Things you miss after losing weight

Options

Replies

• _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Agree with boobs and warmth!! But, it's a small price to pay :ohwell:

I'm always cold NOW I can't imagine how cold I'll be 80 pounds smaller!!! I'm going to be walking around dressed like an Eskimo... Which, you know, is fairly common in Texas...
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    I miss having a notably higher tolerance to alcohol, and I'm always cold now.
    these
    also;
    -having a big jolly belly
    -having a big enough belly to put a plate or even a drink on while sitting down
    -emptying the pool with a single cannon-ball
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    A part of me says 'I don't miss a THING'!

Another part of me misses the 'whatever' attitude - 'I ate half a pizza - WHATEVER'!

I guess I'd rather care - than be chubby though.
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I don't miss it much...but enjoying things like an enormous Starbucks white mocha with whip, or five cookies at a time, without feeling much guilt or concern.

(FTR I indulge a lot, do the 'fit your macros' thing...but I sometimes miss that completely blissful, oblivious snacking)

Pretty much this!
    And maybe being able to drink more than one beer before getting tipsy.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Nothing at all.
  • VintageFit
    VintageFit Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I miss having a notably higher tolerance to alcohol, and I'm always cold now.
    I'm only halfway to my goal weight and I already notice the alcohol tolerance. I used to be able to outdrink some of the guys... now I get girly-tipsy and it's embarassing.

I also sort of miss the option of potentially eating large portions. Like sometimes I want to allow myself a cheat day and order two pizzas. Half a year ago I could easily eat those. Now I get stomach cramps and feel incredibly sick because I can't handle that much food anymore.
  • Staniel_2013
    Staniel_2013 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Here's my list:

- Buying new shoes every 3 months because I used to destroy shoes with my weight
    - Being warm in winter because of the extra insulation
    - The extra padding on my backside when sitting on unpadded chairs and benches

How about everyone else?

Seriosly!? why in the HELL is almost every chair in known excistence uncomfortable!? I notice I find myself standing more than sitting at certian places now.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Absofreakinlutely nothing!
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    As others have said, I do sometimes miss that quality of "unthinking"; eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted with little/no regret and little/no planning, not moving from my armchair for eight hours while watching a movie marathon, not trying to fit exercise in anywhere when busy, etc., etc.

That said, those factors that I miss are far outweighed by all tho positive gains that come with getting more fit. I feel better, am less concerned about health risks, like the way clothes fit better, am more confident, can do more, etc. A bit of planning and mindfulness are totally worth it. ^_^
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Absolutely miss nothing at all.....

....except my boobs - I do kinda miss those a little lol
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I miss the freedom with which I used to eat. I miss shopping for, and eating, whatever I felt like on a whim, and not having to consider whether or not it fits into my day, or how I'm going to fit it in, and plan everything out.

I miss feeling a bit more comfortable sitting (and whenever I bump into things because I'm so clumsy) - everything is so uncomfortable now without the extra padding.

I miss not being cold all the time.

And boobs.

Still totally worth it though.
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Warmth and padding, it really hurts sitting or laying on hard seats, the floor, etc now. :(
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Not saying boobs but...
  • Elektrolyfe
    Elektrolyfe Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Weekly strength gains, now it's a struggle to even maintain a 295 bench.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I miss nothing.
  • jenna40_2go
    jenna40_2go Posts: 101
    Options
    -emptying the pool with a single cannon-ball

This made me laugh!
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I miss all the clothes I donated that were a bit snug, wish I had them back because they would fit just right now.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I don't miss it much...but enjoying things like an enormous Starbucks white mocha with whip, or five cookies at a time, without feeling much guilt or concern.

(FTR I indulge a lot, do the 'fit your macros' thing...but I sometimes miss that completely blissful, oblivious snacking)

+1

Also miss the body fat insulation in the winter. I feel cold all the time between fall and spring!
  • soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I miss my boobs and my alcohol tolerance but then again, means I am a cheap date so the BF is cool with it
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I miss the chivalry in the office when it came to lifting heavy boxes....now they know I can lift without much issue.....must not show my true strength in the office...or I might do all the lifting!

and oddly my alcohol tolerance has increased as I am losing. when I was fluffier I would have one beer and my head would spin...now it takes at least 2-3 for me to feel anything