Weird s**t you do...

Options

Replies

• ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I can't stand balloons, especially in the car.

I can't stand having a rear window in the car opened if the front ones aren't.

I turn my plate 45 degrees before I eat.

I need my feet uncovered to fall asleep.

There are more, but they're way too intimate.
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I envision these imaginary trails of breathe that i have exhaled. well sort of, it is hard to explain. it's kind of like there is a mass or energy in the air, and i sometimes use my eyes or even my hand or foot to drag it around and disperse it into different areas. When it is unbalanced (like all clustered up on one side or in a place that makes me feel uncomfortable) i can't stand it. If i feel like a large amount of it is clustered up in an area that i am looking at i will not breathe in until i dart my eyes around to "move it".

OMG! I have never told anyone that I do this because it seems so bizarre, even to me! Glad to know there are 2 of us. :tongue:
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me feel so much more normal now.

Or at least take comfort in knowing other people are as crazy as I am.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    I make weird faces at people when I drive. Just to make people laugh.
    I like taking super hot baths with no soap. Just soaking for a half hour.
    I always eat fast food french fries before I eat my burger.
    I sing like crazy in my car when alone. No shame. I should probably get tinted windows. Lol
    I hear an awesome song and I envision myself doing something epic in slow motion.
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I envision these imaginary trails of breathe that i have exhaled. well sort of, it is hard to explain. it's kind of like there is a mass or energy in the air, and i sometimes use my eyes or even my hand or foot to drag it around and disperse it into different areas. When it is unbalanced (like all clustered up on one side or in a place that makes me feel uncomfortable) i can't stand it. If i feel like a large amount of it is clustered up in an area that i am looking at i will not breathe in until i dart my eyes around to "move it".

OMG! I have never told anyone that I do this because it seems so bizarre, even to me! Glad to know there are 2 of us. :tongue:

it's totally bizarre. i never told anyone before. not sure why i posted it but i think i was kind of secretly hoping that someone would know wth i was talking about. this has bothered me my entire life & i try to ignore it but i just can NOT.
  • leahmunroe0724
    Options
    The clothes in my closet are organized by color in rainbow order, then by sleeve length, and by type of clothing, which also determines the type of hanger I use for each item.

I organize my pantry constantly making sure that the canned goods are on the bottom shelf in rows of five by type of food while the middle shelf is for foods in boxes or bags such as pasta or muffin mix and the top shelf holds baking items like flour.

Food must be separated into individual piles on my plate and eaten in clockwise order, taking either three or five bites of each food before moving on to the next pile, and drinking ten sips of water after one rotation.

I do more "normal" weird stuff too like closing my closet door before going to bed but these are the most obsessive or odd things that I do.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    ~~A lot of video games irk me. This one has such a long story behind it but basically, after my ex husband and his video game addiction - if I even see World of Warcraft my blood boils.

~~I have to sleep on the left side of the bed. Don't care if it's against the wall, close to the door or near the window - just has to be the left side.

~~I carry a keychain knife on my keys, just in case. Even though in my mind, I can't help but feel that this 1.5 inch blade is inadequate self defense.

~~All of my hangers are white. I wouldn't care if they were black or green though, so long as they were all the same color. My husband's clothes and daughter's clothes are on random colors of hangers and I really don't care but if someone puts my clothes on a random miscolored hanger, it bugs me.

~~Whenever I catch the clock saying 11:11 it means something good is going to happen. I actually am not sure I even believe this, yet I still can't help but say it or think it every time I see the clock at that time.

~~I love taking baths, just purely for relaxation. Yet, I feel they are ineffective for cleaning. I don't feel uncomfortable at all in the bath, like I think I am lying in filth but I don't think I got clean at all so I have to shower too. I will pour a nice hot bath and lie in it, just soaking as long as I want - then I get up and take a shower.

~~I am uncomfortable in the bathroom with the door shut. This also has a long story behind it - abuse that occurred in a bathroom. I will use the bathroom with the door shut if I absolutely have to (like at someone else's house with people walking around) but I hurry quickly and get out of there as soon as I can. At home, my daughter isn't allowed in our bedroom at all because you never know if mom is in the bathroom in there with the bathroom door open.

Can't think of any more.

Yep, putting all that in written words makes me sound certified crazy.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I pee in the shower.
    I can only sleep facing the door in any room I am sleeping in.
    When I cook, I pretend I am hosting a cooking show.

As Louis CK once said, there are two types of people.....people who admit to urinating in the shower and dirty f**king liars!

Awesome quote lol
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Ha! Love all these!

Maybe the folks without weird tics are the odd ones...! (Or mutha ****ing liars).

Never stop being odd in the most wondrous of ways, people.
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    1) I love to swim but if at night,I am the only one at the pool by 7pm, I freak out and quickly get out of pool. I am afraid that water ghost appear to pull me underwater and make me drown :-S

2) I am a perfectionist to foods. I must cook up to my own standard,at the right taste and flavours or I wont eat any at all. Restaurants or fastfoods that I went for quick foods must serve great foods or I wont bother to make 2nd trip again

3) I LOVE to watch my boyfriend's Youtube videoclips where he recorded his own workouts :blushing: Muscle flexing:love::love:

4) I still count using my ten fingers when I am good in calculating mentally. I love to remind myself the things I need to do for the day,just in case I forget

5) I cannot DRINK coffee, any kind of coffee or I will be non-stop babbling and talking nonsense that come across my mind :grumble: :grumble:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I whisper "phone, wallet, keys" to myself every time I leave the house. And I pat each pocket as I say each word to make sure they're there - or hold the keys out in front of my face to show myself that I have them.

