The Things No One Tells You About Weight Loss

Options
1181920212224»

Replies

• ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Geez Louise what was their size zero, then? Maybe the sizes back then also covered children? I bet I'm gonna do some research on this, color me curious!

Look at pattern sizes and the corresponding measurements. Pattern size misses 12 uses the measurements 34-26.5-36 for instance. Wedding dresses are still sized this way, I believe. That is your "true" size vs the stupid vanity thing manufacturers do now. This is where the Marilyn Monroe myth got started.
    "Marilyn was a size 12, so my size 14 body is so close!" is crap. The article I read said she ranged between pattern size 8 to 12 with a 22-23 inch waist. Her clothes are similar to today's 2s and 4s.
  • dsj003
    dsj003 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just my observations, as an older lady trying to stay healthy .... I have read lots of posts from younger women stating that they lose friends, family do not acknowledge their weight loss, others shun them now, their self image is not what they thought it would be, etc. I have found that in some cases, our worst critics are other women. When a person starts on a new journey to better themselves, others who do not have the confidence or compassion - or security in themselves - are the ones who cannot acknowledge the personal gains another is making. It's all about insecurities - we all have them. This journey to health is always a personal one, and we 'women' need to dig deep and find the compassion for ALL women who are struggling and attaining a 'new you'. It IS a life change - so let's all try to find it in our hearts to uplift our fellow women and find the good in what others are accomplishing! I think in doing this, we will find a new security in our own selves - and love ourselves even more! Self esteem is rooted in respect - finding respect for YOU doing this for YOU!! This is a great thread ... lots of good information and personal gain here! :)
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    No one told me I would still hate my body. After a 90 pound loss I have hanging, saggy yuk all over. I am looking at having a body lift and boob lift next year. I thought I would be "finished" when I lost the weight. I'm never "finished"......

Do you lift weights? If you build up some muscle, you might not need a body lift.