Weird s**t you do...

Options

Replies

• JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark" books, and I was convinced that if I left them face-up anywhere, the drawings inside would come to life.

I had those books too! they were scary!!
  • NLWears
    NLWears Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I check to make sure all the doors are locked in the house, that the shotgun is within reach, and the .45 is in the holster beside my bed.(also easily reached) cant sleep without all of that being done first. any strange noise gets spotlight/laser lighted.

This. Only mine is a .38 in the nightstand, and my sawed off shot gun (legal length) is under my bed. Also, I call my sawed off the Equalizer.
  • ThreePartBreath
    Options
    I only eat Tic-Tac's in two's and four's. Mostly two's if they are of the same color and flavor but occasionally I bump it too four, four if they are in a case with two separate flavours. (Two of each). No matter what if there isn't enough left to make a two or four combination, or if there is an uneven color to color ration, I will make someone else eat the last ones.

In my house we don't have a dishwasher, I am the dishwasher. I have a crazy system for washing dishes. The worst is that I must separate the utensils. I classify my utensils as 'good' or 'bad'. Sharp utensils are bad, rounded or dull are good. Only good can go with good and bad with bad.
    I've been known to walk by the drying rack and re-arrange the utensils to fit this criteria...No, I don't just put them away.

These aren't the only weird things I do, but the list is far too long and complicated to go into detail.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I like fries with my vinegar, swimming, even drink the left over vinegar at the bottom ( done that my entire life )

Me too! but I also add ketchup AND gravy ;p I do the same with Poutine - can't eat it without Ketchup, vinegar and gravy. Been eating fries like that forever :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is I color code my clothes with the hangers I put them on.

Ah yes, I CANNOT TOLERATE hangers of different colors. They must all be black.

My hangers are all black as well. My clothes are color coordinated though, and also within that color arranged from short to long sleeve. Shirts that fall into two different color categories drive me crazy.

yes to all of the above.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    all windows and doors must be covered in whatever I am sleeping in

covered with blankets/sheets

mostly because I have woken up a bunch of times to see ghosts and stuff staring at me in door ways & in my windows

I organize my food and the order I am going to eat each food in

lots of other things that I think are too weird for this website
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    If I lie in bed for a while without falling asleep, or if I briefly get out of bed for any reason, or if I wake up in the middle of the night--I have to go to the bathroom. Even if I don't actually have to go. No matter how tired I am, my brain won't let me relax and go to sleep until I've gone to the bathroom. Just one contributor to my insomnia.

One of my parents does something like this as well. Wonder if it's hereditary.

^^ I do this too!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    If I lie in bed for a while without falling asleep, or if I briefly get out of bed for any reason, or if I wake up in the middle of the night--I have to go to the bathroom. Even if I don't actually have to go. No matter how tired I am, my brain won't let me relax and go to sleep until I've gone to the bathroom. Just one contributor to my insomnia.

One of my parents does something like this as well. Wonder if it's hereditary.

^^ I do this too!

Me also. Very frustrating.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I put perfume on before I go to bed. I sleep alone.
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I, too, must use the bathroom right before I go to sleep or if I wake up. Otherwise, I feel like I have to go. I wonder if our parents making us go to to bathroom to avoid accidents as children made us paranoid?
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I cannot leave one grape or strawberry (or other small fruit), or one stick of gum, cookie or cracker in a package. If there are two left, I have to eat both.If I don't want both, I won't eat any. Similarly, If I am eating some small item (say a handful of blueberries, or Cheerios, or chips) and I drop one on the floor, I will throw that one away, plus another one to keep it company in the trash.

If I am walking or running and I scuff one foot along the pavement, I have to scuff the other one to be even.

I cannot have the thermostat set to 73 degrees. 72 or 74 are fine...but 73 is not just odd, but also a prime number.

It drives me nuts if I am in an exercise class and the instructor does a different number of reps on each side. I have to make up the difference after (lest I be lopsided).
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Thanks OP for starting this topic! It's been the best all day! Good to know I am not alone in my weirdness:drinker:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    When I'm really pissed off, I sharpen my cooking knives. Instantly brings me back to a place where I can get calm and think.
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    When I'm really pissed off, I sharpen my cooking knives. Instantly brings me back to a place where I can get calm and think.

Oh, that's a good one. I usually break something glass, which is not nearly as productive. But it sure is satisfying.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I prefer sleeping with my closet doors open. So, nothing can hide in my closests.

No way! No sleepovers at your house! The must be closed!! Not just kinda shut, completely closed!!
  • mvedwards87
    mvedwards87 Posts: 19
    Options
    Right after opening a cup of yogurt, I CANNOT proceed until I have licked the lid. No exceptions.
    If I'm walking and music comes on, I purposely walk faster or slower than the music so people won't think I'm sashay-ing on the catwalk or something.
  • dbmata
    Options

Oh, that's a good one. I usually break something glass, which is not nearly as productive. But it sure is satisfying.

Well, for me cooking brings me into a good mental frame. Broken glass reminds me of cuts, like the feeling of one happening.

I can see it being satisfying though. :)
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I'm the little old lady who talks to herself in the grocery store.

MOM?? :noway:
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I sleep with the t.v. on. I need the background noise in order to drift off.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Oh... NO MIRRORS IN THE BEDROOM.

Thanks Poltergeist.