Weird s**t you do...

Options

Replies

• TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    ... I like watching the Food Network while on a cardio machine. And I talk to myself a lot.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

I cannot just unplug any heated hair tool. I have to take a picture of the hair tool, unplugged, with a copy of the days newspaper next to it. Just so I don't have to go home mid-morning to check I did, in fact, unplug them and they aren't going to burn my house down, despite having a timer that automatically shuts them off after 30 mins (BUT WHAT IF THAT SHUT OFF FAILS?! WHAT IF!)

That's quite clever. I just check the plug 4,938 times.

All my "hot" electric stuff has auto shut offs, curling irons, flat irons, clothes iron. I have left everything on at one time or another. I've had to force myself to trust the auto shut off LOL
  • wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    Options
    I like to do random gross things, like pick up a bug and eat it or pretend to pick my nose while in my car at a red light, if I think somebody is looking at me.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Double and triple check that all the burners are turned off on the stove.
    My personal favorite is I color code my clothes with the hangers I put them on.

:blushing:
  • wardamnirish
    Options
    My personal favorite is I color code my clothes with the hangers I put them on.

Ah yes, I CANNOT TOLERATE hangers of different colors. They must all be black.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

I cannot just unplug any heated hair tool. I have to take a picture of the hair tool, unplugged, with a copy of the days newspaper next to it. Just so I don't have to go home mid-morning to check I did, in fact, unplug them and they aren't going to burn my house down, despite having a timer that automatically shuts them off after 30 mins (BUT WHAT IF THAT SHUT OFF FAILS?! WHAT IF!)

That's quite clever. I just check the plug 4,938 times.

All my "hot" electric stuff has auto shut offs, curling irons, flat irons, clothes iron. I have left everything on at one time or another. I've had to force myself to trust the auto shut off LOL

W... what if the auto shut off fails? O.O
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm the little old lady who talks to herself in the grocery store.
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to check my purse 3 times after locking the house or before locking the car door to make sure the keys are in fact in my purse.

I like fries with my vinegar, swimming, even drink the left over vinegar at the bottom ( done that my entire life )

I am a compulsive hand washer

I CANNOT stand when people stare at stop lights in traffic. It really makes my skin crawl. I have on several occasions when caught ppl staring at me I pick my nose at them while staring into their eyes
    @Wardamnirish so glad im not alone lol

oh and p.s one time i did that the couple in the car beside me started to freak out. My sister was driving I was passenger. My sister looks to see what i was doing. I some how knicked the edge of my inner nostril and blood was running down my hand. :O That must of looked horrific and yet i couldnt stop laughing
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I eat tuna from the can and drink the water..
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    If I replied honestly to this I'd make you all look normal :blushing:
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    My T.V is on CNN all day long. I'm a stay at home mom so I need some background noise while I do other things plus I like to know whats going on in the world.

I always have to spray perfume after I shower & change or I don't feel complete lol
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Bunch of weirdos. :)

Lol!

My only odd thing: I'm scared of crickets.
  • wardamnirish
    Options
    I pick my nose at them while staring into their eyes
    @Wardamnirish so glad im not alone lolol

How YOU doin? :laugh:
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    The shower curtain and shower sliding doors have to always be left in the "closed" position.

Everything has to be unplugged when not in use (except lamps, tvs, & computers). This includes our electric kettle, which can't draw electricity when the kettle is off of the mount. Coffee grinder. UNPLUGGED.

Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face. Cannot change the order. Cannot wash face first.

Clothing items, when hung up, must all face left.

I wear a lot of chapstick and when I am drinking from a cup/mug, I always drink from the spot with the chapstick smudge.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I am a bath person because when I take a shower it kind of freaks me out...I feel like the water is attacking me a little tiny bit. I love to swim so it's not a fear of water. And once I actually DO take a shower it feels pretty good, but I get super nervous/anxious feelings before getting in! Although I bathe daily, I really only shower when absolutely necessary (i.e., hotel room or guest bath with no tub whilst visiting friends, or every couple of months when I use at-home haircolor and need to rinse it out).

I'm the opposite, I hate a bath. I feel like I'm sitting in all the dirt and dead skin cells and groosness. I don't like being in still water at all. I'll get in a hot tub. I don't like being in ponds and lakes but rivers and the ocean is fine.

My dishwasher has to be loaded a certain way
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    I had a leaky roof once as a kid, and now I have this deathly fear of the roof leaking all over my electronics?? My anxiety levels skyrocket sometimes when it rains, even though its been ages since we've ever had a leaky roof. I even keep plastic ponchos and stuff to throw over everything in case it happens
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Oh I am also TERRIFIED of lady bugs. Im a bit of an odd one.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I eat tuna from the can and drink the water..

That's not weird, that's just gross.
  • TashTag
    TashTag Posts: 109
    Options
    I cant have the tv, car radio or hi fi or phone or anything sound related on an odd number.
    I HAVE to change it, even in other peoples cars. lol
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I associate even numbers with organization and odd numbers with spontaneity.

When I am behind a vehicle on the freeway or at a stop light I reduce numbers in license plates to their smallest possible outcome by a mixture of adding, subtracting, dividing and multiplying them to see if they end up being an odd or even number.

I do things in three's, I decorate in three's, I use the third stall in restroom, I take three sips of whatever I'm drinking, I use three paper towels to dry my hands, three pumps of soap, rub my hands together three times one direction before changing directions, eat three bites before changing foods or talking. ...etc