What If You found out

Options
1235»

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Only served 35 years? How long do you think "life" is as a sentence?

well avg life expectancy is between 85-90 yrs. that is why most life sentences are 99-100 yrs. I do feel for the families of the victims. they protested his release and lost. with no court documentation what are you going to do ?

Sounds like he got out on parole... not a technicality...
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Well considering I work in a cemetery I would be pretty damn nervous! Who knows what hole my remains would end up in!

In all seriousness though, each and every one of us is capable of doing horrible things. Most of us have enough self control to not follow through. I am leery of everyone, but that doesn't mean that I won't take the chance to get to know people (no matter how scary!) I am more concerned about the men and women in power suits than I am for the person who stereo-typically "looks" bad.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    that your co-worker was a convicted felon/murder and was released only because the courts LOST all of the records pertaining to the case. They have served half of the time they were sentenced to and still have anger issues. Would you be nervous around them? Would you be armed (lawfully) around them?

your thoughts- GO

23 years working in the Court/Criminal Justice System, I've never heard of this happening, EVER. I can't see how it could happen.

Agreed. He was already convicted and serving time. He WOULD NOT be released just because the case records got lost. Makes no sense.