• arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Fudgesicles. Always fudgesicles.

^^ This!
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes, cucumber, zucchini, broccoli, carrots. Apricots, watermelon, strawberries.
    Fruits and vegetables in general.
  • lysslax
    lysslax Posts: 64
    Options
    ummmm bacon.

Applegate Farms Organic Sunday bacon is only 60 calories for 2 pan fried slices. Hello 4 slices of bacon with my breakfast!

Also air-popped popcorn. About 180 calories for 6 cups is wonderful - especially when seasoned with a little herbs and parmesan if I'm feeling saucy (obv ups the cals, but so worth it!!)

Everyone saying fruits and vegetables......I think it's generally understood that those are low cals, but bacon and popcorn are surprising to me!
  • swinnie239
    swinnie239 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Salsa. Most condiments tend to be a good deal higher in calories and I thought it would be higher. I love it on eggs or a bit in half an avocado, adding it to wraps or salad. My fave has a bit more on sodium than I'd like. But in general, I love salsa.
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Melon. You get like 2 cups for 50 cal.
  • anallydiaz
    anallydiaz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I always crave something sweet during work. Sugar free Jello vanilla/chocolate swirl is only 60 cals. The sugar free Jello are 10 cals.
  • RelentlessChef
    Options
    Even though I cook every day here are the ones that caught me off guard:
    Sea Scallops - 4 oz. (About six large scallops) = approx. 130 Cal
    Fresh Strawberries - 1 medium = 4 Cal
    Cauliflower - Calories per cup, chopped: 27
  • jldubyah
    jldubyah Posts: 11
    Options
    Willy Wonka Gobstoppers in the movie theater box. You can eat 9 of them for only 60 calories. Because they are hard candy, each one lasts forever and cures my sweet craving.

And bacon. Bacon.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Edy's slow churned ice cream. It's ridiculously delicious and only 110 calories per 1/2 cup. I can usually fit 2-3 servings in at least 5 times a week. Caramel Delight is my favorite flavor at the moment.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Salmon and sea bass. I knew about the salmon but not the sea bass.

Salmon? No way. I don't think you realize how tiny a 3oz serving is... and that's 180 calories.

Cod is very low calories though. Love it.

6 oz of raw salmon = 197 calories... If you just straight up grill it, you're basically looking at that as your net calorie intake from the meal. That is pretty damn lean.

Ok it depends if it's wild or farmed. Farmed is like 260 calories for 6z... I don't personally find this low cal. *shrug*

Oh I second the Applegate beef hotdogs! 70 calories. I still think they must have mislabeled them...
  • Pmsylvester
    Pmsylvester Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Saving. Great ideas!