everyone who needs to loose 50 or more pounds

Options

Replies

• pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Ok. Today is the day I take control of all of this. Did some good exercising and eating over the weekend and want it to continue for more than a day or 2!

Current weight 201
    Starting weight in March 2008 : 210
    Goal weight :135 by May 2009

This weeks fitness goals will be to walk 4 miles on Tuesday , 4 miles on Thursday and then 8 miles with my walking group on saturday. I walked with them this last saturday and it killed me. They are miles ahead of me but I kept up anyways. I have been paying for it for days! Not this saturday. I will keep up and feel good doing it! We are training to walk The Portland Marathon that takes place October 6th in Portland Oregon. Dit it last year weighing 185. I want to do it this year weighing less than that and improve my time! 26.2 miles!!!

Good luck everyone!
  • tryingagain
    tryingagain Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I just signed up and am looking forward to the support. Thanks for this thread.
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Maicari - great point. Eating all the calories is so important. I gain the most weight when I undereat!! (though no one ever believes it! lol)
  • tryingagain
    Options
    Well. Today was day one and I made it thru the day. Okay with food. Not enough exercise. Still feel pretty good about the day. Wish me luck with day two.
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am down 81 lbs since early September and want to lose another 54 to reach my goal weight.

I think I qualify!! HAHA!

Tam~
    You look great! It is hard to believe you have another 54 to go??!!!
    Great job :blushing:

BTW>>>>HERE I AM, I qualify :laugh:
    ~Kell
  • tryingagain
    Options
    Yesterday I was a little over in calories. Still very little exercise. Are most of you exercising? What do you do and how often? For the record, I am 57 and hoping to retire healthy.
  • romywill
    romywill Posts: 42
    Options
    I walk my two dogs, sweat to the oldies, or just clean house (burns calories).
  • romywill
    romywill Posts: 42
    Options
    Please don't beat yourself up. I had 1 slice of pizza tonite - and it is o.k. Just don't eat a whole pizza. That's why weight watchers is so successful. They allow everything. Just cut down - you can do it!!!!

Romy
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    yeah i am over on calories..but today is the start of my new Point weeks.. I had two cookies at 5 pts each.... i am down 13 lbs but its just not coming off fast enough for me and im getting frustrated.. this week i stayed the same... ugh....
  • fynendandi1
    fynendandi1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have to loose 67 pounds!!!! I never thought that i would have to say that. I really think this time i am going to do it. I have had many attempts but i seem to be very focused this time and the support I have found here is amazing. Thank-you everyone!!!:love:
  • Mairacrg
    Mairacrg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone just stopping by to see how you guys are doing. I hope everyone is doing great and keeping up. Today I had to get a cake for the someone at work. I had a slice. I knew this all day so even though I had the cake for lunch I also had a fruit salad. That made a huge different becuase I kept my mind focus to eat healthy the rest of the day. I made thru the day and still had 50 calories left.
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    I didn't write in much at all last week- it was finals week for my students so I spent the week grading and packing up the classroom. I still managed to loose a couple though considering the end of the year parties and taking the staff that is leaving out for lunch. I didn't loose the Biggest Loser at my school but I am now down enough to make me proud. My dr. told me that I was doing it right- slow and sensible. :smooched:
  • tryingagain
    Options
    :smile: Hi everyone, I have been doing this for 1 week. I lost 3 lbs. I feel pretty good. Thanks for the support from this website. If I am getting hungry and thinking about blowing it, I come to the website and get encouraged again. A long way to go, but 3 helps!
  • AngelicDevil80
    AngelicDevil80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Im needing to lose 94lbs. Im giving myself until Oct, so hopefully I can do it :) I just re-started a workout routine and better eating so I obviously havent lost anything yet. Last summer I lost 40 lbs in 2.5 months but got lazy during the winter. I think by posting on here it will keep me motivated especially since I like looking at charts :)
  • AngelicDevil80
    Options
    I dont mind being size 14 or so but I havent been since I was 18. I dont want to be as overweight as I am but dont want to be a stick either. I do want to lose weight but I dont want to be so big my heart is going to kill me...that and b/c of my kids in my main reason for this, but looking better is probably 3rd. It just makes me feel better about myself. My fourth reason is b/c I have severe depression/anexity and dont sleep w/o meds but when Im healthier I dont need the meds. :smile:

