How many days a week do you workout?

Options

Replies

• kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    4-5. Less if I hurt myself, more if the 6th is a nice long relaxing walk or hike.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    5 official days but I do a lot of walking on the weekends
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I lift MWF and do cardio TTh. So, 5.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    3 days of strength and 2 days of cardio for me
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    3 heavy lifting days and 4 days of assistance / BW exercises.

For the first 11 months of consistent lifting I only did 3 heavy lifting days, though. It took time to build up the energy / will power.
  • amythax1982
    amythax1982 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I try to get to the gym M - F right after work. Some weeks, I only make it there 4 out of the 5 days. Weekends are reserved for yard work, cleaning, etc.. or relaxing if my body needs it. However, I find that if I relax the whole weekend I have to convince myself to go to the gym on Monday. So, I really do try to do something productive with my energy on the weekends so that I don't get lazy.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    6 - and do a long walk on my off days w/my dog.
  • daviddjhonna
    Options
    I work out Monday through Friday and give myself one hell of an off day Saturday and Sunday. I figure I deserve it by that time since I am normally very lazy. :laugh:
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I started out about 4 days per week with a goal of 150 minutes per week of exercise.

Now I work out about 5-6 days per week with double workouts most days (Crossfit and lifting or Crossfit and yoga, or running and lifting, you get the idea...). I love working out though so I don't do it as a chore. I do it because it's my hobby.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Between 5 and 6. I switch days between cardio and bodylifting. I actually really enjoy working out.
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    6 days a week with a rest day on saturday.

4 crossfit classes and 4 runs a week. Some days I do both.
  • MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    6 days/week of the following (most days are double-up on work-outs): 4-5 runs; 3 strength; 2 bikram yoga. Sunday = rest day.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I workout 5 days a week...Monday - Wednesday...Rest Thursdays..Friday and Saturday then Rest Sunday!!!!

I use to workout 6 days straight, but then I got really drained and felt exhausted all the time. Once I put in that extra rest day, felt a whole lot better
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting weights 4-5 times a week for years. There is such a thing as overtraining, you'll know it if your workouts start to surf or you can't lift as much as you usually can.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    4-5 times a week. Depends on what my work schedule is like; some days, there just isn't time. But I make sure to take 2 days off per week to rest my whiny knees :)
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Wow! It's so great to see so many people working out 5+ days a week. Inspires me to move more!

I do a boot camp/circuit training style work out every other day, which usually equals 3-4 times a week. I'm starting to transition to doing 2 days on, 1 day off, etc., so I'm aiming to get up to 5 days a week soon.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    4 days a week. 3 of them heavy weight lifting focus and 1 moderate cardio. I just kicked off a lean bulk phase.
  • Always_Belle
    Always_Belle Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    At least five
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Wow, I think I'm the person who works out the least on this website. Sweet! I lift 3 days a week. No cardio. That's it.
  • hope19862000
    Options
    3 days a week at the moment, hoping to up it to 4 days a week from next week, having a few problems with my knee so had to scale back for a while