How many days a week do you workout?

Options
I am doing 5. I hope I don't burn myself out being that I'm beginning back to a workout routine.

Replies

• jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I was doing 5 or 6 but I made myself cut back because I thought I would find that hard to keep up long term, and if I missed a day would feel like a failure. I have a funny work roster so on a busy week I usually get 3-4 sessions in. On a quiet week I make sure to get get 4.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    3-4
  • poohbah4
    poohbah4 Posts: 127
    Options
    Usually 5, alternating cardio and strength.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I do 5 days.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    My coach just has me doing three days a week. Keeps me from getting burnt out.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Usually 6, but one is usually an easy workout. I got into such a habit that if I don't have other plans, its hard for me not to go to the gym right after work.
  • Hunnergomeow
    Hunnergomeow Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I try to do 5 days a week (before work every day) but sometimes have to cut it to 4
  • jesskawelmacher
    jesskawelmacher Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 3 nights a week, but I try and do 30 minutes of yoga every morning. I would like to go to the gym more, but right now my schedule doesn't allow it.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    i do heavy lifting 3 days a week, running 3 days a week. One of the three cardio days, I run six or more miles, four to five miles the other two days.
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    4 weight training sessions a week, and 4 cardio sessions a week... I do cardio 3 times a week after lifting, and 1 another cardio session on its own.
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I just restarted after a relatively long break from mfp. I'm aiming for 6 days/week, but I honestly am trying not to over-stress myself over missing a workout. I took it way too seriously last time and I abandoned my routine completely as a result. This time, I just want at least 4 but hopefully 5-6 days of 50-60 mins of cardio.

Eventually I should start working in some strength training, but I honestly don't know where to start and I feel awkward as **** in my gym so I don't approach the weights for fear of doing something stupid.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Three days lifting. 1 run. 1 walk and frisbee with my daughter.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    5 1/2 if you count my instruction as exercise too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    At least 5-6 days a week.

My goal was for it to become a habit, something I didn't have to think about, I just did it.
    And after doing it for over a month, it has. I don't consider whether I'm going to workout anymore, I just do it.
    I only miss a day if I am just swamped or oversleep or something comes up last minute.
    And I feel better (and can eat more) on the days I work out, so that motivates me.
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    5 lifting days 1 day of cardio... Every 8th week i'll do a deload week.
  • 281Danielle
    281Danielle Posts: 113
    Options
    I aim for 6 but usually get 4-5.
    Monday and Thursday- Upper Body and Cardio
    Tuesday and Friday- Lower Body and Cardio
    Wednesday- Core and Cardio
    Saturday- Cardio and Yoga
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    5-6 but some days are harder than others. I try and cycle 3 times a week and this is hard. I hike on weekends, and either swim or HIIT on the ellipcal for some short days. If I need a break, I might swim slow but if I need a good workout, I will do a sprint workout in the pool.
  • Fat2FitMyDrive
    Fat2FitMyDrive Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Minimum 5, but I usually run 3-5 miles every morning then weight train with circuits and HIIT training in the evenings.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I do something every day. MWF I teach water aerobics and later go to the gym to do strength training. Tuesday, Friday and Saturday mornings I go to Zumba. Thursday and Sunday mornings I do a 2-3 mile walk/run. Sometimes I go to an evening Zumba class on Monday or Wednesday as well. I'm pretty tired on the days I work out two hours or more, but I always sleep like a baby now. (btw, this is what it takes to lose a significant amount of weight after age 50)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'd say 4 on average but in my busy season closer to 2-3 and in my less busy season I probably go about 5-6. It really depends on what your goals are and how you like what you are doing. If you feel you are getting "burned out" it is likely that you need to change something... Maybe not so much the frequency as the routine.