Gained 2.2 lbs in a day!!

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    "The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflections"

If you're going to be sarcastic online you have to really lay it on thick. This just reads the same as a dozen posts like it that are all completely serious.

Exactly. I fell for it.....I think. I cant even decide if OP is being sarcastic or not. I can be gulible:noway:

I mean. She said the scale is her alpha and omega. That didn't seem a little...much to you?
    She didn't say that in the OP. Most people don't read past the OP before replying.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    "The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflections"

If you're going to be sarcastic online you have to really lay it on thick. This just reads the same as a dozen posts like it that are all completely serious.

Exactly. I fell for it.....I think. I cant even decide if OP is being sarcastic or not. I can be gulible:noway:

I mean. She said the scale is her alpha and omega. That didn't seem a little...much to you?

Nah, I've been up by 2.2 lbs in a day, and I've been known to begin and end my day with the scale.

Now, had she declared that she gained 20 lbs in a day, I definitely wouldn't have bought it.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Everyone's all up on you, but I needed this.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Yeah I wouldn't weigh everyday, it's too frustrating since you fluctuate up to 5lbs in a day. That is why I stick to once a week and go by that, I do it same day, same time(roughly) and same way everytime.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Wait! Your profile says you are bulking.

Looks like I've been trolled! :grumble:

But I don't want to gain 2 lbs in a single week! I'll be done bulking in a month!

Come to think of it. .. I don't remember the last time I pewped
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Wait! Your profile says you are bulking.

Looks like I've been trolled! :grumble:

But I don't want to gain 2 lbs in a single week! I'll be done bulking in a month!

Come to think of it. .. I don't remember the last time I pewped

:laugh:

Pooping is good. Another community member once told me that we can carry as much as 12 lbs of poop in our colon in a day.
  • SugaryLynx
    Probably pregnant

Husband must've done it in ma sleep... I'll show him >:(
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Did you eat more than 8 grams of protein? That could be the problem. Go sit in a hot tub, you'll be fine.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Probably pregnant

1976795-charlie_sheen_is_winning.jpg

Hell Yeah!
    giphy.gif
  • gemmamummy
    gemmamummy Posts: 185 Member
    sometimes I find if I've had a couple of 'overindulged' days it can take up to a week to show on the scales. Did you have a generous day on the food last week? Hope the training is going well, I'm 3rd week into it and love all pro. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction with that!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Did you eat more than 8 grams of protein? That could be the problem. Go sit in a hot tub, you'll be fine.
    Wow. You are such an abusive bully.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Was it like "Caramel Sea Salt" Ice cream? Cause you know.... SALT!!! CAUSE WATER RETENTION OMGZZZ!!!
  • SugaryLynx
    Wow. You are such an abusive bully.

I was just thinking that! Helpful replies only!!!
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Wow you got your period trained to an exact day of the month? Yes weight can jump 2 lbs in a day I've had mine jump 5 in a day. Water weight fluctuations due to water retention. And it happens at all parts of your menstrual cycle not just when your period is starting.

Even if you don't get the same sleep it an change. Lots of reason. You're weight seems pretty stable I think a once a week or bi weekly would be enough.
  • SugaryLynx
    Was it like "Caramel Sea Salt" Ice cream? Cause you know.... SALT!!! CAUSE WATER RETENTION OMGZZZ!!!

Yes! Omg you're on to something. That has been the only kind I've had this week! How could I have been so blind? !?! And in my blindness, the water retention has returned!
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    It's because you lift, brah. PUT THE WEIGHTS DOWN!!! ;P
  • SugaryLynx
    It's because you lift, brah. PUT THE WEIGHTS DOWN!!! ;P

It's because muscle weighs more than fat, isn't it? !?!? $
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    But....you told me that I wore a condom......

YOU LIAR!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    2.2lbs of fat would equal 7700 calories. So unless you ate 7700 calorie over your goal, then chalk it up to water weight. Don't weigh every day if you live and die by the scale.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    This.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Your husband could be cheating on you.

*Please someone tell me you got this reference!!