Yikes...I just re-read that and it sounds pretty crazy. Meh...oh well.

My mom does this. She actually has to go through a clothing checklist too. She left the house in pajama pants one day.
  • Ariadne83
    Ariadne83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have to check for evil, clown-faced murderers.

Hilarious thread, I can relate. I'm a fully grown woman but still can't sleep with the dressing gown on the back of the door, it looks way too much like a ghost when the lights are out. I also have to check there aren't any murderers hiding under my bed or in my wardrobe every single night!
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I hunt and investigate ghosts as a hobby

That is awesome! I've always wanted to ask one of the local ghost hunter groups if I could come along sometime but I think I'm too much of a wuss.

The weird thing I do is when I use forks, spoons etc. to prepare food, I cannot use them for eating as well. Just the other day I made some noodles and I used a fork to stir them around in the pot. So the fork was basically just wet from the water but I still couldn't use the same one to eat the noodles later.

Also, when my meal consists of different things like meat and veggies and one part comes with sauce, I absolutely hate it when whoever arranges everything on my plate pours the sauce over all other things, too. Like my mom does this thing where she will make brown sauce for the meat and she'll pour it all over the plate. HATE IT! Her excuse: "It all ends up in the same stomach anyway!"
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I also have to have light switches all down in the off position, like the ones that have two switches for one light, i will turn lights on and off until i get them to where they are all in the correct position.

Nothing crazy about that IMO. Down means "Off" and up means "On" for ALL switches, dammit!!!

I do this for the upstairs hall light. But the builder messed up the downstairs hall light, so one switch is up and the other down when the light is off. Same thing in our garage. All other lights are in the down/off position. Oh, I curse the builder several times a week.

omg i think i would have to move! lol, that sucks!
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I also have to have light switches all down in the off position, like the ones that have two switches for one light, i will turn lights on and off until i get them to where they are all in the correct position.

Nothing crazy about that IMO. Down means "Off" and up means "On" for ALL switches, dammit!!!

I do this for the upstairs hall light. But the builder messed up the downstairs hall light, so one switch is up and the other down when the light is off. Same thing in our garage. All other lights are in the down/off position. Oh, I curse the builder several times a week.

take the switch plate cover off. unscrew the switch, spin it 180 degrees(being mindful of the wires), screw it back in, re-install switch plate cover.
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    If someone's sitting next to me on a train and theyre chewing food really loud i have to really restrain myself from smacking them 7 shades of purple

and i have a t shirt i wear to bed every night
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I mentally re-arrange letters and numbers on car number plates to try and make real actual words, and occasionally get mad if there is an "a" instead of an "o", for example, and I can't spell "snob". I then dislike the car-owner for foiling me in my silly, word arranging tic.

Days of the weeks I associate with colours - Monday is orange, Tuesday magenta etc.

I do both of these! Only when I try to make words I have to keep the letters in order and find myself really annoyed if the existing letters are next to each other in the word, i.e MAD as the number plate wouldn't count - I'd have to upgrade it to something like MustArD or MeAnDer.

My Monday is orange too! Though Tuesday is dark purple... hmmm
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    This thread is a psychologist's dream!
  • vasairiah
    vasairiah Posts: 5,187 Member
    Options
    By far one of the most amusing threads!

I have this thing with laundry...

Not only do I sort jeans, from towels from whites, darks, colors, etc, but I also have different "grades" of clothes. Like I won't mix dress shirts with t-shirts, or casual shirts of the same color, and I won't mix cotton with rayon, or polyester. So I could have 5+ loads of any one color depending on their quality. I also don't mix socks and lingerie together.

Regarding the shower curtain, I prefer it closed, otherwise it looks messy to me. Although after I watching Final Destination many years ago I hated taking a shower and was -very- cautious exiting the shower...

I'm actually used to being in the house alone, so blinds open/closed, etc doesn't bother me. I firmly believe in my 2nd amendment rights.... So anyone that's silly enough to come-in unannounced may not be having a good day..
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the M&M, wallet-phone-keys, lip-smoothing, favorite utensils, same cup drinking, dish washer arrangement, towel routine, silence allergy

- I was raised with three sisters, three girl cousins and close to none boy peers, so some people say I'm damaged - don't care much about sports, cars, beer, etc BUT I can't stand anything pink on a guy, even our 11 months old daughter has nothing pink
    - when I cut my facial hair I also trim my eyebrows
    - I sit on the toilet even when going to #1

- I keep annoying people by babbling about Windows Phone, MyFitnessPal and quoting movies/series, theater
    - I wash my hair every morning
    - I can do weeks without vacuuming but when I clean-up, not a single hair can be left on the floor.
    - when I watch a movie or a series I can't stop in the middle. I have to finish the movie or with series, go through all seasons to finish the stories.

gosh, I'm weird! :embarassed: