Is being 18 supposed to be hard?

Options
1235»

Replies

• AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    This is the definition of a failing parody thread.

Your FACE is the definition of a failing parody thread.

Wait. What?
    oh GURL, you are gonna get POUNCED for that..

Wait for it....
    IPIwkIS.gif
    Wait for it....

SHwiKra.gif
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Ouch, everybody ripping on us Millenials? We aren't that bad. We were just raised differently. You need what Socrates said back in classical times?

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

All adults are the same. They are always blaming the generation after them. :laugh:
    Yeah, I quoted Cicero. ("Times are bad. Children no longer obey their parents and everyone's writing a book.") But if they don't blame millenials, who else can they misdirect their ire towards!! :wink:
    Are those quotes verifiable though?

The Socrates one is certainly apocryphal (at best) since the dude didn't leave any writings. The one by Cicero I've seen before but never saw a reference for it...

Mm, seems to be hard to source/inaccurate. "Never trust a quote you find on the internet." - Lincoln, probably.
  • Edmond_Dantes
    Edmond_Dantes Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Many adult jobs really aren't that stressful (mine is relatively fine). Now, not having a job or health issues certainly can be, but really, which adult jobs are so bad (and why not switch if they are intolerable?)

It'd be nice if things were in my world as simple as they are in yours....and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I'm not saying there aren't any stressful jobs, just that many really aren't that stressful- if you ignore the stress from being poorly compensated. Sure, being a trauma surgeon or running a company or working in a dangerous area is stressful, but most people don't do that. What is it you do that has you down?
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I was dumb as a teenager (didn't think I was at the time). It's just the nature of being young, being without many responsibilities and not knowing the intangible things you learn as you age. I'm sure when I'm in my 60s that I'll think I was dumb at this age.

/shrug
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Nope.

My 18 yr old has it quite easy compared when I was 18.

I had my own house, car note, in college, paying my own way and raising her on my own at her age. So 18 yr old based on my experience is a piece of cake nowadays. lol

Edit. My kid is polite and know better. She respects her elders and does what I say. It cracks me up when I see people on here and in real life let they kids disrespect or they say, let them be adults. PLEASE. My kid is 18, she aint no adult and she will do what I say. Those who say all that rif raf have no control. I have control because mine respects me because I raised her that way.

And she is in college and has two jobs and models. I wish my kids would act up! lol... its how you raise your kid. And I raised mine to be a SUPERSTAR and work HARD. All that other noise is unacceptable and I wouldn't allow.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Some of you are jelly.
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I've given up on humanity thanks to gen Y and the millennials.
    I'm not sure if this was sarcastic ...
    If it was a serious statement, please don't lump us all into one category and assume that none of us work hard to reach our goals. We already get enough people shaking their canes at us for being the generation that isn't able to get jobs, lives at home, etc...

This. I moved out of my mom's house right after finishing high school. I have received no financial support from my family and am working 1-2 jobs while going to school.