Need an Insanity Partner

Options

Replies

• 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Alright - check in everyone!

I know everyone's at a different level, timing, etc. but I figure it would be good to do a check in at the end of the week (nothing formal).

I finished week 1 today. Tough week and I'm glad I get a day of rest tomorrow, but I didn't skip any workouts and powered through each one. I had to stop a few times in each workout just to catch my breath, but I figure that's okay because even the folks in the videos had to stop now and then.

My basement, however, smells like a locker room...

How'd you all do this week?

Great job on powering through week 1!

Today was my rest day. Ahhhhhhh. I needed it. I did go for a 5.4 K run though, I had to. I've not been able to keep up my running with following the Insanity schedule and I know that if I get out of the habit of running, it's that much harder for me to pick up later. Still, it was soooo nice to have a day off of Insanity. I agree with the people that are switching it up with other programs. Although I really like insanity, I'm becoming bored with it. It's just the same moves put into different workouts. Well, month one is anyways. I'm afraid I'll be eating my words once I get to month two. Also, I don't feel like it's really a 'whole body' workout. I've been doing bicep curls every other day to hopefully compensate. Anyone else feel like the biceps are totally neglected on this program?

Have my second fitness test tomorrow. I ate more than enough calories today and plenty of carbs, but finished the evening with a beer and a shot of tequila. I don't usually drink so I hope the alcohol doesn't affect my performance. Has anyone heard anything about drinking the night before a workout? My legs feel all wobbly right now. I hope that doesn't carry into tomorrow morning! haha

Ahh, and I also have been taking breaks here and there. Even paused it a few times to take an extra 30 seconds. They do say that you need to recover before you hit the next set right? I figured they wouldn't be telling us that if it wasn't so. :wink:
  • Dondre28
    Dondre28 Posts: 53
    Options
    Alright - check in everyone!

I know everyone's at a different level, timing, etc. but I figure it would be good to do a check in at the end of the week (nothing formal).

I finished week 1 today. Tough week and I'm glad I get a day of rest tomorrow, but I didn't skip any workouts and powered through each one. I had to stop a few times in each workout just to catch my breath, but I figure that's okay because even the folks in the videos had to stop now and then.

My basement, however, smells like a locker room...

How'd you all do this week?

Great job on powering through week 1!

Today was my rest day. Ahhhhhhh. I needed it. I did go for a 5.4 K run though, I had to. I've not been able to keep up my running with following the Insanity schedule and I know that if I get out of the habit of running, it's that much harder for me to pick up later. Still, it was soooo nice to have a day off of Insanity. I agree with the people that are switching it up with other programs. Although I really like insanity, I'm becoming bored with it. It's just the same moves put into different workouts. Well, month one is anyways. I'm afraid I'll be eating my words once I get to month two. Also, I don't feel like it's really a 'whole body' workout. I've been doing bicep curls every other day to hopefully compensate. Anyone else feel like the biceps are totally neglected on this program?

Have my second fitness test tomorrow. I ate more than enough calories today and plenty of carbs, but finished the evening with a beer and a shot of tequila. I don't usually drink so I hope the alcohol doesn't affect my performance. Has anyone heard anything about drinking the night before a workout? My legs feel all wobbly right now. I hope that doesn't carry into tomorrow morning! haha

Ahh, and I also have been taking breaks here and there. Even paused it a few times to take an extra 30 seconds. They do say that you need to recover before you hit the next set right? I figured they wouldn't be telling us that if it wasn't so. :wink:

Yeah I dont stick with insanity strictly, but i do the major work outs weekly at least 3 times a week i skip the cardio recovery and fit test but did 1 recently for accountability. As for Biceps i did some today, along with back workout, and elliptical. I want to make the insanity a permanent routine (Month 1 at least) as a life style.
  • mlizzi88
    mlizzi88 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my rest day and then I have officially finished two weeks of Insanity. It's been going great, I feel motivated though I suppose the big test will be on Monday. I'm a little scared actually. It's the fit test, measurements, weight and pictures. I FEEL like I've made progress but having the official numbers is a little daunting.
  • joansjourney
    joansjourney Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm doing P90x3 but man do I miss Power Jumps (I've been known tojust randomly do them from time to time) I think I may incorporate Plyo Circuit or Power and Resistance once or twice a week because I miss the crazy cardio.
  • chelsfelt
    chelsfelt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Finished week 1 today. I took yesterday off due to some sharp calf pain, and the rest day fixed my legs right up. I added some extra calf stretches to the workout stretches and I'm hoping it helps. Doing my second run of plyo circuit today felt so much better than day 1, after only a week. I powered my *kitten* through it and felt great afterwards instead of drained.

Joan, if you by chance have T25, a great cardio workout to add in after P90x3 is Speed 2.0. I freaking loved that workout, 25 minutes of pure speedy moderate impact cardio. It's actually really fun.

Tomorrow is my official rest day and I'm going to weigh myself. I haven't stepped on the scale for a few weeks so I'm hoping to see some results.

Keep it up everyone! Glad to see everyone is still working hard :)
  • GeoffTTaylor
    GeoffTTaylor Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm using "Calisthenics - vigorous effort" to record my insanity workouts on MFP. It gives me 350 calories for 30 minutes. I think that's about right.

