Non-food, non-clothes reward ideas

Options

Replies

• jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    After I lost 10lbs I went and got a massage. That is a good motivator for me.
  • smithol
    smithol Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When I don't have extra money to spend on a reward, I like to pamper myself with a detox bath, at-home manicure, mud mask, and renting a new movie.

I know it's clothing related, but when I first started working out I made a deal that if I stuck with it for 3 weeks, I would buy some cute Zumba clothes. Now I love wearing my new outfits to the gym, and it helps motivate me to stick with it. Plus I don't feel like I'm wasting money on clothes that won't fit in a few months because I wear them so often. I definitely get my money's worth.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    Love everything already mentioned but I also used before and after pictures up to whatever point I was, along with measurements. Seeing specific evidence of what I had accomplished, beyond just a number on the scale really kept me going.
  • PinkPanther318
    PinkPanther318 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like to get my hair done or do something different to it. I really love the idea of a charm bracelet- it makes me want to try harder already. This was a great post. thank you :)
  • MeanNurseGM95
    MeanNurseGM95 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am going to get a tatto when I hit 50 pounds lost. Plan on getting several tattos for books that I loved every time I reach a major goal.

55539603.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    Jewelry makes me all warm and tingly so when my 50th birthday rolled around, right as I was losing 50 lbs, I bought myself a nice birthstone ring to mark the double celebration. I like that it's something I'll have and remember why I got it. A few months ago I did an outdoor challenge at a spa/resort I failed the year before. Bought myself a red braided bracelet to remind myself of the progress I made from the previous year and that like the bracelet, I'm strong. (and red is my favorite color). I wear it every day.
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Fitness equipment is always good. It's often hard to justify the cost, so they're great for rewards. There are probably lots of things you'd like either new or used and this is a great reason to get them. Kettle bells, medicine ball, dumbbells, heavy bag, etc...

They're also great for working towards your next and bigger reward level.
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I bought a bunch of inexpensive but cute string bracelets from Pura Vida and add another to my arm each time I go down 4 pounds. When I'm out for a run/walk and feeling like giving up I just look down at my arm and remember how far I've come. :)

My halfway point reward was registering for a 5k colour run! Can't wait to run around and get messy!
  • skyeny
    skyeny Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Beach vacation for me. It's both my reward and my motivation) I'll have memories and pictures)
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Buy yourself a charm braclet (troll beads, Pandora, or a copy), and add a charm each time you lose 5 pounds.

this is so good!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Buy yourself a charm braclet (troll beads, Pandora, or a copy), and add a charm each time you lose 5 pounds.

I love this idea!!
  • SunshineKimL
    SunshineKimL Posts: 18 Member
    Options

this is so good!

I am doing this but since it is real Pandora bracelet and they are pretty pricey, I get a new charm ever 10 lbs. and for other milestones. I should hit Onederland this week so I will treat myself with a new charm for that milestone.

My hubby told me that when I get to my goal weight he will take me to Hawaii. I am holding him to that for sure. :)
  • sarahjasminebicknell
    sarahjasminebicknell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I book a massage or a pamper session, you can get good deals on groupon etc It really depends on what kind of things you like. You could put money in a jar for every 1lb you lose. Every time I resist the urge to order a pizza or go for some other junk food I put money in the jar for that too. I bought myself a tablet and a new phone with the money.
    now this idea sounds good, may try it myself. thank you.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Maybe a massage, manicure, pedicure, get your hair done?
  • jooliahoolia
    Options
    Another option is to celebrate by going hiking or some other physical challenge that would have not have been possible before. This is either a reward or a punishment depending on who you talk to, but for me it is really rewarding to mark and celebrate my progress that way.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Day at the amusement park !
  • shrimpydoo
    shrimpydoo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My partner purchased a Chamilia bracelet for me and I now have 7 charms = 70 lbs.... I wear it with enormous pride and love telling people my story! It's also a reminder that my lifetime changes mean I'll keep the weight off and keep my bracelet forever!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I will finally say what I have always thought about rewarding yourself for losing weight - it isn't going to help a thing. Because eventually you will have lost it all and will be (hopefully) maintaining for the rest of your life. How are you going to reward yourself then?

Losing weight and being healthy are rewards in and of themselves. Motivation cannot come from external things, but must come from within for long time success.
  • Kelleylea3
    Kelleylea3 Posts: 3
    Options
    The only reason a tattoo isn't for everyon is because they havn't got their first tattoo. LOL If I used a new tattoo as a reward I would think I was punishing myself for having to wait that long, but for some it would be a great reward.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    me too! 5 pounds to go!