seriously?

Options

Replies

• Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yeah she has the personality and presence of a wet towel...

Come on, now. A wet towel at least provides you with that moment of glee where you realize you can snap someone in the rear with it. Don't insult wet towels.

Ha Ha..I apologize to wet towels everywhere!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Based on previous posts I have seen of yours, I can think of worse people to have awful in common with LOL

partners in hate.
    I'm down for that.
  • Collier78
    Options
    Channing Tatum as Gambit in the new X-Men film? Fml...

He has to be better than the Gambit they had in the X-Men Org. Wolv.
    ha ha ha
    Though they could do better...

See, I didn't think he did a bad job.

I don't think the actor was the problem...they didn't flesh out the character enough...they were just like "Oh look, here's Gambit"...

Why the hell don't they just use him again?

Probably because Channing is the new "it" guy right now and it will draw a crowd previously immune to the power of the superhero film. It's all about money for them, rarely do you find a director or do they allow for it to be about pleasing the fan base or staying true to the characters..I mean look at what they did to Fantastic Four. Good Casting...crappy writing..
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options

ha ha ha

I don't think the actor was the problem...they didn't flesh out the character enough...they were just like "Oh look, here's Gambit"...

He was okay-- like I said, victim of lazy writing and prepping. But I'm going to pretend that he decided to take a break from show business after being forced to work with Will.i.am.

Putting those stupid periods in his name just made me mad.
  • Collier78
    Options
    Based on previous posts I have seen of yours, I can think of worse people to have awful in common with LOL

partners in hate.
    I'm down for that.

LOL In for partners in hate!
  • Collier78
    Options

ha ha ha

He was okay-- like I said, victim of lazy writing and prepping. But I'm going to pretend that he decided to take a break from show business after being forced to work with Will.i.am.

Wasn't it the same guy from John Carter too? There are two of them that look similar and I always get them mixed up...
  • mandasalem
    Options

Wasn't it the same guy from John Carter too? There are two of them that look similar and I always get them mixed up...

Yup. I forgot that movie was a thing.
  • Ihatecoldsoup
    Ihatecoldsoup Posts: 186
    Options

ha ha ha

Which reminds me of when they used Taboo from Black eye peas to play as Vega from street fighter. Christ...
  • mandasalem
    Options
    Which reminds me of when they used Taboo from Black eye peas to play as Vega from street fighter. Christ...
    :laugh: I did not even realize that. Auuuugh.
  • JoRocka
    Options

Probably because Channing is the new "it" guy right now and it will draw a crowd previously immune to the power of the superhero film. It's all about money for them, rarely do you find a director or do they allow for it to be about pleasing the fan base or staying true to the characters..I mean look at what they did to Fantastic Four. Good Casting...crappy writing..

yeah that was a pretty trashy movie- I was REALLY disappointed- I love Alba- but yeah- they bombed big time.

Avengers was a let down too.

Honestly the only thing I haven't walked away from feeling like the fkered it all up was Iron Man- RDJ was the best thing to ever happen to Marvel. Seriously.

Perhaps my taste for movies has gone askew but over all movies in general just lack writing and good anything. Transformers has been an abysmal let down (# 3 I Never finished was so boring I feel asleep). Last batman was meh- 300 Rise of the Empire sucked donkey scholong too- I turned that off.

Only thing worth watching this last year I've seen was Prisoners with Huge Jackman- and that got no pomp and circumstance what so ever. Was disappointed by Gravity- Elisium- Oblivion- all awful.

Maybe my standards for movies are way to high.
    he was mediocre at best- that movie could have been something- the books are amazing.

