i refuse to kill myself!

(i will not kill myself) gym post

i just want to say i have learned these past few months to just love myself for me and not for what others think. i want to loose weight for me to be healthy and to be able to have little babies... i have been going to the gym but i will SAY i will not kill myself to go every single day i just wont do it. !

just wana let everyone know ! and if you are to loose weight do it for you not for him or her or them .. Do it for you! be happy where you wanna be and do it ! keep your head up ive learned its def a commitment job and you have to be commited to it. im commited but i refuse to kill myself. and hurt my self to loose weight in the long run. i will do it at my own pace .and there is nothing wrong with that !

:).

unfriend me if you dont agree but im just being Str8 up with everyone :)

( jersey-ness came out :)) )

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    A calorie deficit does not require a gym membership.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    I like that you came here to share a self empowering moment with other mfpers. All the best on your journey it seems to me that you are headed to a good place of self acceptance and love :flowerforyou:
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    I like that you came here to share a self empowering moment with other mfpers. All the best on your journey it seems to me that you are headed to a good place of self acceptance and love :flowerforyou:

Good luck with everything!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    what??
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Who said you need to kill yourself at the gym????

Just eat a bit less, Eat healthier, and move a bit more...... : )
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    It's too early for this...
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    If going to the gym is the equivalent of killing yourself, then you're doing it wrong.
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Good for you! I think what you said is key for the long term. You are young, your life will take many twist and turns and your weight will also (babies, etc). You need to love who you are, love the skin you are in, work out to keep your body healthy. Keep your goals in sight, but do not kill yourself. :happy:
  • fozzie500
    fozzie500 Posts: 177 Member
    And the good news is you don't have to! an hour 3 times a week is more than enough for the vast majority of people.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    yes, I just hurt myself overdoing it. Some of the trainers push too hard. Learned my lesson, do what you want. Do what is best for you. If they want to kill themselves it is up to them. I will just say leave me alone, I don't want to get hurt.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I'm just really confused.

What does that mean... "I refuse to kill myself"

Most people can't be bothered to put in a solid intense workout on a regular basis for the time it takes to get consistent results- much less workout at a level that's remotely near what their bodies max capacity that would threaten death. So I'm not sure what you are getting at ultimately, your body is a capable machine- it's probably able to handle twice what you are throwing at it- it's the brain that's not keeping up usually.

secondly weight loss comes through a calorie deficit.

Thirdly- having an opinion is not "jersey-ness"

it's just having an opinion.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    ( jersey-ness came out :)) )

Not sure what this means....and I was born in Jersey.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Nobody cares what you do.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Um... okay...

gif-ok-1051701437a-img.gif
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    what??

^This
    Nobody cares what you do.

...and ^This
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,910 Member
    One doesn't need to gym to lose weight.

And there's an old saying when lifting weights: "Stimulate, don't annihilate."

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • johnnyhatesjazz
    johnnyhatesjazz Posts: 95 Member
    That's a totally good way to feel..As long as the weight is coming off even if its half a pound a week or less, as long as the scale shows your losing at a slooow rate than your bettering yourself and therewill be a day when your at your goal weight. :wink:
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    You have attitude, girl, and that counts for a lot. Keep that attitude even on those days when you don't see a change on the scale and youl will continue to lose. Eat at a calorie deficit, work hard when you work, make your fat cells scream for mercy, but show them none, and you will do just fine!
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    You have attitude, girl, and that counts for a lot. Keep that attitude even on those days when you don't see a change on the scale and youl will continue to lose. Eat at a calorie deficit, work hard when you work, make your fat cells scream for mercy, but show them none, and you will do just fine!

I love this
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Aww...you tried to be positive.

Never change, MFP!:laugh: