Need an Insanity Partner

Options

Replies

• Dondre28
    Dondre28 Posts: 53
    Options
    Today's fit test, This the end of week 2 and CHECK IT OUT!!

Switch kicks - from 43 to 54
    Power Jacks - from 33 to 48
    Power knees - from 43 to 90
    Power jumps - from 13 to 36
    Globe jumps - from 13 to 11 rotations (boo)
    Suicide jumps - from 1 to 12 (I didn't wimp out this time)
    Pushup jacks - from 17 to 22
    low plank obliques - from 13 to 35

Some of that improvement is down to being less willing to quit, but a lot of it is genuine fitness. I'm very, very tired but I'm not about to puke and I'm recovering nicely even as I type this.

INSANITY DELIVERS !!

Nice Great Job.
  • Dondre28
    Options
    So... I got LASIK surgery on Thursday and had to put my Insanity program on pause which I'm slightly bummed about but proper healing comes first. I'm trying to decide if I just want to repeat week 3 (the week I only got to do half of) or just start from the beginning again. Thoughts? It's officially been 4 days with no insanity.... and will probably be another day or two before I'm allowed to do "intense" exercise.

Good luck with your surgery and I hope you recover well. My opinion is this, you seem quite fit and light in weight continue where you left off or restart week 3.
  • Dondre28
    Options
    Hi! I just found your forum and so pleased to see so many others doing insanity :)

I am half way through week 6 and am loving it. As others have mentioned the first week KILLED my calves and I found I had to do lots of extra stretching but kept plugging away and now I just feel AWESOME when I finish a workout.

Results wise - I feel fitter and am less "flabby" than I was at the start (I have lost some inches). The scales have gone up a little bit but I don't really care if I'm seeing results elsewhere.

Nice attitude keep pushing.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm still hanging in there. I completed day 34 today. I am almost through the recovery week and a little nervous to start the second month on Wednesday
  • GeoffTTaylor
    GeoffTTaylor Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Excellent results Geoff.
    QUITE THE JUMP IN THE POWER KNEES!!

I wouldn't be surprised if I miscounted the first time.
  • Dondre28
    Options
    I'm still hanging in there. I completed day 34 today. I am almost through the recovery week and a little nervous to start the second month on Wednesday

Well Done U made it this far no turning back now. Your IN!!!
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! 2nd Fit Test Done!

Switch Kicks - 57
    Power Jacks - 41
    Power Knees - 65 ----90
    Power Jumps - 30 ----41
    Globes - 6
    Suicide Jumps - 6
    Push up Jacks - 21----28
    Plank Obliques - 35 --45
  • GeoffTTaylor
    Options
    GOOD WORK THAT MAN !!

Be pleased with yourself.
  • Dondre28
    Options
    Woohoo! 2nd Fit Test Done!

Switch Kicks - 57
    Power Jacks - 41
    Power Knees - 65 ----90
    Power Jumps - 30 ----41
    Globes - 6
    Suicide Jumps - 6
    Push up Jacks - 21----28
    Plank Obliques - 35 --45

Those Globes :smokin: . Gratz
  • RocknGirl8
    RocknGirl8 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity this weekend and boy has it been kicking my butt. Need support and motivation. My Fit Test result weren't as bad as I thought it would be and the workouts... I am getting through it. Thank you E&E because without it, I probably would have paused the dvd for like 10-20 minutes lol. Feel free to add me.
  • Kandi5568
    Kandi5568 Posts: 3
    Options
    I guess I logged on too late. I'm the fit queen. Love working out. I start insanity last week for the 3rd time. I love it....If you're interested in going again. Let me know. I don't mind restarting my program to have a workout buddy. I workout at 3:15am and at 12pm and at night when I feel like I didn't get a good lunch workout. I workout so much because I love to eat....If your still interested let me know.
  • GeoffTTaylor
    Options
    I hit a wall hard today. Could barely finish the warmup.
  • Bellabooksa
    Bellabooksa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Finally decided to try Insanity as nothing else was really giving me results I am looking for. Order should be here so I can start Monday. Looking forward to it. I'm sure I'll need to complete the program a few times to get results like I'm looking for, but I am hoping it will be worth it in the end! Good luck to all of you who are doing the program and those looking to start it. Anyone can send me a friend request as I'm looking for any positive motivation! :)
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options

Been there - some days you just have to hang in there and get through it.
  • kwyze
    kwyze Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Been there - some days you just have to hang in there and get through it.

Yep it happens to us all.... I admit this week I was feeling a bit insanity'd out so instead of the fit test I went for a run with the dog. It was a nice change and reminded me that I hate running LoL. I think it helped me bring back my "A game" on Max Interval Plyo the next day :)
  • GeoffTTaylor
    Options
    Back in the saddle. Today's scheduled workout was Cardio Recovery, so that helped me get back into the groove coz it's not as intense. It really batters the quads though.
  • JessieJaeg
    JessieJaeg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is my second round of Insanity, my first was over a year ago. I just completed week 3. When I log my exercise it says I only burn about 270 calories in 30 minutes (I take out the stretching time). It seems like I'm working SO much harder than that. I'm 5ft 6 inches and 164 lbs. When I take my heart rate by just counting it's about 170. Any advice? I should probably just buy a heart rate monitor.
  • Dondre28
    Options
    This is my second round of Insanity, my first was over a year ago. I just completed week 3. When I log my exercise it says I only burn about 270 calories in 30 minutes (I take out the stretching time). It seems like I'm working SO much harder than that. I'm 5ft 6 inches and 164 lbs. When I take my heart rate by just counting it's about 170. Any advice? I should probably just buy a heart rate monitor.

Yeah get a HRM, it really helps. Buy a good 1 though, I bought a cheap 1 and have to do a manual calculation sometimes, as the censor only picks up cals burn on immediate check.
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    So that should be around week 3 in the bag. How's everyone doing?
  • Dondre28
    Options
    Stuttered a bit I need to practice better sleep hygiene, slacked a day and a half trying to get back in normal sleeping time next time I don't care if I sleep well or not imma just do it.