Replies

• kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Hello! (:
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    May and June are my torture months. :devil: Mom's day, my b-day, Father's day, son's b-day, hubby's b-day then our anniversary in addition to all of the end of the school year parties (school, teachers' thank God it is over party after finals, Scout parties etc.) :explode: This is a tough time for willpower. And now the humidity has arrived in FL for the summer- that makes it hard to want to be outside (unless you are my kids) The pool is my new best friend:love:
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    I see no one has visited this post for a little while - I hope everyone is doing well!
    Here are a few motivational words:

This life is yours: Take the power to choose what you want to do and do it well. Take the power to love what you want in life and love it honestly. Take the power to walk in the forest and be a part of nature. Take the power to control your own life. no one else can do it for you. Take the power to make your life happy.
    -Susan Polis Schutz

Did anyone else read the post on the weight calculator? I suggest you all try it, so we can open a discussion. I guess the main topic I'm trying to facilitate is what is a reasonable weight for height/age? What do you all think? I was mortified by what my weight should be, medically speaking. :frown:
  • Mairacrg
    Mairacrg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello guys,

I know it was a hard weekend atleast for me. I will post the weight monday, so please everyone send me a message or e-mail me. Lets put the weekend behind and have a great weekend.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the post on the weight calculator, I couldn't find it when I looked for it:grumble: but that's ok. My ideal weight would make me look like a starving stickfigure, I am large boned and I have broad shoulders . I'm not so shure where they get all those statistics from, I had relatives that were skinny all their life , ate well, exercised never smoked or drank die at 60 and others that were overweight make it to 90.:noway: There are a lot more factors to calculate when it comes to being healthy. I think it should be up to everyone themselves where they feel the best and are comfortable with how they look. I don't think that one size fits all or God would have made us that way.
    When I get to a size where I feel great or my goal weight and I still feel I need to lose more then I will, if not I'll stay. Right now I'm working on exersizing and eating healthy foods and portion control:embarassed:
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Hey BikeChick - Where was the weight calculator post (what section/what was the tagline) so we can take a look?

Thanks!
  • change16
    change16 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi. I wana join!! I need to lose weight, I've been saying I'm going to lose weight for a long time now, and now I actually want to do and not just talk about it! I need help though I'm one of the least motivated people out there.
  • BikeChick
    Options
    Well, here's the website
    http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.html
    and I also bumped the topic - so check it out!

On a different note *FREAKING OUT!!!*
    Today is my birthday, and since I'm working, I celebrated it with my family yesterday. I ate A TON!!! Probably 3000+ calories over my daily allotment! I worked out hardcore last night, and was feeling pretty good. I had my meals planned out for the day, and even already entered them in my food diary, and I found that I had extra calories left, before exercise. Then it happened. My friends and co-workers brought out an ENORMOUS chocolate chip cookie slathered in chocolate frosting. AH! So I have probably had three pieces. (This cookie is the size of a large pizza!) I've been handing out pieces like no body's business so I can get rid of it!!! Between yesterday and today, I have had WAY more sugar than anyone's body should be allowed to handle. I have even had a constant headache for these last two days. I don't have any way of working out because I'm at work until 9pm. UGH.
    I keep telling myself it's okay, it's my birthday, and even though I pigged out I will get back on track tomorrow. In the meantime, I feel like crap. :sick: :cry:
    I guess I just need some encouraging words, fellow MFP's!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    That website was not what I expected.

I recently have had a few sports injuries and due to muscle mass have always been over my "ideal weight" by 5-10lbs, though I didn't look it.

Admittedly though I'd be happy in the high 150s right now! haha I'm stagnating and I don't know why. According to how I'm eating I should still be losing weight.

I'm going to try editing daily eating to make things a bit healthier and try to up the exercise (that's been hard b/c I've had a broken arm for quite a while now 7.5 months!).
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    to Bike chick
    We all fall (leap, jump,dive) off the wagon sometimes. So your birthday is over( Happy Birthday to you:flowerforyou: belated) and tomorrow is another day. It is not how often we fall off the wagon it is that we get back on after every time.(and as quickly as possible).
  • Mairacrg
    Options
    Hello everyone This is everyone's starting weight make sure I didn't miss anyone. Last week weight
    Nickname Weight
    AmyAlyse 205
    Maicari1 196
    LJHust will let us know Wednesday
    kerridwen 180
    sharimarie 206
    BikeChick 195
    kwill23 157.5
  • Mairacrg
    Options
    This week
    Nickname Weight
    Maicari1 192
    LJHust will let us know Wednesday
    kerridwen
    sharimarie 203
    BikeChick 205
    kwill23
  • kerridwen
    Options
    I'm around 180, been bouncing the last few days from 180 to 182!
  • Mairacrg
    Options
    hello everyone just checking to see how everything is going?We are almost at the end of the week,way to go.
  • romywill
    romywill Posts: 42
    Options
    I am in - I need to loose around 50. I am 5'3 and 182 pounds - put on weight after my first child at 40 - now with menopause (and 4 kids - we adopted 3) - I stress eat. I started to break my days down into increments and just try to do my best during every increment of 4 hours. I try not to worry about tomorrow or about yesterday. My motivation - myself, my family. I would love to find nice clothes without having to eye the plus sections.

Thanks,

Romy
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'll be in. I have about...80+ pounds to lose. I am right now at 243 and I want to get down to 160. This seems like a really good motivational thread. Woo! :smile:
  • Wantabe
    Wantabe Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, I need to lose about 79 lbs. I keep bouncing back and forth. It seems like the more i exercise the more i gain. If i don't exercise then I may lose maybe (pushing it) 1/2 lb. I have lost some inches but looks like to me the scales would drop some. I need a thread like this. :explode:
  • BikeChick
    Options
    Okay, these last few days have been really hard for me. I don't know if I will be losing any weight this week, either!:sad: Is anyone else having this much of an issue? What about you maicari? Are you losing steadily on a weekly basis?
    I don't feel as though I'm making any progress...
  • sunbug501
    sunbug501 Posts: 180
    Options
    Is it too late to be in on this? i am at 217 right now. I need to lose about 70 lbs.

jennifer
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Okay, these last few days have been really hard for me. I don't know if I will be losing any weight this week, either!:sad: Is anyone else having this much of an issue? What about you maicari? Are you losing steadily on a weekly basis?
    I don't feel as though I'm making any progress...

I lose steadily on a weekly basis, but it isn't always as much as I want it to be. It takes a REALLY long time to lose weight. I had a HUGE weight loss the first week, because my body went into shock, I was eating so much better, but then it has tapered off. And now I lose about a pound or a pound and a half a week. Everyone has off weeks, and as long as you just stick with it, you'll be fine. We're all rooting for you!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: