Need an Insanity Partner

Options

Replies

• kwyze
    kwyze Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Asylum is kicking my butt LoL. But I'm persevering through it - I really enjoyed the strength workout and back to core.
    I was wondering why the first of only 2 rest days was so soon in the program - I am now convinced it is so you don't cry after doing vertical plyo the first time... 1 week down 3 more to go!
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just crawled out of the shower after doing Plyometric Cardio Circuit... Omg... I did take tons of breaks, I am hardly counting the last circuit as 'done' as I seriously couldn't keep up, but gosh I feel amazing right now. Had a lovely dinner and now I feel like pure bliss. Still shaking a little :D
  • GeoffTTaylor
    GeoffTTaylor Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm the same... I can't keep up towards the end of the workout and I take breaks, and I can't do tricep dips at all. But that doesn't matter, because I'm improving and I commit all my effort to the workout.

If Insanity was only for folks who are as fit as the ripped guys & girls on the DVD it wouldn't sell much.

Work. Sweat. Take breaks. Work & sweat some more. As long as you're taking breaks when you need to rather than wussing out then you're going to get benefit.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    I am still here despite getting a flu and my hay fever kicking off, I have improved a lot and can now almost go through the whole warm up without breaking. Any 1 here can go through it without stopping but had problems before like to catch your breath and a bit of pain relief. Be honest.

100% boss. When I first did it, the warm up kicked me senseless, I still think it's the hardest part of the workout, because it's 11 minutes none stop, continuously increasing in pace.
    Firs time I did it without stopping, got to the end of the rd round of high knees and thought I was Batman!
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    Asylum is kicking my butt LoL. But I'm persevering through it - I really enjoyed the strength workout and back to core.
    I was wondering why the first of only 2 rest days was so soon in the program - I am now convinced it is so you don't cry after doing vertical plyo the first time... 1 week down 3 more to go!

Vertical plyo is so tough, but it & strength are my 2 favourites.
  • MamaSchoen
    MamaSchoen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all. I just started Insanity last week. I've taken a few more rest days than the program calls for - especially over the holiday last weekend.

All in all, I LOVE Insanity!! I've been working out at the gym for the last couple of years (with minimal results) and oftentimes, I'd leave wondering if I'd done enough, worked hard enough, pushed myself enough. With Insanity, these questions NEVER cross my mind, lol! I feel like I accomplish more in 40 min of Insanity than I used to in 1.5 - 2 hours at the gym. It's like I have a personal trainer!

Those first few sessions - phew! I thought I was dying! Surprisingly, the last couple of workouts have been much easier, I'm taking less breaks, pushing myself just a tiny bit harder, digging deeper.

I'd love to get some friends that are also doing Insanity so we can all talk about how great it is! :D
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    Starting again from scratch tonight with a 20 Kg vest and resistance bands on the legs.
    Will post the fit test results tomorrow, should make for some funny reading.
  • Dondre28
    Dondre28 Posts: 53
    Options
    I am glad to hear from you guys, so I know I am not alone :laugh: . But seriously Happy to hear every still digging.
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    Fit Test Results Day 1- With 20k Vest

Switch Kicks - 126
    Power Jacks - 64
    Power Knees - 134
    Power Jumps - 47
    Globe Jumps - 10
    Suicide Jumps - 17
    Push Up Jacks - 23
    Plank Obliques - 50

That Hurt,.
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    Last night was Plyo Cardio Circuit and Cardio Power and Resistance this morning.
    Not the best idea to do one at 8pm and the other at 6pm, not enough time for recovery.
  • angelinalblyth
    angelinalblyth Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im on Day 9 done Pure Cardio this morning before work :D
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    Last night was Plyo Cardio Circuit and Cardio Power and Resistance this morning.
    Not the best idea to do one at 8pm and the other at 6am, not enough time for recovery.
  • moniduh
    moniduh Posts: 100
    Options
    I'm in week 3 and would love some insane buddies :p Feel free to add me :)
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    After getting used to Month 1, it's so nice to be sore again. Month 2 going strong so far.
  • lizziegs
    lizziegs Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    So during the recovery video the other day, I accidently did the lunge sets on the same leg. Now I can barely move my left leg. Owwwwww. Day 6 tonight.
  • bluemagic33
    bluemagic33 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I started may 18 2014 just about one and half weeks left.. It has been awesome.. Yes it is hard and I am completely drained exp after douibles day.. But I push play every day.. Before this I did T25 alpha, beta and gamma, p90x3 and 21day fix. None of them gave me results like this. I gained a lot of muscle on the others but this one I have lost pounds and inches.. I plan to repeat month two when I am done to get it in before vacation in August.. I will take t25 with me while I do vacation because I acan always find 25 minutes in my day. Feel free to add me if yor are still wanting partners for accountiblility.
  • Bellabooksa
    Bellabooksa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just started week 3. I have a long way to go to get the inch loss and weight loss I'm looking for, but I have to say that of all the other workout programs that I have done before, this one is leaving me feeling good with a sense of accomplishment at the end of each workout session. I cannot keep up and do as fast as they can in the videos, but this week so far I can do without stopping before water breaks, and my body feels different....I feel like I sit and stand straighter and always trying to keep my core tight throughout the day...I actually look forward to my workouts each day! :) Anyone can feel free to add me. Thanks
  • Dondre28
    Options
    Fit Test Results Day 1- With 20k Vest

Switch Kicks - 126
    Power Jacks - 64
    Power Knees - 134
    Power Jumps - 47
    Globe Jumps - 10
    Suicide Jumps - 17
    Push Up Jacks - 23
    Plank Obliques - 50

That Hurt,.

Big Dougie :tongue: . I am Impressed that is bad *kitten*, them globes and switch kicks. You and Wilson are steaming ahead.
  • Dondre28
    Options
    After getting used to Month 1, it's so nice to be sore again. Month 2 going strong so far.

Ban him from forum :laugh: . Bionic @ Exwilson
  • GeoffTTaylor
    GeoffTTaylor Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, getting towards the end of month 1.
    I'm more than half a stone down and have lost a couple of inches round my waist.