Is losing weight supposed to be hard?

Options

Replies

• paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    And with the attitude you have, the only way for your girlfriend to get the boyfriend she deserves is TO FIND A NEW ONE
    Look back in history and tell me, how many of the greatest leaders ever were complacent, weak willed,etc.?
    I'll wait

You consider insulting a community of people to be a trait of leadership?
    "Hey, you should lose weight :)"
    "You're fat, stop making excuses and drop the weight"

Which would you listen to? Don't lie.
    Is there something wrong with you? Everyone on here (that needs to) Is losing/has lost weight. And most of us weren't fat at 18.
  • jescamp9481
    jescamp9481 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    h52147F96

lol
  • HazeyBlue69
    HazeyBlue69 Posts: 22
    Options
    45 days and 16lbs, is that all you have lost, not much for an 18 year old boy to be honest? I lost 15lbs in the first 28 days way back when I was 18 doing my first diet (and Im a woman). Now 25 years later it takes me 2 months to lose that
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    Calories in<Calories out

Done.

Please+add+more+exclamation+marks+next+time+_807eecc3baa48967de6faaa256cb3703.gif

QFT
    i am dying laughing at this.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Oh and by the way, a lot if you are being ageist.

I love how direct and strong young people are. I respect what they've got to say, they quite often haven't had the nasty knock backs that make the rest of us half hearted and weak. I like being around people like that.

Are you referring to experience? So you prefer lack of experience and brash claims to experience. Okay then.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but as someone who works with 18 YO's on a regular basis, I have yet to meet one that was THIS ignorant and obnoxious that wasn't just doing it to try to upset people. So no matter what age the OP actually is (and I'm almost certain it's NOT 18), this is just 100% pure troll. So moving on:

I'm not seeing many gifs yet? Am I just missing out because I'm at work, and if not it's time for gif hijack. Go.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    And with the attitude you have, the only way for your girlfriend to get the boyfriend she deserves is TO FIND A NEW ONE
    Look back in history and tell me, how many of the greatest leaders ever were complacent, weak willed,etc.?
    I'll wait

you by good young fella are complacent and weak willed...otherwise you wouldn't ahve been 30lbs overweight.
    Exactly
    Being overweight doesn't necessarily imply complacency or being weak willed
    Nice try though

So you came out of the womb overweight?...
    Everything in life is a choice, whether it's conscious or not.
    Did I choose to be overweight? Yes. I had zero problem with being overweight, and I still had the qualities that I did then that I have now
    The only difference is that I got tired of having a belly

...errrrr...isn't that the definition of complacency?
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    Options

I love how direct and strong young people are. I respect what they've got to say, they quite often haven't had the nasty knock backs that make the rest of us half hearted and weak. I like being around people like that.

Troll within a troll.

Trollception?
  • getlean414
    getlean414 Posts: 27
    Options
    Everyone is different. What may be easy for you, may be extremely challenging for others. Losing weight is not easy, and if it was we would not work so HARD towards getting the bodies we want. As for me i enjoy working out, its brings a relief of stress, but eating right all the time is difficult when you're tempted by numerous amounts of unhealthy foods that everyone wants a bite of.... For someone else, working out might be the challenge and eating healthy is the easy part. Everyone's different, you just gotta remember that.
  • jec285
    jec285 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    This community is way too easy to troll.

Good job OP, but 4/10 is the best I can give you, you came on a weight loss forum and said losing weight is easy, notimpressed.jpg
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options

It's not a matter of being ageist. His body is biologically better at losing weight than ours. That's a fact. Also who says nasty knock backs make all of us older people half hearted and weak?. A lot of us become stronger through our suffering and wiser. Humans also have to suffer to learn the value of kindness. This lad has clearly never really suffered in his entire life. If he was being nice or talking sensibly I wouldn't give a rats bottom that he was 18.

I think the only ageist in the room here is you.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options

/eye roll

I'm a higher education lecturer. I love it when I see them later in life and their youthful arrogance has weathered them through this ****storm called life.
    Adults are pretty frikkin rubbish sometimes.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Have you guys ever considered that your tendency to make excuses for not accomplishing a goal is why you're "too busy" to eat right? Try applying yourself to a goal, because I know for a fact that based in your current position and choice of words, you've never done that before in your life

Funny, because at 18 years old I couldn't have gotten to 50 pounds overweight if I tried? Metabolism was too good and I had no worries. So if this is all so easy, how on earth did you ever let yourself go to the point of being 50 pounds overweight as a teenager?

Exactly.

OP, you aren't one to talk based on the simple fact that you are 50 lbs overweight and only 18.

This was actually my thought as well. I had a horrendous diet in high school and could eat whatever I liked and still had a concave belly and wore a size 6.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    I found it really hard to lose weight when I was 18, impossible.

Funnily enough, now I'm 43, single parent, running a business, no family, I find 10 hours a week to train and fight daily urges to comfort eat.

Yes, OP is getting his point across really clumsily, and is yet to learn charm and diplomacy, but in a funny way....

He's kind of right. Just coz he's 18 and a jerk doesn't change that.

Just out of curiosity why was it difficult for you to lose weight when you were 18? Was it just a lack of knowledge thing? I assume it wasn't because you were busier then than you are now.

Simple. Lack of self discipline and inability to delay gratification, alcoholism and an eating disorder ! Lol!

So you were undisciplined. Okay, well...that doesn't mean it isn't easier to lose weight at 18 when you don't have responsibilities that just means that in your specific life you were undisciplined at 18.

I think the point most people are trying to get across is it is a little ridiculous for someone who has been trying to lose weight for all of 2 months at the age of 18 when he has no responsibilities other than to himself to lecture adults about how easy it is.
  • theostlerscat
    theostlerscat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My son is about your age. This past year he lost about 40lbs. He's 6'0" and about 150lbs now. Loosing the weight was easy for him, it just fell off when he stopped eating junk food and stopped eating when he wasn't hungry.

Now the problem is gaining muscle; that's the hard part. He was so concerned with weight loss that he lost track of the fact that some of the weight he lost was muscle. He has taken off the fat, but he is skinny now and needs to bulk up. It isn't about loosing weight so much, for any of us. It is about reaching a healthy muscle-fat ratio. Keep your eye on the prize; weight loss isn't always all that's important.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Yup. Read many of the posts here. No surprise, the OP is a troll. Not worth the time or effort, unless you find this thread amusing and/or entertaining.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

Troll within a troll.

Trollception?

frabz-WHOA-6848eb.jpg
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    You're an 18 year old male. Get back to me when you're a 45 year old woman.
    Calories in<Calories out

Done.

The famous Law of Thermodynamics is the ONLY thing going on in the human body? Yup, ok. (I sure hope that you are studying biology and other related topics. You might find hormones of interest.... but wait! You are an 18 yo male so you already know it all. Nevermind.)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Wow.

This has got to be the most successful troll thread I have ever seen! Keep feeding him! this is making for a good afternoon. :D
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    OP I do have to ask, why do you need strangers on the internet to acknowledge your wisdom?
This discussion has been closed.