Gained 2.2 lbs in a day!!

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Congratulations!!! There's nothing better than the smell of that sweet sweet newborn baby :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I've gained 5 overnight. I win.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Probably pregnant
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    2.2lbs of fat would equal 7700 calories. So unless you ate 7700 calorie over your goal, then chalk it up to water weight. Don't weigh every day if you live and die by the scale.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Yep, exactly!
  • GoPhil04
    GoPhil04 Posts: 93
    Dont worry about it....

You probably gained some muscle.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    I'm guessing water retention. Check out your sodium intake. Also, are you having your period? Sometimes I can gain 4 lbs overnight during that part of my cycle. (unless you're pregnant???)

My period only happens on the 29th. So, can't be that. And if my husband knocked me up he's gonna have to carry the baby this time. This baby furnace is closed

You produce a surge of estrogen around ovulation. Excess estrogen causes water retention.

It's just your cycle, hon.
  • GoPhil04
    GoPhil04 Posts: 93
    Probably pregnant

Lol. This is the second time I have seen you post this, and i LOL'd both times
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    To much ice cream?

No such thing
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Omg, so I was keeping a steady weight on the same calorie intake and then BOOM! Went from 116.4 to 118.6 in just 24 hours! Thought it might be water retention but its been 4 whole days! I just started the next cycle of my weightlifting Monday, I biked on Saturday which I never do, and then I think I ate my ice cream after 10pm one night. What's going on? Here's my weight data for the past week-

Friday- 116.2
    Saturday- 116.6
    Sunday- 118.4
    Monday- 118
    Tuesday- 117.2
    Wednesday- 117.2
    Thursday- 117.6

Helpful responses only.
    its called fluctuation and totally normal. You are fine
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Gas??
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Probably pregnant

Lol. This is the second time I have seen you post this, and i LOL'd both times

It is funny to take a minor freakout and turn it into a major freakout. :tongue:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    But the scale is my alpha and omega. I need to know these things. I always weigh morning, naked, after my first pees. How long does water retention last? Could it happen for a whole week?

Two weeks ago, I was 161.2 pounds. Two days ago I was 171.2. This morning, I was 166.

I had all the foods over the weekend. Wasn't regular. AND HAD CRAZY DOMS.

Take a deep breath, and give it a few days.

You'll be ok.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Wait! Your profile says you are bulking.

Looks like I've been trolled! :grumble:
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    inconceivable_princess_bride.gif
  • MireyGal76
    Dont worry about it....

You probably gained some muscle.

Yeah. Nope.
    More likely poop.
  • slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    "The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflections"

If you're going to be sarcastic online you have to really lay it on thick. This just reads the same as a dozen posts like it that are all completely serious.

Exactly. I fell for it.....I think. I cant even decide if OP is being sarcastic or not. I can be gulible:noway:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,064 Member
    Probably pregnant

1976795-charlie_sheen_is_winning.jpg
  • MireyGal76
    I still say it's poop.

OP.. go lax it up. You'll be fine. ;)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    "The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflections"

If you're going to be sarcastic online you have to really lay it on thick. This just reads the same as a dozen posts like it that are all completely serious.

Exactly. I fell for it.....I think. I cant even decide if OP is being sarcastic or not. I can be gulible:noway:

I mean. She said the scale is her alpha and omega. That didn't seem a little...much to you?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Detox should probably be in play..