How often do u all weigh in?

Options

Replies

• flawwd
    flawwd Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Daily as well. Helps me keep focused as others have said. The ups and downs don't stress me out.
  • aalbert_82
    aalbert_82 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I'm not obsessed with or discouraged by the fluctuations. If I was I would only weigh once a week
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like weighing in daily helps them stay on track better than weekly?? I know it's "a big no no" but I feel like I am more accountable if I do it that way.
    I weigh daily and log weekly. It's not a no-no unless you obsess about it. Weighting in daily takes a few seconds and gives me a better understanding of the trends and what foods/activities cause fluctuations.
  • rickysticky305
    Options
    Once a week same day same time.
  • WannaBeSexyAt40
    Options
    I usually weigh myself 500X a day! J/K I notice that if I weigh myself in the morning I weigh MORE than in the afternoon right around lunch time. I know everyone tells me that the morning is the correct weight, but the scale stays the same every afternoon so why not use that weight?
  • Jbug1220
    Jbug1220 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I see the daily ups and downs, I get discouraged so I just try to feel it in my clothes and occasionally I am getting on the scale, but at the drs the other day I was so heavy! Not eating right!
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I use to weigh a few times a day, then once a day, then a few times a week, then a couple of times a week, then once a week. I used to weigh on Fridays, then switched to Mondays...I currently weigh in once a week on a Wednesday. That seems to be working for me so I'll do that for as long as it does. I say weigh in when it works for you and then when it doesn't change it.... just always keep in mind that it's just one tool to measure progress...and it's just a number.
  • FredSetToGetFit
    FredSetToGetFit Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day, because I use a wi fi scale, and it tracks my progress trend on trendweight.com. I find it very helpful as they make a distinction between total weight, body fat, and lean weight. The total weight don't matter at all. I just keep my eye on the latter two.
  • Flyfaith
    Flyfaith Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling with this, I am tempted to weigh in everyday, but up n down drives me nuts! I say once a week is healthy and if your gonna do it everyday, just know its not consistent.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Once a week, sometimes I do once every 2 weeks if I'm feeling good about myself.
  • Katieroberts2012
    Options
    I weigh myself very morning to start off the day right. However, I only record myself once a week. Monday mornings so the weekends are not a chance to go crazy. :wink:
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Ive stopped weighing myself cause the scale doesnt show me any progress
    While measurements and progress pics do show me work thats paying off.

Aiming for once a month weigh in now. If that. I dont know. I hate the scale!!!
  • Operationweddings
    Operationweddings Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh every 1-3 days but only take the reading as gospel on a Fridays and note it down in my diary. I really shouldn't but I'm so curious. But I know I can fluctuate by 1-2lbs anyway... So officially weigh fridays
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Daily. If you weigh only once a week, the fluctuations in weight can be misleading. Like if you had too much sodium the day before and are retaining water, you'll show a weight gain when it fact there probably isn't one. Can be maddening.

OMG....see!! the scale is the DEVIL!! It can be maddening. Totally agree.
  • Jim_G10
    Jim_G10 Posts: 132
    Options
    Ive stopped weighing myself cause the scale doesnt show me any progress
    While measurements and progress pics do show me work thats paying off.

Aiming for once a month weigh in now. If that. I dont know. I hate the scale!!!

I am with Charissa on this one. Scales are evil and have flung mine out and the squirrels are playing with them.
    Measures only and general feel on clothes fitting!
  • corbinskiii
    corbinskiii Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every 2 weeks to avoid seeing daily ups and downs. Keeps me motivated when I see 4-6 lbs come off at once :-)
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself everyday. I liked it because I pretty much knew how much I weighed at any given moment, but it also drove me completely crazy. I found I wasn't rational when I weighed myself. I wouldn't be realistic in what I would expect and I wouldn't allow myself the flexibility of knowing that your weight constantly fluctuates depending on what you've eaten, how and when you worked out, etc. Other people seem to be able to keep themselves in better check and use it as a motivator. I would just use it as proof positive that I'd never lose weight.

Now I weigh myself every week at the same time (AM) before I shower, but I don't weigh myself during my TOM because I know I'll weight more and it'll only upset me.
  • newpalfan
    newpalfan Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily. It helps keep me accountable.
  • MatthewJacks
    MatthewJacks Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I tend to do it 2/3 times a week, but using the Withings WiFi scales makes it all very easy and it captures more than just my weight so sometimes I do it more than that :)
  • nicoleambersumpter
    nicoleambersumpter Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Once a week at Boots.