Let's talk cottage cheese

Options
tell me what I need to do to it to make me like it. What are your favourite add-ins? Or how do you eat it?

I want to like it. I really do. Easy, healthy, portable, don't need to cook. Help me help myself.

Replies

• Swilla_Swole
    Swilla_Swole Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Peaches....mmmmm, peaches.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I hated cottage cheese until I tried the full fat variety. YES PLEASE. SO much better. You can make it sweet with fruits, or even chocolate chips (haven't tried that one yet) or go savory with various herbs and spices. I just eat the full fat kind plain.
  • millej30
    millej30 Posts: 17
    Options
    PEACHES! Yes!! But I love any fruit - strawberries or blueberries, pineapple. You could also try a dash of salt and freshly cracked pepper. Try small curd (or large) if it was a texture issue.
  • Swilla_Swole
    Swilla_Swole Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Plus Mrs. Dash seasoning go well on cottage cheese
  • Onederchic
    Onederchic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I add vanilla protein powder and fruit
  • AKNMHunt
    AKNMHunt Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon or nutmeg
  • C_C_M
    C_C_M Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like it with fruit (peaches, grapes, strawberries) or jam :)
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll add some jelly or jam or honey to it to sweeten it up if I don't have fruit handy. I also enjoy it with salt and pepper.
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I haven't found a way to like it...some people just don't like it.
  • themeaningofthemorning
    themeaningofthemorning Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    well, personally i love it as is.
    but!!!!!!!!!! putting it in smoothies with fruit makes it taste like you're drinking liquid cheesecake
  • callmestephanie
    callmestephanie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    O.O I never thought to put anything in it! Glad I opened this thread, just bought some 1% and not really in love with it... gotta "spice" it up.
  • BuildaBetterBody4
    Options
    That's my next addition to my. Diet. I'll add strawberries and raw sugar just like I do with my yogurt.
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    To me every brand tastes different and so I only purchase one or two kinds now. So it may be just the brand or two you tried. And be warned, the low sodium kind is awful, imo. I can't find it now but when I bought it I mixed it 50/50 with a regular one so it was healthier.

I add fruit or cinnamon or just eat it plain

If you want a treat mix 1 container cottage cheese, 1 dry package of jello (if using regular jello only use about 1/3 of the package), fruit like mandarin oranges, pineapple, fresh strawberries, etc. (use firmer or canned fruits as more delicate ones like raspberries can fall apart) and a tub, of half, cool whip.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Why force yourself? There's other foods out there.
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    1%. With salt.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Love it. Used to binge on it. Therefor, don't eat it anymore lol.
  • JellyBelly1978
    JellyBelly1978 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tuna! I mix it with tuna and it's delicious :D
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Some people mix pineapple into it. Say its amazing. I think that's blasphemy...almost as bad as putting pineapple on pizza.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to find a low-sodium, non-fat version but can't seem to. I don't think it exists. The low-sodium version some stores carry are too high calorie for me. The fat-free versions have a ton of salt. Urgh.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    2%, large curds, TONS of black pepper! I also mix it in when I scramble eggs.