The perfect woman

Options

Replies

• koosorlose
    koosorlose Posts: 186
    Options
    I want to make it clear that I am not on some feminist crusade here. I do respect and admire men who are capable leaders, and I have never personally felt like being female doesn't work to my advantage more often than not. I am not threatened by men. I don't want or need men to apologize for being male. And I don't think it's true at all that women have always been seen and not heard. There are plenty of examples of women in the Bible and throughout history who were celebrated for doing a great deal more than just being someone's arm candy. I also think any man worth his salt will freely admit that having a good woman in his life makes him a better man.

That being said, I don't like the implication that the ideal woman is one who keeps her mouth shut and strives only to satisfy her husband's every wish and whim. If you can't handle a woman who has things in her life that aren't entirely about you, you don't sound like much of a man to me.

I wasn't trying to implicate that women, as a whole, have never accomplished anything worthwhile except being arm candy. I thought that was a given due to my response that was encouraging and supportive in nature. I was simply saying that, majorly, throughout history, women have been discredited and/or ignored for the things that they HAVE accomplished due to the simple fact that they are female. Keyword: majorly.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    No thanks @ that.

I enjoy being dominant but I want a woman who is strong... who can lead others... someone who challenges me... pushes back... I don't want a wilting willow. I don't want someone whose meaning is to push my narrative... i want someone who has her own story to tell... her own life worth living made better by my presence but still amazing even without me

:drinker: I think this goes both ways. This is pretty close to the way my husband and I feel about our relationship.
  • embrace_the_darkside
    Options
    I wish this could be a legit conversation and not just another "make me a sammich" joke. This topic has potential.

I am on board with the sex part. I like dominant men. The problem I have with the quote is that it seems to suggest a woman's life, work, and goals should be subordinate to a man's. I would do anything I could to make life easier, happier, better for the man I love. But I will damn well demand that he do the same for me. If you want a woman with no ambitions of her own, well, there are plenty of those out there. But calling her "perfect" because she doesn't want things you can't give her, things that she will actually have to work for and give herself? Get serious.

could you do me a favor and not paraphrase my quote

typical woman

/s
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    wait wait wait... someone mentioned "Adult Chat."

tumblr_lfmpar9EUd1qdzjnp.gif

it's a snooze :yawn:
    Giff and I couldn't keep it afloat and he bailed. :sad:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I wish this could be a legit conversation and not just another "make me a sammich" joke. This topic has potential.

I am on board with the sex part. I like dominant men. The problem I have with the quote is that it seems to suggest a woman's life, work, and goals should be subordinate to a man's. I would do anything I could to make life easier, happier, better for the man I love. But I will damn well demand that he do the same for me. If you want a woman with no ambitions of her own, well, there are plenty of those out there. But calling her "perfect" because she doesn't want things you can't give her, things that she will actually have to work for and give herself? Get serious.

typical woman

/s

You know... I don't know whether to laugh or rage or tip my hat to you for the blatant irony of this post.

I'm so confused. :frown:
  • embrace_the_darkside
    Options

typical woman

/s

You know... I don't know whether to laugh or rage or tip my hat to you for the blatant irony of this post.

hah... I apologize for the confusion

"/s" = "sarcasm"
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

typical woman

/s

hah... I apologize for the confusion

"/s" = "sarcasm"

LOL! No... that was the only part that made sense. :laugh:
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

typical woman

/s

I think she was talking to me.

And for the record, I'm going to quit jacking around and be somewhat serious. I do like the quote I put in my OP. However, I do not have ANY desire to have a woman be completely subservient to me. I have a strong personality and need a woman who is equally strong. A weak-willed woman who is a wallflower and does everything for her man without expecting the same in return would not be a good match for me. I like women with opinions and backbones and even a little bit of stubbornness. Strength - physical and emotional - is sexy and attractive and women who can display that strength are very much the kind of woman I want my own daughter to grow up to be.

So, for those of you who took offense at my OP, please know that I was half-kidding around, although I do feel that a woman who identifies with it doesn't necessarily mean she wants to be completely submissive.

Again, the quote is "I do not want to be the leader. I refuse to be the leader. I want to live darkly and richly in my femaleness. I want a man lying over me, always over me. His will, his pleasure, his desire, his life, his work, his sexuality, the touchstone, the command, my pivot. I don’t mind working, holding my ground intellectually, artistically; but as a woman, oh, God, as a woman I want to be dominated. I don’t mind being told to stand on my own feet, not to cling, be all that I am capable of doing, but I am going to be pursued, possessed by the will of a male at his time, his bidding.”

The parts I put in bold - in my opinion - speak to a woman who wants to be independent but also wants to be treated as a "traditional" woman in that she wishes to be pursued as much as she wants to be led.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Yep... the perfect woman would say this right before she ditched you for whatever man tickled her fantasy at the moment. She might also go off and marry someone else whilst still married to you. At least, that's what the 'perfect woman' who wrote these words did the the men in her life. :laugh:
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Yep... the perfect woman would say this right before she ditched you for whatever man tickled her fantasy at the moment. She might also go off and marry someone else whilst still married to you. At least, that's what the 'perfect woman' who wrote these words did the the men in her life. :laugh:

She also had an incestuous relationship with her biological father for years.
  • emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    no such thing.....
  • embrace_the_darkside
    Options
    The parts I put in bold - in my opinion - speak to a woman who wants to be independent but also wants to be treated as a "traditional" woman in that she wishes to be pursued as much as she wants to be led.

That is entirely different from what the quote says... starting with the first sentence.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Well, then.

Let me let you in on a bit of psychology.

It's the ones who are in charge, with all the power, all the control, all the responsibility, that long for the fantasy experiment of being powerless.

They long for it because it would never happen in their real life!

Men and women!

The most powerful and successful humans in the world long and desire to be carried away helplessly and beaten.

It's the ones who lack control and power in their lives that aim to dominate. It is their fantasy because it does not exist in their lives!

True story.
  • Myfitfutureself
    Myfitfutureself Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My man actually prefers it when I'm on top! :tongue:

He is lazy!...... That is all.........
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

That is entirely different from what the quote says... starting with the first sentence.

Read the parts I put in bold. That's what I was referring to. Also the part that says "I am going to be pursued." But again, that's just my opinion. And I sucked at symbolism and interpretation in high school English class.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    This is so wrong. But then I live with five women and I know my place.
    lolololll
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    AKA "OHHHH BOYS! Pay attention to meeeee!" :huh:
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Honestly OP, I do not have ANY desire to have a man be completely subservient to me. I have a strong personality and need a man who is equally strong. A weak-willed man who is a wallflower and does everything for his girl without expecting the same in return would not be a good match for me. I like men with opinions and backbones and even a little bit of stubbornness. Strength - physical and emotional - is sexy and attractive and men who can display that strength are very much the kind of man I want my own son to grow up to be.

So I guess I can get on board with this.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    She would say this:

“I do not want to be the leader. I refuse to be the leader. I want to live darkly and richly in my femaleness. I want a man lying over me, always over me. His will, his pleasure, his desire, his life, his work, his sexuality, the touchstone, the command, my pivot. I don’t mind working, holding my ground intellectually, artistically; but as a woman, oh, God, as a woman I want to be dominated. I don’t mind being told to stand on my own feet, not to cling, be all that I am capable of doing, but I am going to be pursued, possessed by the will of a male at his time, his bidding.”

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart:
    All I see is a big fishing rod loaded up with bait.