Weird s**t you do...

Options

Replies

• whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Also, I've always wanted to be a hand model. You know the disembodied hand you see on infomercials, explaining how to use a product? Yeah I wanted that as a side job.
  • occupysmithmachine
    Options
    I count things. All the things. Rather than read a new book when I get it. I'll look at the total pages and divide them in an infinite array of ways to see how many reading sessions it'll take to read it. I can happily occupy a good hour doing this with a new book.
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I wear socks to bed but wake up in the morning with the right one off and the left one still on...every time. EVERY TIME...one sock on, one sock off. I must use my other foot to help kick it off in my sleep.
  • BreezyLaughter
    Options
    When I set my alarm on my phone, I listen to it 3 times to make sure the sound is ACTUALLY on. One time I accidentally did it 4 times, and it bugged me so much, it took me an hour to get to sleep. I also sneeze in 3s. Not on purpose, it just happens.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    When waiting for me Chinese food last night, I ws cleaning up and organizing their counter. It was messy! Menus everywhere. The guy thanked me lol.
  • LittleMissFit83
    Options
    Very much this!!
  • indignantgnome
    indignantgnome Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have left and right socks and it bothers me when they aren't on the correct foot.

I do this. Even in a pack of new socks, I can tell you which ones are a pair in addition to which is left and right after they've been worn once.

I also count things, either in 8's or in 3's... like I count steps when walking, by 8s.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I wear socks to bed but wake up in the morning with the right one off and the left one still on...every time. EVERY TIME...one sock on, one sock off. I must use my other foot to help kick it off in my sleep.

Are you sure your feet aren't playing muppets when you sleep?
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Sounds like OCD...

I do have one weird quirk. I won't go to sleep unless my bathroom door and closet door are both closed.

haha I have this too especially my mirrored closet door or if I have been using my ghd I check a million times that I turned it off before I do anything.

my worst is cleanliness though (unless in a massive rush) and not the kind where everything is immaculate if anything is left out it bugs the hell out of me (on the floor, kitchen bench, bathroom, dressing table etc) but then I can shove a million things on my bed. Inconsistency at it's best lol :laugh:
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options

If I set the alarm to get up I check it about a dozen times to make sure it's set (and if we are in a hotel on our way to catch a plane i have about 5 back-up alarms set).

lol I am as meticulous with this especially if I am getting up for gym at 5am; usually 5 alarms will do.

Then I lay there ensuring all silent functions are not activated, go through settings etc and switch the little click on and off hahah
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    towels with tags...always on the inside of the rack....

laces in running shoes...always

what else?!?
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I lick eyeballs...

I had an ex who always tried to do this to me, maybe you two should hook up :laugh:
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I love having cover songs like "Gin & Juice" by Phish and "Baby Got Back" by Grasshopper Takeover on my driving mixes... I get an enormous amount of glee when I see realization wash over other drivers who hear it, and feel like I score bonus points if they subsequently roll up their windows.

My sister and I, since we were first able to drive, have had a habit of being total oddballs in the car, especially at red lights. Whether it is my sister pretending to have lost her sight and screaming out the window at other cars with their windows open about how she can't see (while keeping her eyes closed, so then she directs her face to them and opens her eyes and goes "Ah! It came back!")... pretending to drink anti-freeze... Playing Christmas music on blast... Playing "Awesome God" by Rich Mullins and doing the hand actions we were taught during our Catholic grade school days... We always have a blast.

It's a family tradition to get my dad to make a sexual innuendo joke at the Thanksgiving dinner table. This tradition is usually coupled with trying to bring a bottle of wine that is a brand with a weird or suggestive name, like Menage a Trois or Mad Housewife.

I give the stink eye to unruly kids when I'm out shopping, especially when their parents aren't paying attention and they are being little jerks. I will stand there and stare them down till they behave themselves.

Sometimes when I'm feeling really lonely or need a hug, I will lean against a wall for comfort.

I never wear a shirt and bra if I don't have to, but I rarely go without pants.

I am obsessed with serial killers and the psychology of killing... Especially when it comes to women and children who kill. I have a list of my "top 5 favorite serial killers of all time" and have watched every video on BestGore. However, I will cry if I hit even the smallest of animals when driving, to the point where I may have to pull over and collect myself.
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Ha - just realised another one!

I always know what time it is. Even if I haven't looked at a clock all day, if someone asks me what time it is, I will always guess and 100% of the time I get it right, with a 5 minute window either side. That weirdly still doesn't make me on time for anything.

I also cannot sleep if the buttoned end of the duvet is near my face. THAT PART HAS TO BE NEAR THE FEET, GODDAMMIT, NOT THE FACE AND NOT THE SIDES EITHER.
  • abrar0290
    abrar0290 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
  • crystalpotts
    crystalpotts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have to sleep with my feet uncovered, two pillows under my head, one beside and shake one foot while trying to fall asleep.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    When watching underwater shows I will often hold my breath. And when playing video games, if there is a steep drop off, I get the same feeling as if I were going on a rollercoaster.
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I have to sleep with my feet uncovered, two pillows under my head, one beside and shake one foot while trying to fall asleep.

OMG. We are twins!

I put on lip gloss before I swim.
  • crystalpotts
    crystalpotts Posts: 130 Member
    Options

OMG. We are twins!

I put on lip gloss before I swim.

Hahaha! Totally!!

I can wiggle my left ear without moving my mouth.
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I roll pills in my hands before taking them to get the bitter dust off of them, but not capsules.