Switch Kicks - 67
    Power Jacks - 35
    Power Knees - 64
    Power Jumps - 28
    Globes -6
    Suicide Jumps -13
    Push up Jacks - 18
    Low Plank Obliques - 21

This the result of my first fit test i just completed, however i admit that i have been doing insanity for nearly 3 weeks unorthodoxly. I shouldve gotten more obliques but too much sweat on the floor :grumble: :tongue:
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Switch Kicks - 67
    Power Jacks - 35
    Power Knees - 64
    Power Jumps - 28
    Globes -6
    Suicide Jumps -13
    Push up Jacks - 18
    Low Plank Obliques - 21

This the result of my first fit test i just completed, however i admit that i have been doing insanity for nearly 3 weeks unorthodoxly. I shouldve gotten more obliques but too much sweat on the floor :grumble: :tongue:

Those are VERY respectable scores. You're an animal!!
  • Dondre28
    Dondre28 Posts: 53
    Options
    Switch Kicks - 67
    Power Jacks - 35
    Power Knees - 64
    Power Jumps - 28
    Globes -6
    Suicide Jumps -13
    Push up Jacks - 18
    Low Plank Obliques - 21

Those are VERY respectable scores. You're an animal!!

Cheers Mate
    And you know what to be honest, I strongly believe its those long jogs i do that give me the endurance, so i can push that bit harder, and it shows U guys can even do way better because im like 230+ LB. Also I remember when i had to rest in the 1st warm up round i can push through that now, so that to me is a big achievement.
  • Dondre28
    Options
    I found globe jumps are the hardest to improve.
    I have a theory that because you're fitter, you jump higher and further, spend more of the minute in the air and thus have less time for actual reps.

They are hard bud when i did the 6 i tried to go for 1 more but just kept walking in a circle to catch my breath :laugh:
  • chelsfelt
    chelsfelt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I tried Insanity last summer around this time but quit after 2 weeks. I definitely remember being the most sore of my entire life after the first few days. I just started Insanity again, but this time after completing 8 weeks of T25 (5 weeks consistently and the last 3 sporadically). I have to admit that I'm still sore after plyo circuit yesterday and resistance circuit today.

I don't know about you but I love being sore... means I'm building muscles in new places and that I'm Digging Deeperrrrrr
  • JessieJaeg
    JessieJaeg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 7 of Insanity! I did it last year and lost 15 inches. I'm hoping for the same result this time :) How are you all logging your workouts? I used High Impact aerobics but I swear I burned more than 260 calories!
  • Noonis
    Noonis Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fit test done yesterday.

Bit sore this morning but I know it is nothing compared to the soreness I'll feel over the next few days!
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I started Insanity Last week because I had originally replied to the OP but was unsure if I'd be able to complete the program. Anyway, not going to be able to do the whole 60 days due to some travel plans, but I did decide to just try it out, and do at least the first 4 weeks. My start date was May 25th and I'm currently on day 11.

My result from the first fit test:

Switch Kicks - 45 if you count 1 for every two kicks, 90 if you count for each kick.
    Power Jacks - 38
    Power Knees - Left side - 60 Right side-35 (I switched legs after 60 because I didn't want to feel unbalanced later)
    Power Jumps - 20
    Globes -4
    Suicide Jumps -13 (These were the hardest for me)
    Push up Jacks - 10 (but honestly, they were pretty weak, I'm pretty sure I didn't go all the way down)
    Low Plank Obliques - 60

The first week I felt really good and really strong. This, my second week however, I am just feeling like I don't have enough power or energy for the workouts. Working through it, hoping it will go back up when I start the 3rd week. Looking forward to the second fit test. Fingers crossed.
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    So I hope I stay this sore. What a great feeling! Day 2 in the drain...52 more workouts to go!

@chelsfelt - I totally agree. Sore is a fantastic feeling.

@Jessejaeg - You can go to insanitycalories.com and calculate your calories then create a personal workout based on that.

@Noonis - Don't hold back! What were your fit test results?

@143tobe - Sorry for not getting back to you. 4 weeks is better than no weeks! Looks like a great first fit test. As for energy, are you repleting your carbs after your workout? I'm finding I've got to massively up my carbs for these workouts, especially on days when I also run in the morning.
  • 143tobe
    Options
    I do my workouts in the mornings. I was taking my dog for a walk, sometimes jog, before doing the workouts, but then I thought that I might have more energy for my workout if I did that first. Didn't seem to work. I thought I was eating enough carbs afterwards, but I'll have to go into my food diary to see what exactly I've been eating. I didn't realize it was important to fill up on carbs after a workout. How many do you think someone generally needs? I think I've been eating a piece of fruit before, and one after.
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    Dug up my stats from my first round of Insanity - first & final fitness test scores. I'd forgotten how much some of them improved during the 2 months,

