everyone who needs to loose 50 or more pounds

Options
I want to start a a message threat for any one who wants to loose 50 or more pounds.Let's all motivate us.Looking forward to the post.

Replies

• Mairacrg
    Mairacrg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I want to start a a message threat for any one who wants to loose 50 or more pounds.Let's all motivate us.Looking forward to the post.
  • kiernos
    kiernos Posts: 1
    Options
    I need to lose 82 pounds! I've seen people who've lost 100+ pounds and they did it! It took time but they did it! I'm just as strong as they are... and so are you.
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    Well, I'm not sure exactly what you want your message thread to be, but I have to lose 75 pounds, and I'm only five feet tall!
    Don't get me wrong, I commend anyone who feels they need to lose weight, but a lot of people seem to have GREAT bodies and still can't stand themselves. I think it's mostly a psychological thing, and of course the media has everything to do with how we view ourselves. Did you know that the average woman in America is a size 14-16? AVERAGE. That means most REAL women are voluptuous!
    I know that long ago a woman with meat on her bones was considered beautiful because she was seen as fertile and matronly. If she was "fat" it was clear to everyone that she was wealthy as well, because she could afford luxurious feasts.
    So what happened?
    When did Twiggy become our ideal?
    I have many bigger women friends, and ya know what? I think each and every one of them is beautiful! Curves seem healthy to me! It adds a sense of security and rosiness to your cheeks. :blushing:
    I would like to lose enough weight to be active on a daily basis without straining myself. I want to firm up and be healthy. Looking great is a plus, but not my goal!
    I think once everyone realizes that their health is the number one issue and not how they look in a bathing suit, the weight will come off a lot easier!
    Here is to women who have a real woman's body! :drinker:
  • Mairacrg
    Options
    Hello Kiernos, I read your profile. I am in the same wagon. In high school i was not thing but I was ok. After high school I gain 45 pounds. And of course depression kicks in once in a while. But we can do it. :laugh:
  • Mairacrg
    Options
    yeah basicly this can be a place where we can vent about our day and monitor each other. I have two goals. First one to loose 45lbs and than loose a between 20 to 30 more.
  • BikeChick
    Options
    I heard once that the best way to get in the right mindset (aside from one day at a time) is to focus on losing 10% of your goal. So say you want to lose your 40 pounds - focus on the first 4. Then you can focus on the next 4 pounds and so on. I can't really do it that way, because I am involved in a no-scale thing with another member. You guys should join!
    We can't be slaves to the numbers. They could mean anything!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/12790-can-anyone-tell-me
  • Mairacrg
    Options
    I totally agree , I need to really stay away from the scale. I am only going to weight myself on sunday morning and also measure myself.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    need to lose 55-60 lbs
  • Mairacrg
    Options
    what is your motivation?
  • annielouise
    annielouise Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm in for 100 - and I hope this is a thread and not a threat!! I didn't just fall off the wagon today I leapt off and into a vat of chocolate and carbs -- it was very gratifying. Tomorrow I will hit the gym and get back on my routine. I do not beat myself up or speak unkindly to myself when I take a detour into food. Sometimes it's just where I need to go. But I'm 26 pounds lighter and much healthier than I was 8 weeks ago so it keeps me motivated to keep losing. I get a lot of support from this site. Good luck and congratulations to all of you for making the loving effort to take care of your beautiful bodies and souls!:flowerforyou:
  • sharimarie
    sharimarie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I need to loose 76 lbs.
  • BikeChick
    Options
    When I first started caring about myself and trying to lose weight last summer, my motivation was someone else. A person other than me that I desperately wanted to impress and be "good enough" for. That was NOT HEALTHY! I ended up losing a lot of weight, and this person noticed. I was accomplishing what I wanted to, but ya know what happened? I stopped losing and started gaining it all, and MORE, back. That motivation wasn't good enough for me.
    Remember, you have to be doing this FOR YOURSELF! If you don't, eventually you will lose interest. You have to care about yourself and love who you are in order to make the lifestyle changes it takes to lose weight. That's what I am doing now, and it is working very well. And guess what? That person still likes me!
    Once you genuinely care about yourself and your body, it will be so easy to lose the weight!
    I know I will never be able to healthily reach my goal by this summer, but I know if I keep at it, I will be where I want to be by the next.
    Sometimes it's very hard knowing you can't get rid of the fat right away. Everyone wants that instant gratification. I want to be thin RIGHT NOW. That is what makes us fall - or jump :laugh: - off the wagon. That's why everyone around here says lifestyle change and not "dieting".
    Bottom line, my motivation is ME! :heart:
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    You are so right! Everone has to do this for themselves and no one else. My problem is, the man I'm seeing likes me at the weight I am at, and doesn't want me to loose much weight! He is very supportive of me though, even walks with me and understands that I need to do this for health reasons. My family is riddled with diabetes and I'm so affraid that I too will be next. That is my motivation.
    Another person told me that b/c I'm tall, I will look good with just losing 20 lbs. My sister said the same thing. hmmm. :huh: So, I guess, I will just play it by ear, and see what I look like afer loosing some weight, and decide then if I want to contine or just work on toning everything up. Again, it has to be what I'M satisfied with, and not anyone else.
    Best of luck to everyone!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I am down 81 lbs since early September and want to lose another 54 to reach my goal weight.

I think I qualify!! HAHA!
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    I NEED TO LOSE ALMOST 50 POUNDS DO I STILL QUALIFY I NEED TO LOSE 43 POUNDS.
  • Mairacrg
    Options
    lady's of course you qualify. It will be great to have each other's support. From reading your comments, I think that we all understand each other. I am so glad you guys are here . And for those that have lost weight . Let us know how you are doing it. I weight myself every sunday. So I will let you guys know on sunday how I am doing
  • queenie
    queenie Posts: 5
    Options
    I've got 60 that I need to drop. So I'd love to join in. :-)

This website is awesome, as keeping track, helps me to make wiser decisions.
    Hugs to all!
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    HI, MAY I BE A PART OF THE GROUP?
    I NEED TO LOSE 100 POUNDS!! I AM ONLY 4'9" TALL. BELIEVE ME, IT HAS BEEN ROUGH ON MY BODY. WHEN DO WE START REPORTING OUR LOSS/GAIN? IS THERE BY ANY CHANCE A GROUP ON MY FITNESS PAL FOR PEOPLE OVER 50 YEARS OLD?
    THANKS.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Well.. i need to loose 100 lbs... i needed to loose 108 but have lost 8 but it took me 3 weeks.. SO i started weight watchers again for more motivation. It worked before but i quit and gained all but 10 lbs back. I am determined to loose this weight. My goal is right now to loose 25 lbs. And go from there. Exersizing is my biggest problem i just dont have time right now. School work ect. :smile: BUt if any one needs some pointers on finding heatlthy foods cheap and recipies let me know i have a bunch.. GOOD LUCK!!!!:bigsmile:
  • BikeChick
    Options
    Okay, I am henceforth calling the SUPPORT CIRCLE into action! I need some help ladies - I am at work, I have eaten way over my calories for the day - and I am craving chocolate. The vending machine is calling - no screaming - my name!!! :noway:
    I am saying no... but it's not working. Something deep down is attracted to it like a magnet. Help!