everyone who needs to loose 50 or more pounds

Options

Replies

• ligytha
    ligytha Posts: 130
    Options
    Hi. I need to lose 79 more pounds (31 already gone!).
    We can do it!
    Amy: Quick! Find a homeless man on the street and give him all your cash! That way you can't buy things at the vending machine!
  • queenie
    queenie Posts: 5
    Options
    Amy: Quick! Find a homeless man on the street and give him all your cash! That way you can't buy things at the vending machine!

Lolololol!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started at 325 and I'm currently at 245... thats 80 pounds lost.... another 65 to go!

You guys can do it, it just takes time, and hard work! I have faith in you all!
  • Mairacrg
    Mairacrg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello guys,

I am just checking in and letting you know how my day was. I think today it was pretty goo. I got everyhting done . I eat food that i loved and I am fool. But I am doing homework and just like amy the kitchen is calling. I will let you know how it went in a few hours.
  • mdelong69
    mdelong69 Posts: 3
    Options
    I need to loose 100 pounds and would appreciate support as I begin my journey towards becoming healthier.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about 50 lbs.
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    i have lost 36 in total since january (25 before MFP and 11 since) and i have 96 more pounds to go its coming off slowly but surely:ohwell:
    j~
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    Well, I ended up giving in yesterday. *sigh* There is nothing I can do about it now.
    Well, I want everyone here to know that I support you, f you ever need help with anything (cravings, motivation) that's what this is all about, right? :flowerforyou:

Let's do this! And we don't have to do it alone!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Here are things that really helped me lose the first 80 pounds -
    -get an outdoor hobby that you enjoy. Even if its as simple as short walks at lunch, or bicycling
    -For awhile i didn't have a vehicle, so my sole means of transport was a bike. My butt and thighs looked AWESOME after just about 2 weeks!
    -Don't consider it a diet, ever. If you want it to be a lifelong change, that means permanantly altering your behaviors. That also means not riding yourself too hard if you want a piece of chocolate, or something else that tickles your sweet tooth. If you want it to be life long, you have to be able to live with it for the rest of your life. So punishing yourself, and feeling like you can't have what you want is only going to make you miserable. You have to find ways to get what you want but in a healthy way.
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I should lose 100 pounds to be at my "recommended weight" but my goal is 60 pounds which would be 170 pounds. I am 5 foot 4 inches. My first goal is to be under 200!!! I've had that goal for awhile and can't seem to crack it. I am 50 years old for what it's worth. I can remember when I felt "heavy" at 170 and then all of a sudden I was over 200 and climbing. It seems to easy to put on weight and so DIFFICULT to take it off.
    Good luck to all!!!!!
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    . Did you know that the average woman in America is a size 14-16? AVERAGE. That means most REAL women are voluptuous!
    I know that long ago a woman with meat on her bones was considered beautiful because she was seen as fertile and matronly. If she was "fat" it was clear to everyone that she was wealthy as well, because she could afford luxurious feasts.
    So what happened?

