calories on dunkin donuts EVERY DAY while only getting 50 grams of protein a day.

actually that doesn't even seem harsh now. it just seems factual and like a great place to start working on making some changes.

Hey now. I used to get 600 of my cals from dunkin donuts every day (24g of protein in the Everything Bagel With Bacon Egg & Cheese). Luckily for me the dumb rednecks there (no offense to all the smart rednecks out there) have no clue how to run a drive thru and it no longer became worth the time to swing through their drive thru.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP - you really need to tighten up your logging and make some better choices…I like donuts, but dunkin donuts almost every morning?

I mean one day you went dunkin donuts, a sundae for lunch, and mcdonalds for dinner..

if you want the stomach that you want, you are going to have to tighten up your eating and logging habits..

I am a big believe in eating the foods that you want, but those should compose about 20% of your diet….
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,024 Member
    Options
    You look lovely. It seems to me that you are struggling for an unnecessary goal. Accept the beautiful body you have. Go ahead and lift heavy and watch your diet, but stop obsessing.

From an old lady who hated her young but imperfect body and dieted until she was fat.:laugh:

Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    My research as been you need to eat super clean and super low simple carbs. Eat fruit and vegetables with ample protein. Way more veggies than fruits. You're looking good so keep at it. Our bodies aren't aware of calendars I'm finding out. Slowly but surely I'm becoming the best me. Though it's not on the schedule I wanted I'm so much happier that I'm ON a schedule of healthy eating and exercise.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    My research as been you need to eat super clean and super low simple carbs.

Neither of those are necessary. Losing belly fat is simply a matter of lowering body fat. If you want to eat super clean that's fine, but the 80/20 thing works just fine.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    usmcmp in your experienced opinion what TDEE deficit range can you still add muscle and perform a recomp where you slowly muscle build and lose fat?

I assume a surplus would greatly speed the muscle building but you seem to be a big proponent of gains during a cut so I'm wondering what your experience there is.

Like TDEE - 5% or just a few 100 calories under or what?

Hopefully not a de-rail of OPs thread to ask since its a similar topic, just wondering for myself as when I get my bodyfat under control to a more fit level with a larger deficit I was trying to decide if I wanted to go into a surplus bulk or a slow cut while trying to build some muscle over long term (recomp)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    a few months of accurate logging, lifting 3 days per week, hitting your calorie goal and getting .8 grams of protein per pound of weight (so about 92 grams).

Do the above. 2-3 months. Then come back.

But I do agree that you look lovely as is. You don't have much more fat to lose, it just all appears to be on your stomach. This is your last stubborn fat store. It will take effort and dedication to get ride of.