Well, I'm not sure exactly what you want your message thread to be, but I have to lose 75 pounds, and I'm only five feet tall!
    Don't get me wrong, I commend anyone who feels they need to lose weight, but a lot of people seem to have GREAT bodies and still can't stand themselves. I think it's mostly a psychological thing, and of course the media has everything to do with how we view ourselves. Did you know that the average woman in America is a size 14-16? AVERAGE. That means most REAL women are voluptuous!
    I know that long ago a woman with meat on her bones was considered beautiful because she was seen as fertile and matronly. If she was "fat" it was clear to everyone that she was wealthy as well, because she could afford luxurious feasts.
    So what happened?
    When did Twiggy become our ideal?
    I have many bigger women friends, and ya know what? I think each and every one of them is beautiful! Curves seem healthy to me! It adds a sense of security and rosiness to your cheeks. :blushing:
    I would like to lose enough weight to be active on a daily basis without straining myself. I want to firm up and be healthy. Looking great is a plus, but not my goal!
    I think once everyone realizes that their health is the number one issue and not how they look in a bathing suit, the weight will come off a lot easier!
    Here is to women who have a real woman's body! :drinker:
  • AngelicDevil80
    Options
    I totally agree , I need to really stay away from the scale. I am only going to weight myself on sunday morning and also measure myself.

Thats what I was doing last time I was losing weight. I only weighed myself at the start then again every 3rd week. Once I gained some muscle I stayed off again for a bit b/c the weight stayed the same but my pants and shirt size were going down. Thats what I like to focus on.
  • AngelicDevil80
    Options
    I'm in for 100 - and I hope this is a thread and not a threat!! I didn't just fall off the wagon today I leapt off and into a vat of chocolate and carbs -- it was very gratifying. Tomorrow I will hit the gym and get back on my routine. I do not beat myself up or speak unkindly to myself when I take a detour into food. Sometimes it's just where I need to go. But I'm 26 pounds lighter and much healthier than I was 8 weeks ago so it keeps me motivated to keep losing. I get a lot of support from this site. Good luck and congratulations to all of you for making the loving effort to take care of your beautiful bodies and souls!:flowerforyou:

For me after I start losing weight and get more toned I dont deny myself any food but I just eat a little bit of whatever "bad" food I crave.
  • AngelicDevil80
    Options
    Yesterday I was a little over in calories. Still very little exercise. Are most of you exercising? What do you do and how often? For the record, I am 57 and hoping to retire healthy.

Ive been lazy and depressed for all of winter. I just ate and ate thinking it wont be hard to drop the weight again. During the winter I forgot how much I actually exercised. I had lost the 40lbs by walking 8-10 miles a day pushing a stroller. My brother took me to his gym last night and I decided that I was going to go daily with him now. I started last night by walking at a pace of 2.8 at an in cline of 5.0 for a mile and a half. Then I switched to leg/thigh weights(those are what my brother showed me how to do) but tonight I plan on treadmill, probably same settings as last night then arm workouts maybe legs again.
    I want to get back to walking with my son in the stroller but I feel so fat and disgusting right now that I dont want everyone to see me, so Ill probably go back to that in about a month in addition to the gym.
  • Mairacrg
    Mairacrg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello you guys and welcome to all the new people. I am doing great. I lost another pound. I feel awesome, Just keep on doing a great job.
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    I got off track the last week with posting my calories- but I definitly learned something in 2 months- I still lost 2 more pounds. So the moral of that story is to learn enough that even when you are away from the computer, you still make healthy choices and loose weight.:happy: