Replies

• Badger618
    Badger618 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I headbutt grimlins
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I cannot sleep with the closet door open. Ever.

I check all doors and windows and plugs before leaving the house - my checks are always 3 sets of 3 lol OCD much?!
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I do have one weird quirk. I won't go to sleep unless my bathroom door and closet door are both closed.

^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^
    My husband always asks if I'm afraid of the monsters.
  • WildBillR
    WildBillR Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I also have to have light switches all down in the off position, like the ones that have two switches for one light, i will turn lights on and off until i get them to where they are all in the correct position.

Nothing crazy about that IMO. Down means "Off" and up means "On" for ALL switches, dammit!!!

I do this for the upstairs hall light. But the builder messed up the downstairs hall light, so one switch is up and the other down when the light is off. Same thing in our garage. All other lights are in the down/off position. Oh, I curse the builder several times a week.

take the switch plate cover off. unscrew the switch, spin it 180 degrees(being mindful of the wires), screw it back in, re-install switch plate cover.

If it were a single switch, that would work...but, they both are double switches, and one switch is correct. :explode: Maybe they are actually two switches - I'll look into this tonight!
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I lick eyeballs...
  • BigDaddyD72
    BigDaddyD72 Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I'm a drummer... so i tap. constantly! If I hear a song that I really like or that one of my bands plays I'll air drum. I have also play the drums on my steering wheel.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I do, but thy're not weird to me :tongue: I do have to sleep with my feet outside the blanket, but nothing else.
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Yeah, closet door has to be shut before i sleep... (i feel much better about this after this post) ... Also , I secretly correct things in my head such as "why cant i loose weight" and "he is hear" and "that's there dog" ... it was a struggle to even post this...
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I pick at my blackheads. I know it's bad, but I can't help it. I also pick at my split ends lol.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have some OCD tendencies with stuff, mainly food. My sandwich has to be made correctly as in, bread, meat, cheese, toppings. I had ordered Subway once and they made it in reverse and I got home got so upset and refused to eat it. And myhamburger/hot dog rolls have to be opened correctly lol if they don't fully open and part of it stays and rips yeah i get a new one lol.
  • rsoice
    rsoice Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My wife refers to me as the garage door worrier. There are nights when I'll check both garage doors on multiple occassions and I too have turned around to go back just to make sure that the garage door is closed. I also apparently have a tendency to touch my nose with my tongue when I'm deliberating over a serious issue.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I pick at my blackheads. I know it's bad, but I can't help it. I also pick at my split ends lol.

i pick at split ends too.. i grab both sides & rip up the middle til it separates.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Ok, I realized this last night and it's funny that I thought of this thread.

When I go to bed on a work night I will turn my alarm clock's alarm on.

...then we may watch 30m of tv
    ...and then I may get up to pee
    ..and when I take my glasses off to set them on the nightstand

but I ALWAYS recheck the alarm clock by turning it "off" and then "on" again before going to sleep.

Sometimes up to 3 times just to check.
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I count stairs when I go up or down them and I have this thing with even numbers so even if the stair count comes out at an odd number I'll count my second foot going down on the last step as a "step".

I also get wicked excited when we go somewhere and our room is an even number.

I scrape all the cheese and toppings off my pizza and eat it last.

If I set the alarm to get up I check it about a dozen times to make sure it's set (and if we are in a hotel on our way to catch a plane i have about 5 back-up alarms set).
  • nomad1966
    nomad1966 Posts: 74
    Options
    Where the hell do I start....
    I can't drip on the floor after a shower...I gotta dry off in the tub.
    The grain of a wood table has to be either 90 degrees to my setting or parallel...no middle ground there...and it had better match the grain of the floor too.
    I count tiles in waiting room floors and ceilings..... from different angles and pov.
    I read and memorize licence plates
    I align my iPad(phone stacked on it), wallet/keys ...in that order on my night stand. The iPad must me aligned to the corner of the table.
    I can't mix old and new socks together even if they are essentially the same because the elastic on each has to put the same pressure on my shins
    Three ice cube...not four or two....I said three....I'll be quiet and take what I get but it stresses me out so I drink them faster if I don't get three.

****....I could keep going but this is beginning to make me think I need therapy.
  • doointhis4me
    doointhis4me Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I check to make sure all the doors are locked in the house, that the shotgun is within reach, and the .45 is in the holster beside my bed.(also easily reached) cant sleep without all of that being done first. any strange noise gets spotlight/laser lighted.

This..

I sleep with my xds under the other pillow.. EVERY night. I also sleep alone and have a daughter to protect since my husband works 3rds. I also have 3 alarms (a great dane, a pug and a boxer.. they make sure to investigate the noises for me =)
  • Jenny8511
    Jenny8511 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have left and right socks and it bothers me when they aren't on the correct foot.
    I can't sleep with the bathroom or closet doors open, and I have to be completely 100% under the covers except for my nose.
    I can't just climb into bed, I will run and leap into bed so the killer under my bed won't grab me and drag me under.
    I hate walking on hardwood floors barefoot and I buy new slippers every month because they quickly lose the squishiness.

I have a lot more, but I don't want to seem like a weirdo :)
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I lick eyeballs...

ewww, there's something overly disturbing, kinky, but also weirdly arousing about eyeball licking.. :embarassed:
  • fit2014yay
    fit2014yay Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm a drummer... so i tap. constantly! If I hear a song that I really like or that one of my bands plays I'll air drum. I have also play the drums on my steering wheel.

I don't think that's weird, unless you're using the brake/gas pedals for the bass/high hat pedals!! (My son is a drummer. Honestly, I don't even hear the drumming anymore. LOL)
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I've told anyone this, but I still occasionally prank call people, the nights I don't go out. My favorite is to prank call companies that provide 24-hour customer service around midnight using soundboards. I'm wayyy too old to be doing this, but I think it's funny.