What Has Been Your Biggest Issue Losing Weight?

Options
12346»

Replies

• nicolebenke
    nicolebenke Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My biggest issue was inconsistency. I would be on a kick, do well, have a relapse, then quit, then overeat, realize i need a change, then be on a kick, and the vicious cycle continued. After after going through that cycle over 200 or so times (no exaggeration there: since high school, college to now late 20s) I began to feel that I would never be successful. It disappointed me hearing testimony of other people who after making "one big decision to change" lost weight. I felt I would never rise than my vicious cycle.

This is me... :(
  • T_Ciku
    T_Ciku Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When I would start losing weight, i wud be great at first then usually after losing 2-4 kg id get excited and start eating junk and skipping gym weird ryt?!!!:sad:

Oh my gosh!!! This!!!! Exactly. I thought I was the only other weird person who thought like this. My clothes start getting looser and then I'm like "I've got this" and I stop being so diligent and the weight comes right back!! It's reached a point I'm even afraid to lose weight because I get complacent. I've lost 2 kg so far and I'm so scared that I'll gain it back. It'll kill me to do that. Tomorrow is weighing day. Fingers crossed!
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Expecting perfection and negativity. I would do well for weeks or months and boom would have a bad day. At that point in my mind - I had failed and there was no reason to continue, because I was such a loser. Now I don't expect perfection, and if I make a less than healthy choice at meal time...well I get right back to eating healthy/exercising the next day. I finally realized that I am worthy of being healthy, happy and fit! :)