seriously?

Options

Replies

• Ihatecoldsoup
    Ihatecoldsoup Posts: 186
    Options
    Ha! I'm pretty sure those muscles and his dance moves helped with that audition because his acting skills suck!

If gambit break dances in this film...
  • Ihatecoldsoup
    Options
    I've seen worse casting.

Jesse-Eisenberg-0x350_zpsb21dd16e.jpg

Yeah, that came to mind as well. How do they come to these decisions!?!?! You know who would make a great Nightcrawler? Peter Dinklage.
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I don't mind Channing Tatum, but he is going to make a sh*tty gambit.

This...
    No way this is going to work out good, so many other people suitable for the job and then they pick Channing...
    They must have been drunk when selecting him

Or a horny, teenage girl...

I've always thought Sawyer from Lost would be the perfect selection.
    Sawyer is too busy being Farmer Josh
    16iirk2.jpg

Hahahah what the hell is that? Awww Sawyer :(
    Yo Gabba Gabba, my little dude loves the show... ha ha
  • Ihatecoldsoup
    Options

This...
    No way this is going to work out good, so many other people suitable for the job and then they pick Channing...

16iirk2.jpg

Hahahah what the hell is that? Awww Sawyer :(
    Yo Gabba Gabba, my little dude loves the show... ha ha

Something tells me, you do too :p
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Ha! I'm pretty sure those muscles and his dance moves helped with that audition because his acting skills suck!

If gambit break dances in this film...

break dancing would be his secret fighting powers
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options

This...

16iirk2.jpg

Bring on the nightmares.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Apparently he was cast for the Gambit in X-men: The Last Stand but the role was written out of the movie. Then he was offered tp be cast for the same role again in X-men Origins: Wolverine but was in the middle of G.I. Joe filming. Now both the role and the actor are finally available... so this should be interesting. I mean, if they wanted him for this role over and over again and he himself wanted as well then perhaps there is a reason? Maybe his audition was awesome and he has worked his whole life to be ready to play Gambit...? WHo knows. All I know is he better not screw it up!
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one not disappointed by this? He's just so good to look at, and I think he'd make a good Gambit.
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options

This...

Oh damn.... he would have made a good Gambit. Though, his acting skills are little subpar too, when it comes down to it.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    100% with you on this one. I've been in denial.

Gambit's a thief-- quick, roguelike, sneaky. He's not big and beefy. And above all, he's SMART. Very, very smart. Add to that the fact that Channing Tatum does less for me from an attraction standpoint than a giant turkey leg with two beady eyes pinned on, and you have me heaving a big ol' sigh of sadness.

Just... *facepalm*.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I may be the only hot blooded woman alive that thinks he is a total douche!! Not cute at all!! Also a horrible actor!!!
  • AnxiousPenman
    AnxiousPenman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't get the hate for this casting beyond the "lol, **** channing tatum!".

Is he the best actor in the world? God no. But he's gotten progressively better. And besides that, he's actually from NO, so we know he can do the accent justice. And he has the look.

I think this is one of those "wait and see" casting announcements. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, because the guy genuinely comes off like he's trying to go beyond the typical "look how sexy I am" style roles that he got saddled with.
  • mandasalem
    Options
    Channing Tatum as Gambit in the new X-Men film? Fml...

Channing Tatum as anyone is a good thing...

He would make a great Lennie from "Of Mice and Men". The role fits well within his range of acting.

:laugh: Perfect.
  • Ihatecoldsoup
    Options
    Am I the only one not disappointed by this? He's just so good to look at, and I think he'd make a good Gambit.

Megan Fox is good to look at, but I bet a bunch of women would be pissed if she was in the cast of 50 shades of gray...or a Jane Austen film.
  • mandasalem
    Options
    Honestly, I don't get the hate for this casting beyond the "lol, **** channing tatum!".

Is he the best actor in the world? God no. But he's gotten progressively better. And besides that, he's actually from NO, so we know he can do the accent justice. And he has the look.

I think this is one of those "wait and see" casting announcements. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, because the guy genuinely comes off like he's trying to go beyond the typical "look how sexy I am" style roles that he got saddled with.

I've seen several people say he has "the look." I think he looks as much like Gambit as I look like the Queen of England. Can you expand a little more on this, since I'm genuinely curious what similarities people see?
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    10301055_886587088024849_1584416027206071182_n.jpg
  • Ihatecoldsoup
    Options

I've seen several people say he has "the look." I think he looks as much like Gambit as I look like the Queen of England. Can you expand a little more on this, since I'm genuinely curious what similarities people see?

And I thought he was from Alabama.
  • crohnsfighter
    crohnsfighter Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    It's going to be 21 Jump Street meets Magic Mike...only with different outfits, and different...guns.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    100% with you on this one. I've been in denial.

Gambit's a thief-- quick, roguelike, sneaky. He's not big and beefy. And above all, he's SMART. Very, very smart. Add to that the fact that Channing Tatum does less for me from an attraction standpoint than a giant turkey leg with two beady eyes pinned on, and you have me heaving a big ol' sigh of sadness.

Just... *facepalm*.

Yup, this pretty much sums up how I feel about it. My weekend was ruined when I found out about this on Saturday or whenever.

2ev412g.jpg