Need an Insanity Partner

Options

Replies

• SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Insanity is what got me from 175 to 120 in 4 months. Like others have said, go your own pace...there is no workout like it. You think you have endurance from running but this literally blows up your lungs...You'll be able to run forever after completing this. Once my doc gives me the green light to train again, this will be added back in to my workouts. Never had obliques until I turned 50, thanks to Shaun T. Great vids. I've been using them off and on since 2010.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I got back from the gym so now i rest a bit then its Plyometric circuit :sad: , lvl 1 drills down, ski abs, IN !!!!!!!, OUT!!!!, IN!!!! :sad: .
    Come up come up into jabs :smokin: its done, 40 mins of pain and then pleasure :flowerforyou:

plyometric is just mean!! in.. out... in... *collapse in pool of sweat*

I agree, that plyometrics (2nd month version) is the hardest one. I've completed all other vids exercises to a T. This one, not so much. It's still a goal, though.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done the Asylum.
    Vertical Plyo - absolute Hell, but awesome.
    There's one called Game Day as well which is just ridiculous.
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    I got back from the gym so now i rest a bit then its Plyometric circuit :sad: , lvl 1 drills down, ski abs, IN !!!!!!!, OUT!!!!, IN!!!! :sad: .
    Come up come up into jabs :smokin: its done, 40 mins of pain and then pleasure :flowerforyou:

It's like a drug - there's a genuinely addictive component,.
  • Dondre28
    Dondre28 Posts: 53
    Options
    A drug not for me, not yet, damn bud u really love it dont u. Im sure i will in time too keep posting guys. Keep Breathing keep sweating. :happy:
  • GeoffTTaylor
    GeoffTTaylor Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started month 1 yesterday (Sunday) with the fit test and did the first workout this morning. I'm up for being a partner to someone.
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hey Matt - That's awesome you're starting round 2. There's another fit test at the beginning right? Let me know how it goes. I got your friend request so if you want to move to a PM, let me know.

Everybody - I'll post my fit test results (coming this afternoon) here. If you want to play along (certainly got more responses than I thought I would) I can start a group. Let me know.
  • Dondre28
    Options
    Something to lighten the mood after insanity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dna2oW8TWhE
  • exwilson
    Options
    So I'm not really sure how it compares, but here's how I did for the first fit test.

Switch Kicks - 57
    Power Jacks - 41
    Power Knees - 65
    Power Jumps - 30
    Globes - 6
    Suicide Jumps - 6
    Push up Jacks - 21
    Low Plank Obliques - 35

What was your first fit test like?
  • theoden524
    theoden524 Posts: 26
    Options
    Here's mine from today (Month 2, Day 1), immediately followed by the Max Interval Circuit.

Most recent are on the right, did much better than I expected!

Switch Kicks 56 - 50 - 58
    Power Jacks 30 - 52 - 64
    Power Knees 55 - 75 - 90
    Power Jumps 32 - 25 - 30
    Globe Jumps 7 - 9 - 9
    Suicide Jumps 8 - 10 - 12
    Push-Up Jacks 8 - 19 - 30
    Low Plank Oblique 21 - 50 - 50

- Matt
  • iamMLH
    iamMLH Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just started doing Insanity last week. I'm doing Insanity schedule with P90X3 Mass. I'm definitely up for some accountability if you're looking for the same.
  • GeoffTTaylor
    GeoffTTaylor Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My first fit-test...
    Switch Kicks - 43
    Power Jacks - 33
    Power Knees - 43
    Power Jumps - 13
    Globes - 13
    Suicide Jumps - 1
    Push up Jacks - 17
    Low Plank Obliques - 13

I just had to rest during the suicide jumps section, and overall this test made me puke.
    On day 3 of my first go-round and it's OK so far - quite a lot of muscle soreness but no joint pain so it's good.
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    I found globe jumps are the hardest to improve.
    I have a theory that because you're fitter, you jump higher and further, spend more of the minute in the air and thus have less time for actual reps.
  • Dondre28
    Options
    I have not done a fit test yet, i rotate between plyo circuit, power resistance, and pure cardio, in between those i go for long jogs and walks 10-12 miles, and I also do lifting, Today was my pure cardio day but i may change to fit test and post results. Also you guys have awesome Results when i compare it to Chris and Tanya's WELL DONE!!!!
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I couldnt walk for the first 4 days, but someone on facebook suggested I buy some Magnesium Oil.. It has worked wonders :) Im now on Week 3 of Month 1.

I have bought some magnesium oil spray to absorb directly in to the problem areas (Calfs mainly) and Magnesium Flakes from Holland and Barrett to add to the bath and soak in.

Dont let the initial pain put you off, once your body gets used to it, it is a great workout and Im already feeling toning where I have never toned before.

Good Luck

xxx
    :drinker:
  • exwilson
    Options
    MLM - Got your FR. For sure if you're looking for accountability.

How was your fit test? And how are you feeling after week 1?
  • Erica0399
    Erica0399 Posts: 1
    Options
    Ahhh, yesterday started doing Insanity for the first time. You know, I'm not a beginner in fitness, working out and all that stuff. When I was reading about how terrible, hard, insane, crazy Insanity is, I had no idea. I just finished Plyometric cardio circuit and I have no idea how hard will be next exercises, but I've to say - Plyo circuit is hard as hell. I couldn't get in pace. And I'm sore, like, EVERYWHERE! But I'm sooooo excited to continue. So everyone who's doing it- good luck and DIG DEEPER :D
  • katexlouisex
    Options
    Just started the insanity workout im on day 2.Really determined to do the full 60 days this time.good luck everyone :)
  • lratchf2
    lratchf2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im starting today!
  • Dondre28
    Options
    I took some before pics to show results how did I allow myself to get this bad :noway: WTF. :smokin: Good thing i started fighting
    again wow the longer u leave it the worst you get. PLZ PLZ GUYS KEEP FIGHTING!!! Don't go back to square 1, and what i mean by this not just insanity but make it a habit, do something even if its not insanity.