Switch Kicks 54 -100

Power Jacks 40 - 62

Power Knees 88 - 130

Power Jumps 21 - 45

Globe Jumps 7 - 11

Suicide Jumps 15 - 20

Push Up Jacks 25 - 34

Plank Obliques 25 - 37

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/BigDougie1211

edited to include the link to my Insanity Blog from the first time around. Someone might take something from it.
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    [/quote]

Cheers Mate
    And you know what to be honest, I strongly believe its those long jogs i do that give me the endurance, so i can push that bit harder, and it shows U guys can even do way better because im like 230+ LB. Also I remember when i had to rest in the 1st warm up round i can push through that now, so that to me is a big achievement.
    [/quote]

Stick with it. I was around 245lb when I started the first round and it did me a world of good. We'll all get there.
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    @143tobe - You don't need to replete them immediately following. They can (and should) be consumed throughout the day to refill the glycogen tanks. Think about it, if you burn off all those carbs during a workout and you don't replete afterwards through the day, the next day when you go to do your workout, your glycogen stores will be bare. You'll have to burn fat for energy and the body is nowhere near as efficient in burning fat as it is carbs.

My nutritionist gave me a formula for figuring out how many carbs to take in for days with lengthy cardio sessions (Insanity, long distance running, etc). It's a range (trying to remember off the top of my head):

Between (Wt(kg) * 5) and (Wt(kg) * 7)

For me that's somewhere between 372 and 520 grams of carbs on days when I'm doing heavy cardio. Now, I have a real hard time getting that many carbs into my body in a day, but I certainly can feel a difference in my energy levels during a run when I haven't repleted my carbs from the day before.
  • Dondre28
    Options

Cheers Mate
    [/quote]

Stick with it. I was around 245lb when I started the first round and it did me a world of good. We'll all get there.
    [/quote]

Living Proof it can be done at this weight, now u made me believe even more, Today I tackle pure cardio, My Favorite :happy:
  • Dondre28
    Options
    Welcome to all those that just joined us on this journey of fighting 1's self and testing your limits.
  • Dondre28
    Options
    Yeh I do too! I think it's probably because I get to take more breaks! ;-) shhhh haha

Lol just say this :tongue:
  • Noonis
    Noonis Posts: 22 Member
    Options

@Noonis - Don't hold back! What were your fit test results?

Switch kicks - 53
    Power Jacks - 47
    Power Knees - 75
    Power Jumps - 22
    Globe Jumps - 7
    Suicide Jumps - 13
    Push Up Jacks - 10
    Low plank oblique - 55

I cannot for the life of me do a proper push up! And I'd love to be able to bang out 100 if asked! Frustrating! Upper body strength is terrible!

Not as sore as I thought I would be today. Calves are a little but other than that I'm able to walk properly!
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    To be fair Noonis, your Cardio and lower body stuff more than makes up for it.
    Don't be greedy.
  • GeoffTTaylor
    GeoffTTaylor Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Dougie, I just read your blog. It's a great read.

I'm only 5 days in so I can totally identify with your early blog entries, and that means I'm encouraged by your later ones. Thanks

I'm 45, 5'3 and 165lb. I hope to lose at least a pound per week during the program, so maybe 12lb over the whole cycle.
  • 143tobe
    Options
    @143tobe - You don't need to replete them immediately following. They can (and should) be consumed throughout the day to refill the glycogen tanks. Think about it, if you burn off all those carbs during a workout and you don't replete afterwards through the day, the next day when you go to do your workout, your glycogen stores will be bare. You'll have to burn fat for energy and the body is nowhere near as efficient in burning fat as it is carbs.

My nutritionist gave me a formula for figuring out how many carbs to take in for days with lengthy cardio sessions (Insanity, long distance running, etc). It's a range (trying to remember off the top of my head):

Between (Wt(kg) * 5) and (Wt(kg) * 7)

For me that's somewhere between 372 and 520 grams of carbs on days when I'm doing heavy cardio. Now, I have a real hard time getting that many carbs into my body in a day, but I certainly can feel a difference in my energy levels during a run when I haven't repleted my carbs from the day before.

Thanks for the info! I did end up eating more carbs yesterday, I ate a ton of them, but I still didn't come close to the minimum of 390 according to the calculations. I did however eat more calories than I usually do, (1728) and of that, 240g were carbs. WOW. What a difference in my workout today. I walked my dog for 30 minutes before my workout instead of doing it after, had a banana with peanut butter, then quite fearfully, started the workout. I had POWER to my power jumps. FINALLY! I also burned more calories than I normally do, I guess because my output was much higher. Of course I'm afraid to eat back so many workout calories, but I guess if I'm doing this program I kinda have to if I actually want my performance to improve. Thanks for the tip. I have my second fitness test in 3 days.