Has anyone tried Juice plus diet?

Options
124»

Replies

• 43mmmgoody21
    43mmmgoody21 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    As is always the case it is calories in vs calories out. Why anyone would want to get all of their calories from juice is beyond me? Why not just eat real food (have a calorie deficit), do a bit of strength training to maintain muscle and lose fat? Simple (losing fat is simple, though not always easy). No wonder every week there seems to be some new breakthrough in weightloss B.S-- people are always looking for the quick fix.

Calories in vs calories out-- simple as that.
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    ..... my head is killing my back is throbbing my top of my legs are aching but i dont feel hungry, anybody else had side effects and does it get better?
    im feeling fab I have lost 14 inches in 2 weeks so its working for me

So which is it? :huh:
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    " my head is killing my back is throbbing my top of my legs are aching..."

Sign me up for that "diet"!

Not!
  • 43mmmgoody21
    43mmmgoody21 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Why not try the Strawberry Diet.? I will sell it to you for 3 easy payments of $19.99. If you follow it you are guaranteed to lose weight (all while eating Nature's yummy fruit--- the strawberry).
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I was told if I drink lemon juice for a month I'll look like this...well "they"" lied

beyonce-4_zps92e0b20e.gif
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    ..... my head is killing my back is throbbing my top of my legs are aching but i dont feel hungry, anybody else had side effects and does it get better?
    im feeling fab I have lost 14 inches in 2 weeks so its working for me

So which is it? :huh:

^^ THIS x 10000
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Someone on my Facebook friends list is pushing this at the moment. She's doing the diet herself and also selling the stuff. It's basically pyramid selling, yeah? I thought people had got wise to these scams. As if the diet itself didn't scream 'dodgy', the fact that it is promoted with MLM should be enough to make anyone realise they shouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

She also keeps posting these motivational pictures and acting like she's some kind of fitness/health guru when all she's doing is wasting her money (and trying to encourage other people to do the same). Fair enough, she may be losing right now, but is she going to be buying Juice Plus forever? Don't imagine so. I've lost almost 40lbs in 5 months through a total lifestyle change, calorie deficit and hard work and it's taking a lot of effort not to (*ahem*), 'point out the error of her ways'. Not worth my while in the long run but - WOW - it's annoying me. How can people be so naive?!

^this, every word
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    Ive done a Juice Diet and i experienced the same problems. Right now your body is going through the "shock" stage, since it is so use to eating other foods. When it comes to ANY juice diet, you really need to ease into it. You cannot go from eating full meals one day then juice the next.
    The proper way to do a juice diet is to lower your calorie intake by eating :
    Day 1 =2000 calories
    Day 2=1800 calories
    Day 3=1600 calories
    Day 4=1400 Calories (stop here if you're a guy..Continue if you're a woman)
    Day 5=1200 calories (now woman can stop)
    Once this lower calorie week is completed then you begin the juice diet(: && you wont feel bad...

strong STRONG first post here. Yes you are experiencing the "shock" stage; stage 2 is the "lose muscle stage" stage 3 is "my wallet is empty, credit cards are maxed out" stage 4 "family has 4th of July get together...and they do not invite you" stage 5 "you realize MLM is really BS" stage 6 you come back to MFP and change your username to IIFYM4ME and are loved as a great member of MFP and lose weight and achieve deep inner peace.

^all the above. This crap is way expensive for some fruit and veggie pills and shakes. Another case of the 'magic pill and I will lose weight'.