Things you miss after losing weight

Options

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I don't miss it much...but enjoying things like an enormous Starbucks white mocha with whip, or five cookies at a time, without feeling much guilt or concern.

(FTR I indulge a lot, do the 'fit your macros' thing...but I sometimes miss that completely blissful, oblivious snacking)

So with you there lol. I'm a glutton at heart and rarely feel full. I miss mindless eating.

But that's about it, I suppose.

Eta: I take it back...I also miss the insulation and extra butt padding. I don't miss the boobs though lol...E cup is still plenty big and much easier on the back then G/H
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I miss not using being fat as an excuse anymore, for things that I'm too scared, too lazy, find too unfamiliar, too intimidated, to do.
  • HannahMary87
    Options
    Probably just feeling free to buy a burrito with everything (sour cream, cheese, guac) without feeling any kind of concern, and then buying another the next day...
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I miss being invisible.

Getting hit on unprovoked is pretty disgusting and wastes time and energy. Nobody randomly approached me about 40 pounds ago.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    The horrible chafing on my thighs when I'd wear a dress in summer

Joking. NOTHING.

I lost a lot of boob, and for some reason, I love my little boobs even more now. I think they're a badge of honor for me ("I might be flat but I DID IT MYSELF") and I am loving not needing to wear a bra with certain dresses, etc :) I feel free.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I miss being invisible.

Getting hit on unprovoked is pretty disgusting and wastes time and energy. Nobody randomly approached me about 40 pounds ago.

Also, this. I don't say I MISS it but there was comfort in it, or something.

Also, being able to blame low-self esteem on weight. (I am def working on that. Turns out losing weight the right way BUILDS self esteem! What an awesome cycle.)
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I miss being invisible.

Also, this. I don't say I MISS it but there was comfort in it, or something.

Also, being able to blame low-self esteem on weight. (I am def working on that. Turns out losing weight the right way BUILDS self esteem! What an awesome cycle.)

I guess, but it's not even an esteem thing. I'm asexual, so it just plain grosses me out.
  • MildredBarhopper
    MildredBarhopper Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have only lost about 24 pounds (wasn't overweight, but on the higher end of healthy range and not happy with my body), but I miss burning more calories for the same amount of exercise...gotta work harder to burn more calories now! That's about it, though.
  • Arranna1212
    Arranna1212 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm no where near my goal weight.. But one thing I totally miss is eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. 5 chili dogs for dinner loaded with cheese, 2 vanilla cokes and Ruffles... Man. /sniff
  • AHASRADA
    AHASRADA Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I miss not using being fat as an excuse anymore, for things that I'm too scared, too lazy, find too unfamiliar, too intimidated, to do.

This!!

My kids keep telling me that, since I'm at a healthy weight now, they're going to teach me to ride a bike this summer. :frown: I didn't want to learn when I was a kid, don't want to learn now. Same reason: afraid of falling and getting scraped up. I know, lame, but that's me. Maybe some day :tongue: .
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I miss proper fitting clothes. Just about everything I have in my closet is too big. :sad: I love shopping though, but I would prefer to be at my goal weight first. :wink:
  • LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Okay, these might sound weird, but I had two habits I wasn't aware of until I lost weight. One, I used to play with/pull on my double chin, in the same way a man might absently stroke his beard. It's just not there anymore, and pulling on my neck skin doesn't have the same self-soothing feeling.

And two, when falling asleep at night on my side, my bottom arm would be tucked under my pillow, but my top arm would just fall off the pile of jello that was me. So I would tuck my hand between my belly roll and my leg to keep my hand in place (I said these were weird!). Now that my belly roll is little, it's harder to tuck my hand there. The good news is my top arm lays more naturally on my body now that everything is thinner.

I don't miss being heavy and I don't miss being out of shape. But I kind of miss playing with my fat rolls. :embarassed:
  • crazy4cooking
    crazy4cooking Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check http://www.dessertfortwo.com/recipe-index-2/#.Uz_vzVcYoYN

I made an adorable and delicious mini pound cake this week that totally fit in my calories (well, as long as you don't eat the whole thing), and their cupcake recipes make 4 cupcakes, which isn't too bad at all.

Great site, Thanks! :-)
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I miss marshmallow fluff, big time. I used to love a fluffernutter, but since losing some weight and being serious about dieting, I can't bring myself to touch the stuff since it's just pure sugar. I feel guilty even still having a jar in the cupboard, lol.
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I miss Nutella. I can't keep a jar in the house.. I eat it with a spoon. There are some foods you just can't moderate. *sigh* but yes, being thinner is totally worth it!
  • fitnessf0x
    fitnessf0x Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    absolutely nothing! :smile:
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I don't miss anything either, if I want to eat something I just find a way to fit it in.
  • nicoleambersumpter
    nicoleambersumpter Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Like the first post my first is being warm in winter. I get seriously cold now!
    - being a pig with cheese.. I fit it in, but i do miss the freedom that came with not weighing the sod out. :laugh:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I miss not being cold.