Is losing weight supposed to be hard?

Options

Replies

• GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    For a bunch of "people" who are so busy with work, family, and other responsibilities you sure have a lot of time to post on an Internet forum
    Mind-Ya-Business-Fresh-Prince-Gif.gif
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    Options
    For a bunch of "people" who are so busy with work, family, and other responsibilities you sure have a lot of time to post on an Internet forum

I don't know about everyone else here, but I'm gettin paid 6 figures to do it too. One of the perks of not assuming I had everything in the world figured out at 18yo and actually, like, learning things.
  • glickman1
    glickman1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You're in high school and have zero life responsibilities and associated stressors.

Grow up and stop trivializing what is difficult for a lot of people.

OMG this. Let us know how easy it is when you hit your late 20's and have some adult responsibilitis like a full time job, a mortgage, and a car payment.
    I have a 3.9 GPA and I'm looking at scholarships for BC, BU, UMASS Amherst, UNH, and UMaine
    I doubt I'll have to worry about those responsibilities, because I applied myself all throughout school, and I'll continue to do so
  • Paragonfound
    Options
    Wow, talk about gullible people, this kid just trolled you all hard. Almost fifteen pages of people being baited by this kid. Sheesh.
  • angelaford3194
    angelaford3194 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You're in high school and have zero life responsibilities and associated stressors.

You have all the tools available to you that you need to complete your goal. Responsibility and stress aren't reasons to not develop healthy habits
    Don't have time to have a healthy breakfast or lunch?
    Make it the night before and en masse
    Don't have time to exercise?
    Go for walks around the office or workplace if you have the chance

You asked about challenges. Examples were given. No one said those challenges preclude success.

The troll is strong with this one.
    Those aren't challenges, those are excuses

Stop trying to tell people who have a lot more life experiences than you that what they are doing isn't hard. Fine, it may not be hard for you, but for some, they aren't in an 18 year old male body that has the strength and endurance to do this as easily as you. You want to log on here and be judgmental, maybe you should just stay off MFP, and do this on your own. Not one person on here needs another person telling them that they should be better at something when they are trying their hardest to accomplish what you're accomplishing, with twice as much effort. Life happens, and I applaud everyone here for at least putting in the effort of trying to better their life one day at a time.
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've always read and heard about people complaining about weight loss being too difficult, or that it's too complicated. I'm on day 48 of my weight loss "journey" if you wish to call it that, and there's been absolutely zero challenges I've faced. I lift weights 3-4 days a week, and eat at a 500 calorie deficit and I've lost 16 pounds.
    So what's the big deal with weight loss? Why is it considered to be so impossible?

f-u-all.gif

You are my new favorite person.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I've always read and heard about people complaining about weight loss being too difficult, or that it's too complicated. I'm on day 48 of my weight loss "journey" if you wish to call it that, and there's been absolutely zero challenges I've faced. I lift weights 3-4 days a week, and eat at a 500 calorie deficit and I've lost 16 pounds.
    So what's the big deal with weight loss? Why is it considered to be so impossible?

standing_cat.gif
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

OMG this. Let us know how easy it is when you hit your late 20's and have some adult responsibilitis like a full time job, a mortgage, and a car payment.
    I have a 3.9 GPA and I'm looking at scholarships for BC, BU, UMASS Amherst, UNH, and UMaine
    I doubt I'll have to worry about those responsibilities, because I applied myself all throughout school, and I'll continue to do so

Yeah. I moved out and supported myself when I was 16. Tell us more about how easy it is being you.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Of all the possible words to put quotes around why did you put quotes around the word people? The implication there is that the thing you doubt is that we are actually living breathing human beings.

Personally I would have put the quotes around the word "busy", would make more sense that way. Emphasis is all wrong here.
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options

Sooo...you're going to be a professional student. Got it.
  • _errata_
    Options

cat.gif
  • lightblueeyes
    lightblueeyes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Nice one here...
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options

OMG seriously Imma gonna get good grades so I will succeed in life XD. Sorry I'm not even gonna bother debunking that one so I'm just gonna laugh ... hard. I mean sure it helps. But you if you think it's going to give you a free pass you've got a rude awakening in your future.

Oh and incidentally I have an I.Q of 163 and a Masters degree. So this is hardly jealousy.
  • _errata_
    Options

omgcat.gif
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

<laughing into my palm> Well go you, welcome to being like most people. I swear its like you are going to whip it out and yell for people to compare **** size next. You are very proud aren't you.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    All of this he's 18 and I'm 4o, 41, 42, 45 implies an inherent difference in BIOLOGY in aged people that makes it hard.

Besides my injuries I have to consider when choosing exercise I wasn't aware that there was some biological or physical state that my age bestows on me that nullifies CI/CO? I thought as far as I don't have PCOS or thyroid problems which are rare, I have the same methods as any other human. Am I misinformed? Have I misread hundreds of threads?

I agree with OP that calories in calories out is all there is to it, that conceptually it is easy. I disagree that as an adult balancing your own personal needs with your responsibilities to others is "easy".

The backlash is largely centered on OP's lack of life experience and overall smugness and arrogance.

OK but that wasn't part of his original OP or his thread title. I think he only said so far that the weight loss plan is easy. I don't think he has called adulthood or the responsibilities "easy" but has simply encouraged people (in a blunt style) to work out those challenges and find a way? I read over his posts which seem limited to this thread and that was my read on his posts anyways. I fear people may be reading more into what he is saying just from personal perspectives.

I understand what you are trying to say but honestly if that is really the case then he needs to learn to convey this attitude far more effectively. Because everything about his delivery suggests a smug immature person belittling people for not being able to do something that he is decided is trivial. And frankly I think that is in fact .. the case. I am sorry but I believe you are trying to imagine virtue where none exists.

I'm not trying to imagine virtue. I'm just trying to recognize youth. Male youth to be precise. Arrogance and blunt style is part of it for many (not all, but many). And that's assuming he really is an 18 year old male with a G/F to impress. His posts are limited to this thread after all and he started this account some time this month.
  • _errata_
    Options

tumblr_lm2yy9aMaw1qe6x23.gif
  • glickman1
    glickman1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options

Yeah. I moved out and supported myself when I was 16. Tell us more about how easy it is being you.
    It must've been awful having incompetent parents
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • tiger4nikki
    tiger4nikki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Just wait until you are in your 30's and 40's and you can't lose like you used to. THEN come back to this post and read it!
This discussion has been closed.