I couldn't agree more. I'm not blaming my mom especially a few days before mother's day and all BUT she brought me up to EAT!!!!! Skinny meant you were sickly!!!!! Our family was so focused on food. You ate when you were happy, sad, angry, to clebrate, to mourn, etc. When I woke up the first thing she asked was what do you want ot eat!!! No one years ago cared so much about your weight. They focused on you the person Today everyone is so focused on being "skinny" You need to be healthy and feel good about yourself!!!!
  • Caramel Cutie
    Options
    Well, I'm not sure exactly what you want your message thread to be, but I have to lose 75 pounds, and I'm only five feet tall!
    Don't get me wrong, I commend anyone who feels they need to lose weight, but a lot of people seem to have GREAT bodies and still can't stand themselves. I think it's mostly a psychological thing, and of course the media has everything to do with how we view ourselves. Did you know that the average woman in America is a size 14-16? AVERAGE. That means most REAL women are voluptuous!
    I know that long ago a woman with meat on her bones was considered beautiful because she was seen as fertile and matronly. If she was "fat" it was clear to everyone that she was wealthy as well, because she could afford luxurious feasts.
    So what happened?
    When did Twiggy become our ideal?
    I have many bigger women friends, and ya know what? I think each and every one of them is beautiful! Curves seem healthy to me! It adds a sense of security and rosiness to your cheeks. :blushing:
    I would like to lose enough weight to be active on a daily basis without straining myself. I want to firm up and be healthy. Looking great is a plus, but not my goal!
    I think once everyone realizes that their health is the number one issue and not how they look in a bathing suit, the weight will come off a lot easier!
    Here is to women who have a real woman's body! :drinker:
    YOU GO GIRL! :happy: I am a 5' 7" VOLUPTUOUS woman who weighs in at about 295 pounds. My friends say I don't look as heavy as I am, but I think it's because I'm toned--which just started in the past month since I've joined the gym!:drinker: But, I need to lose about 75 pounds to becaome healthier for myself and my kids! It's okay to be a THICK and FABULOUS woman--:bigsmile: --but we must be healthy! I see you have a picture of a goddess as your photo, and you're right---that's the way women were worshipped back in the day! I think some people don't realize that we used to exercise more. Now we've got MP3's, I Pods, video games and everything else practically indoors that keeps us from being active! :frown: But, we can do it! To all of the people who need to drop down 50 or more, GO FOR IT! WE CAN DO IT!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I only have 48 left to lose!! (yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!) can I join this post anyway? I started out with 59 to lose :drinker:

I am 5'6" and started out at 209 :noway: which is by far the heaviest I have ever been! My goal is 150, which is in my healthy range! I have never been this small but in high school I got down to 170 and I think I looked great! So I imagine myself at 150...... I shall be a goddess on my wedding day ! LOL. Good luck everyone, we can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    Absolutely - this is all about feeling GREAT about who we are and keeping each other feeling that way!
    Health is the number one goal, and if you feel really good, then you look really good!
    If you want to really get in the right mindset, you need to tell yourself this, and really mean it:
    DON'T HATE YOUR CURVES! :heart:
  • NanaDebby
    NanaDebby Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I need to lose 50 pounds (I"ve lost 9 so far) by the time I turn 50 next year....50 by 50...that's me! Today is a good day so far and motivation is up and high...but I know that can change in a heartbeat....it has happened many, many times before!!
    I am also interested to hear from those who have already lost.....what is your motivation...how did you do it?? How long did it take??? Details...details............
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    Okay, I am henceforth calling the SUPPORT CIRCLE into action! I need some help ladies - I am at work, I have eaten way over my calories for the day - and I am craving chocolate. The vending machine is calling - no screaming - my name!!! :noway:
    I am saying no... but it's not working. Something deep down is attracted to it like a magnet. Help!

Well, I know it's too late now, being it's the following day, but maybe from here on out, keep all money inside your car and don't bring any change to work. Keep a couple peices of tootsie rolls in your desk for when you get the chocolate craving, there much lower in calories then a candy bar.
    Hope this helpes. :tongue:
  • yvette2008
    yvette2008 Posts: 5
    Options
    I need to lose a 150 lbs to get down to my "ideal" weight. I'm simply taking it 10lbs at a time. I've lost 20 and am now heading into my next 10lbs. I'm thinking that I'm going to just face this 10lbs at a time, all the way. And then I'm trying to exercise 5 days a week, 3 minimum. Keep myself moving daily. I appreciate reading everyone's words of encouragement--it really helps!
  • spartysue
    spartysue Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm in! I'm down 27 since January. My goal for May is to get below 300! I'm 5'11" and want to get to 180. My emphasis also is on health! I've always been a "big girl" (hate that term) but didn't struggle with weight until college because I was very active. Now I'm approaching 50 and want a better quality of life. I think these boards are great! I'm glad we can support each other.
    Sue
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in....I'm 38 years old and need to loose 66 pounds to get into the healthy range. I'm 5'6 and have lost 19 pounds since starting in march.:happy: I love this website. It has helped the transition to healthier eating much easier. :drinker:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    i need 54 lbs off lost 38 so far