How often do u all weigh in?

Options

Replies

• killencm
    killencm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started using mfp and its been one week. I started on a monday and so I'm gonna weigh in every monday
  • msbhavesalot
    Options
    Once a week, but I don't stare myself blind at the scale - measuring waist/hips/thighs gives a better progress report than the scale for me.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh myself 2x a day - morning and night. But if I forget, it's no big deal.

I've found that weighing 2x a day keeps me mindful.
  • ritan7471
    ritan7471 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I weigh at least twice a week, on Monday and Thursday. I'm really bad at tracking on the weekends so weighing on Monday keeps me motivated to eat well during the week. My weight fluctuates too much, so if I weighed every day I think it would be demotivating, if I were eating well but gained a pound.
  • Jeanne130LBS
    Jeanne130LBS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and report weight on MFP every Wed. Weighing every day really does help me keep on track.
  • WLG1974
    WLG1974 Posts: 90
    Options
    About every three days.

I think it's just a matter of personal preference.
  • calypsoca
    calypsoca Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, sometimes more often (depending on curiosity levels), but record weekly.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and watch the trends in my weight. Makes me less prone to freaking out over the fluctuations.
  • Nt2Badhuh
    Nt2Badhuh Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was weighing in every two days and it was driving me crazy the fluctuations so then I did weekly... Im going to try bi monthly soon but if my weight has gone significantly up then back to weekly I go.
  • marvinq42
    marvinq42 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I actually weigh myself several times a day. Mostly, to see how my weight changes throughout the day. I also weigh myself completely naked and with my sleepwear...etc..etc... just to see the difference.

For instance I'll weigh myself at night just before I go to sleep. Then again in the morning, after going to the bathroom. Just so I have a better idea the kinds of things effecting my weight.

My "Official" weigh in is on Sunday morning 9 am PST.
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I weigh twice a day, once in the morning and once before I go to bed, I usually drop about 2lb while I'm sleeping but have seen variations as much as 4 or 5lbs, do not weigh yourself daily unless you are prepared that these variations will happen .I only log my weight once a week(every Sunday). good luck on your journey. If you commit yourself to logging and stay true to what you are logging you will lose weight.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I weight every day at the same time. I know it's supposed to be a bad idea but it really does help me to stay on track. I hate when I think I have done really well all week and then when I weight it's a let down. But when I weight every day I am prepared when I don't lose weight. (This may not make sense to other people but it really works for me)
    I've lost a total of 30-lbs since starting my diet. But only found MFP 107 days ago - for the last 20-lbs.
    58369279.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I do it once a day, or at least once every few days. I like seeing the natural fluctuations due to water weight, and it helps me visualize my average progress for the week.
  • CynNSinCity
    CynNSinCity Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Officially Monday, but I'll check on randomly during the week - sometimes in the morning, sometimes late at night. It keeps me more honest with myself even though I know it doesn't count until Monday's official weigh in.
  • Diegosnz
    Diegosnz Posts: 2
    Options
    I weight myself every 14 or 21 days, i used to weight myself every monday when i was on my weight loss process, but now in maintenance i do it every 2-3 mondays
  • Razzaz
    Razzaz Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i weigh daily too
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every 14 or 21 days, i used to weight myself every monday when i was on my weight loss process, but now in maintenance i do it every 2-3 mondays

I think if I was on maintenance I would do the same
  • MzChiz
    MzChiz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Daily. It keeps me focused.
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every 10 day streak. If I weigh every day, I become obsessive with it.
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Daily on an app that tracks my moving avrage & weekly here. The two together seem to keep me the most focused.