Starting C25K abyone want to join me

Options

Replies

• mlervold
    Options
    I don't know anything about the C25K program but I will support you. I have decided to start running again, even just a little bit. It's been over a year since my knee surgery and 4 months since my baby was born, I am out of excuses. I know myself and struggle sticking to a regimen. So I will start by just jogging a bit (maybe 5 or 10 min) in the evenings and simply work on extending that time little by little. One thing the army taught me is I know my limits and I know when I can push them. But gawd do I hate running. Maybe with my knee fixed it won't be so bad. Good luck, let me know how you do and I'll let you know how I do. :)
  • mlervold
    Options
    You may have shin splints which is an inflammation of the fascia between the muscles. Some people will tell you to run through them DON"T do that, it can lead to stress fractures. There are specific stretches you can do to help keep them from worsening. Otherwise ice and rest. If you are running on concrete try finding a softer surface to run on, grass, a track, something.
  • liquey1970
    Options
    me and my bestie started yesterday! 5k here we come! w1d1 down 9 weeks to go!
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    W4D2 DONE! 32 mi, 2.24 miles!! Mile 1: 14:04; Mile 2: 13:39!!!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I have fallen behind between the bad weather and my knee pain, but if the rain stays away for the rest of the day I will get out tonight before it rains
  • smadag1
    Options
    W2D1 done I finally got off my butt and got it done. I need to find another running path because we have too many free roaming dogs on my road and I have been scared ever since I got bit 6 months ago. So I guess I am going back to running the high school track
  • theresnoeggs
    Options
    dogs scare the crap out of me. I would never be able to run where you are!
  • smadag1
    Options
    I was terrified the whole time, I counted the dogs I see on my run and there can be up to 10 dogs roaming around when I run so I am going back to the track to run. I am not as motivated to get in the car and drive just so I can run but I will do what I have to do
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    I am heading out to do W2D2 in the cold and VERY windy weather. I am not too excited, but I am two days late on doing this. Wish me luck!
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    I completed W2D2 today. I am surprising myself with how well my body is handling running. It is getting easier, though it is not easy by any means. The first three 90 sec runs were okay. On the fourth 90 sec run, I hit the big hill in the track which kicked my booty. I live in the TX hillcountry, so nothing is level here. I did knock 7 seconds off my previous time which is cool. I did my first two miles in 25:47. I just wanted to let bigger girls know that this program is possible. I still weigh around 260 lbs, so I was not sure if I would be able to do this, but I can! And it feels great!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Done with W2D2 and I froze my butt off,the guy mowing the grass for tonights football game must have thought I was crazy.
    I can tell a diffrence in my cloths even tho I haven't weighed myself, the pant I am wearing right now during TOM normally wouldn't fit me this week.

Hope yall have a fun and warm weekend
  • theresnoeggs
    Options
    Today is W4D3 and I've been avoiding it all day. I need so motivation..
  • theresnoeggs
    Options
    W4D3=Total Fail. :( Distance was the same as the 1st week and could only jog for 3 minutes straight-once. :(
  • smadag1
    Options
    How areyall doing, I woke up with a major migrain today so I am not sure if I am going to do anything today tonight is suppose to be another Zumba class but they are just doing a meet and greet to get to know each other tonight so I am not sure if I want ot go or not

My goals for this week are to get atleast 4 workouts in by Friday and increase my water along with the obviuos of finding a job
  • theresnoeggs
    Options
    I did it! W4D3 is in the bag! Bring on W5!! If I can do 3 minutes and 5 minute runs, 8 minutes will be cake! 16 minutes total in W4, 20 minutes in W5 will get done!!

smadag: I had a MAJOR migraine all day today, tonight's run finally got rid of it, the first few minutes of the 5 min warmup were tough but once my heart rate raised, it went away. ;)
  • smadag1
    Options
    I am going to donate plasma today then I will probably get my run in, I don't want to fall behind by missing another day so I am going to push myself because I can feel the change in the way my pants are fitting
  • smadag1
    Options
    W3D1 done today, I felt wierd running the track while the firefighters were there doing their workout but I did it and kinda enjoyed it

Hope yall are having a great week let me know how yall are doing, I am going to take a nap now donating plasma always wears me out
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    today is my "rest" day but last night i ran Week 8 Day 2 :bigsmile:
  • theresnoeggs
    Options
    W5D1 DONE!! :D I went really slow to pace myself, but reached just over 2 miles in 32 minutes!
  • smadag1
    Options
    W3D2 done I might do this week again just to get a little better at it.
    My knees and ankle are giving me trouble again so I guess it is back to my braces to try to keep them from getting worse