Edgar Rice Borroughs is one hell of an author (anyone who hasn't read the Outlaw of Torn is missing out)... and that movie- was just. bad.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I have a problem with that casting, too. He's awful in almost every role he's played, and I can't see how he'll pull Gambit off, either. But, I'm also probably one of the few women out there that just doesn't get the appeal of Channing Tatum - *at all*.
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options

ha ha ha

I agree
    Gambit is one of my all time, if not my all time favorite X-man. I was just so disappointed with how they made him in the movie. I honestly do not think Tatum will be an improvement on him. We need some bad *kitten*, good looking, devilish Cajan man! But it is sad, that when I try to think of someone to play him...nothing comes to mind :(
  • mandasalem
    Options

Honestly the only thing I haven't walked away from feeling like the fkered it all up was Iron Man- RDJ was the best thing to ever happen to Marvel. Seriously.

I would give Tom Hiddleston (Loki) and RDJ their own show and enjoy it tremendously. Though I will say-- I actually loved Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner. I feel like they started to get him right after some serious missteps.
    Yeah... I have a problem with that casting, too. He's awful in almost every role he's played, and I can't see how he'll pull Gambit off, either. But, I'm also probably one of the few women out there that just doesn't get the appeal of Channing Tatum - *at all*.

High five.
  • Collier78
    Options

yeah that was a pretty trashy movie- I was REALLY disappointed- I love Alba- but yeah- they bombed big time.

Honestly the only thing I haven't walked away from feeling like the fkered it all up was Iron Man- RDJ was the best thing to ever happen to LIFE. Seriously. FIFY LOL

Perhaps my taste for movies has gone askew but over all movies in general just lack writing and good anything. Transformers has been an abysmal let down (# 3 I Never finished was so boring I feel asleep). Last batman was meh- 300 Rise of the Empire sucked donkey scholong too- I turned that off.

Only thing worth watching this last year I've seen was Prisoners with Huge Jackman- and that got no pomp and circumstance what so ever. Was disappointed by Gravity- Elisium- Oblivion- all awful.

Maybe my standards for movies are way to high.
    he was mediocre at best- that movie could have been something- the books are amazing. TRUTH!!

Edgar Rice Borroughs is one hell of an author (anyone who hasn't read the Outlaw of Torn is missing out)... and that movie- was just. bad.

I was happy with the casting of Henry Cavill as Supes...He definitely has the look and had the attitude down, but they need to let someone with a brain really develop the screenplay...He could be awesome as Superman with the right screenplay...
  • Collier78
    Options

ha ha ha

I agree
    Gambit is one of my all time, if not my all time favorite X-man. I was just so disappointed with how they made him in the movie. I honestly do not think Tatum will be an improvement on him. We need some bad *kitten*, good looking, devilish Cajan man! But it is sad, that when I try to think of someone to play him...nothing comes to mind :(

THIS! And the chemistry between he and Rogue is Epic...there isn't anyone I can think of that could pull that off currently.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options

ha ha ha

Agreed. I liked Taylor Kitsch in the role.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I would give Tom Hiddleston (Loki) and RDJ their own show and enjoy it tremendously. Though I will say-- I actually loved Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner. I feel like they started to get him right after some serious missteps.

YES- so true. I agree.
    I was happy with the casting of Henry Cavill as Supes...He definitely has the look and had the attitude down, but they need to let someone with a brain really develop the screenplay...He could be awesome as Superman with the right screenplay...
    I hated Superman. Seriously- I was SO disappointed. Why?

I ADORE Cavill- I thought he was epic in the Tudors. That movie just felt stale- dissonant- and flat. He has so much potential- and let's be honest- he's smoking hot. He's got all the things needed.
  • Collier78
    Options

YES- so true. I agree.
    I hated Superman. Seriously- I was SO disappointed. Why?

I ADORE Cavill- I thought he was epic in the Tudors. That movie just felt stale- dissonant- and flat. He has so much potential- and let's be honest- he's smoking hot. He's got all the things needed.

Exactly..smoking hot...and SUPER potential...again DC gives an epic chance to a crap writer..
  • Collier78
    Options

Loki-oh-yes.gif
  • mandasalem
    Options

Loki-oh-yes.gif

I love that he just stepped up to the plate and stole all of those movies. Thor 2 was just distressingly awful, with the exception of him. And wtf happened to Natalie Portman in that movie? You could have replaced her with a giant chess pawn and it would have made more sense and been more engaging.