Options

Replies

• Backupvegan
    Options
    I think that post means an extra banana today for me
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Hersheys cookies and cream cereal? I'm afraid to commit to a full box without having tried it first.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I eat a crap-ton of sugar and my blood work is damn near perfect. I'm also tall and lanky as hell while being middle aged and female. So....the real question is, if I start scarfing up fruit loops (bleh but if it works...) will I get J-LO's butt even though I'm of Slovak ancestry? I come from an entire country of tall, skinny *kitten* people but you never know....:wink:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I prefer Lucky Charms...dry.

I eat all the crappy cereal first and then enjoy the marshmallows.

Oh, I also eat at calorie maintenance of deficit (except when bulking) and have a healthy body weight so I don't have to worry about these "sky is falling" claims about sugar.

It's a tie with Fruit Loops and Lucky Charms. Then I heard they have Fruit Loops with the same kind of marshmallows as Lucky Charms. Need to try this.

I eat it the same way.

Shut the front door!

So the relatively "crappy" cereal I have to endure to get to the good part could be FRUIT LOOPS instead of I-CAN'T-BELIEVE-IT'S-NOT-CARDBOARD LUCKY CHARMS?!?

211005-header.jpg
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Oh Joanne, do you think we can't google? Here's another snip from the article that you conveniently left out:
    Experts still have a long way to go to connect the dots between fructose and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. Higher intakes of fructose are associated with these conditions, but clinical trials have yet to show that it causes them.

And here's a link to the article in its entirety, since I have a little thing called ethics:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/is-fructose-bad-for-you-201104262425

antonio-banderas-ooo.gif

Oh and big surprise. Joanne cherry picked the article. :laugh:

That is a bit of brilliance. This post has changed my mind. For my pre-bedtime snack tonight, I'm switching from my flour bag back to my sugar bag. :drinker:
  • One_Last_Time
    One_Last_Time Posts: 125
    Options
    So were never suppose to eat fruit again? 17g sugar in a fuji apple. I think the facts posted about sugar intake a long time ago are NOT including fruit. I go over sugar every day because of fruit, that's 2-3 servings.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    You guys are ignoring the Apple Jacks with marshmallows in them.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    This is a good explanation of how sugar converts to fat in the body when eaten in excess.
    So don't eat it in excess. Meaning, don't go over one's recommended calories, not grams of sugar per day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Fructose's religious preferences are none of my business.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Oh Joanne, do you think we can't google? Here's another snip from the article that you conveniently left out:
    Experts still have a long way to go to connect the dots between fructose and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. Higher intakes of fructose are associated with these conditions, but clinical trials have yet to show that it causes them.

And here's a link to the article in its entirety, since I have a little thing called ethics:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/is-fructose-bad-for-you-201104262425
    I LOVE IT! Great detective work! OP conveniently leaves out the most important part of the article!!!!! As stated by everyone else, sugar is not the enemy over consumption of total calories is!!!!!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I ate 1kg of bananas in 2mins.

This is me.

991269_1959.jpg

phat as Fu(k

hope that helps.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

This is me.

991269_1959.jpg

phat as Fu(k

Jeez Chris. Hope you learned your lesson

>.>
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    oh. you again.

47t2114508.jpg
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I love knowing the science and don't see why anyone would think this post was scary or complicated. The process is called gluconeogenesis and the liver is actually involved in the metabolism of things other than fructose.

Even people who are already extremely fit might want to know more about the way we metabolise food because those who have really low fat percentages and have restricted caloric intake could have problems on the other end of the spectrum.

Way too many people on this site forget that fitness is more than just weight or muscle tone. Information like this is much more interesting than just repeating the mantra "calories in-calories out".

Conversion of carbs into fat is not gluconeogenesis. You're thinking of de novo lipogenesis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10365981
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options

This is me.

991269_1959.jpg

phat as Fu(k

hope that helps.
    God bless bananas!!!!!!!!!!
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I'm an old fashion frosted flakes girl myself
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Fructose's religious preferences are none of my business.

You know how that fat is. It knocks at your door with pamphlets and young fat cells, and you can't say no.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    You again?! OP, you have all the marks of a true zealot.

Yep
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    zomg

you mean

food

can turn into

FAT?!

le gasp
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member