How much you weigh?

I weight 165lb - 75KG. Ideally I should weight 15-20lb less.

Someone mentioned the insanitycalories.com. That give me way over 500 calories for each workout. I don't really believe that.
  • GeoffTTaylor
    Options
    I feel a lot better at the end of week one than I did at the beginning of it! I've just done the first session of week 2 and so I've repeated a couple of the workouts now - I can definitely see an improvement. I'm still a sweaty mess gasping on the floor at the end but I'm taking way fewer breaks and feeling good afterwards. I had bad DOMS in the first few days but they've pretty much cleared up.

I had a bit of a twinge in my calf but I worked through it and it's fine - no other injuries at this time. I'm 45 so I keep a close eye on potential injuries coz it takes me longer to recover than some of the young 'uns.
  • Noonis
    Noonis Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Had to take my rest day yesterday. My youngest's birthday so people were coming and going all day and I didn't get much chance to myself. So will do the plyo today and continue tomorrow with Cardio Resistance.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    I'm using "Calisthenics - vigorous effort" to record my insanity workouts on MFP. It gives me 350 calories for 30 minutes. I think that's about right.

How much you weigh?

I weight 165lb - 75KG. Ideally I should weight 15-20lb less.

Someone mentioned the insanitycalories.com. That give me way over 500 calories for each workout. I don't really believe that.

When I was over 240lbs I was burning up to 900 cals per workout. That was using a heart rate monitor. Seemed ridiculous so I tried a few other exercises and the reads were coming in OK.
    I think if your hitting constant power jumps for 30 secs etc and working right up to you limit,you can def burn that amount.
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    I tried T 25 but I wasn't keen on it.
    I just didn't feel like I was getting a decent work out in. Nothing I ca put my finger on, it just didn't do it fo me.
    I know people who loved it though - so fingers crossed you're one of them.
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    I feel a lot better at the end of week one than I did at the beginning of it! I've just done the first session of week 2 and so I've repeated a couple of the workouts now - I can definitely see an improvement. I'm still a sweaty mess gasping on the floor at the end but I'm taking way fewer breaks and feeling good afterwards. I had bad DOMS in the first few days but they've pretty much cleared up.

I had a bit of a twinge in my calf but I worked through it and it's fine - no other injuries at this time. I'm 45 so I keep a close eye on potential injuries coz it takes me longer to recover than some of the young 'uns.

It's amazing the difference a wee makes though, isn't it? Watch the improvement in your fit test from 1st to 2nd. You'll be genuinely surprised.

You doing the recovery video too?
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    Tomorrow is my rest day and then I have officially finished two weeks of Insanity. It's been going great, I feel motivated though I suppose the big test will be on Monday. I'm a little scared actually. It's the fit test, measurements, weight and pictures. I FEEL like I've made progress but having the official numbers is a little daunting.

You definitely have.
    Don't be disheartened if the measurements haven't moved much. As long as the fit test numbers are increasing the rest will catch up. It migth happen all of a sudden, one day you'll ust wake up and something that was too small fits.
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    Just realised I'm kinda monopolising the forum - sorry folks.
  • GeoffTTaylor
    Options
    It's amazing the difference a wee makes though, isn't it? Watch the improvement in your fit test from 1st to 2nd. You'll be genuinely surprised.

You doing the recovery video too?

I presume you mean "a week", but never discount the benefits of a good wee! :)

There's a "Cardio Recovery" workout in the schedule - is that the one you mean? I'm not doing anything outside the basic schedule.
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    @143tobe - Yeah rest day was nice. Although I did the same thing you did and went out for a run (5m). Silly us, right?

@Dondre28 - All good if you're doing things a little unorthodox. As long as you're doing it!

@StDenis89 - welcome to the group!

@mlizzi - good luck with your fit test. Let us know how it goes.

@GeoffTTaylor - My fiancee is 44. Trust me, you're still a yung'un... :drinker:
  • Dondre28
    Options
    @143tobe - Yeah rest day was nice. Although I did the same thing you did and went out for a run (5m). Silly us, right?

@Dondre28 - All good if you're doing things a little unorthodox. As long as you're doing it!

@StDenis89 - welcome to the group!

@mlizzi - good luck with your fit test. Let us know how it goes.

@GeoffTTaylor - My fiancee is 44. Trust me, you're still a yung'un... :drinker:

Thanks. ( Vikings Theme) This will never end cause I want moreeee, more, give me more, give me moreeee!!!!
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I completed Pure Cardio/abs Day 26 today:) Almost done with the first month!
  • GeoffTTaylor
    Options
    I missed yesterday because my gout flared up.
    Today I did "pure cardio". I hate that one... it's a killer.
  • Dondre28
    Options
    I missed yesterday because my gout flared up.
    Today I did "pure cardio". I hate that one... it's a killer.

Its my fav i think power resistance is hardest. because of the calve strain.
  • Dondre28
    Options
    Just did pure cardio well crawled through it. My energy lvl was low, maybe that run i did earlier. :explode: