i refuse to kill myself!

Options

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit does not require a gym membership.

No but if you're not looking to be skinny fat then it does.

I guess I'm skinny fat then.... /sulk
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I get what you are saying. I really do. What I don't get is why this is a post? I mean, maybe I'm missing something. Some people just enjoy the fitness. Take me for example, I am losing weight VERY slowly. I don't care. I'm not concerned. I eat what I want and try to stay under my calorie goal (which I usually do), but I enjoy working hard at the gym regardless of how fast or slow I lose weight. You don't have to even go to the gym to lose weight. Get out and take a walk once in a while and watch your calories. Other people enjoy it. I don't see why gym-goers and non-gym-goers have to be put in these little categories.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    So you want to get amazing results with putting in minimal/moderate effort? Just want to make sure I am understanding the point of this post.....

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Surely though, its important to spell words right., in order to communicate with others?

Yes. Yes it is. But the whole lose vs. loose thing is a very sensitive subject here on MFP. The majority misuse it, and defend the misuse, stating it doesn't matter, and that's not what the post is about anyway. It's a losing battle.
  • k_nicole87
    Options
    So you want to get amazing results with putting in minimal/moderate effort? Just want to make sure I am understanding the point of this post.....

Ice cream afficionado
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

That gif.

TmYTu.gif
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Still trying to figure out who the 'many' are that are in hiding and why they are hiding.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options

Ice cream afficionado
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

Sounds familiar . . .
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Yup, I won't kill myself either. I don't even really like getting sweaty.

I like low impact excersize that doesn't require a gym. Swimming, biking, walking at a good clip, yoga.... Some corny aerobics DVDs for rainy days. That's all I do.

I just.....

I can't.

how unsatisfying it must be to go through life afraid of hard work.

Sigh.
  • k_nicole87
    Options

I like low impact excersize that doesn't require a gym. Swimming, biking, walking at a good clip, yoga.... Some corny aerobics DVDs for rainy days. That's all I do.

I just.....

I can't.

Sigh.

This.

Hell, the AC at my gym is broken and it has been pushing 90 in there every day. But I'm still alive. I certainly didn't "kill" myself.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Ice cream afficionado
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif

That gif.

TmYTu.gif

:drinker: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

I just.....

I can't.

Sigh.

In her defense though, not enjoying/wanting to go to the gym doesn't make you afraid of hard work..

If it fits in her goals to do other things, then so be it.
  • JoRocka
    Options

I just.....

I can't.

Sigh.

In her defense though, not enjoying/wanting to go to the gym doesn't make you afraid of hard work..

Had she said that I would have understood- the gym is NOT for everyone- but I get sweaty at my dance studio- at the barn- working on my motorcycle- hiking- swiming- running around.

But it was the "I don't like getting sweaty bit". It's a mentality I honestly will never understand.

and not for nothing- gah- what a boring sex life LOL
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    ( jersey-ness came out :)) )

Not sure what this means....and I was born in Jersey.
    me too, but the whole post is wut?

The whole post is an indictment of the New Jersey public school system is what it is....

:laugh:
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Just an observation OP, and I'm only pointing this out because your diary is public...but your sodium counts are through the roof most days! Some entries are also not accurate. I'm pretty sure the sodium for a BK double whopper is more than 1.

Is this something you are concerned with? Just curious.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

I just.....

I can't.

Sigh.

Had she said that I would have understood- the gym is NOT for everyone- but I get sweaty at my dance studio- at the barn- working on my motorcycle- hiking- swiming- running around.

But it was the "I don't like getting sweaty bit". It's a mentality I honestly will never understand.

I feel like a failure every day that I don't get sweaty doing something active and I'm not going to the gym right now because I'm recovering from surgery and still feel that way.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options

I just.....

I can't.

Sigh.

Ewww. All sweaty and stuff? Thats yucky.
  • JoRocka
    Options

I feel like a failure every day that I don't get sweaty doing something active and I'm not going to the gym right now because I'm recovering from surgery and still feel that way.

yeah I'm always a little disappointed when my workout doesn't leave me drenched- so the humidity is almost welcome since I'm dripping within 5 minutes b/c of my warm up- BUT I do acknowledge that sweat does not a good work out indicate- BUT - its a good feeling.
    Ewww. All sweaty and stuff? Thats yucky.

yeah don't think to hard- you'll get upset and have to see a therapist. LULZ.
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    I believe the phrase you're looking for is "all things in moderation." That includes the gym, food, diet, whatever.

Don't do this to satisfy somebody else. Do it for yourself. You'll be happier that way.
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Um... okay...

gif-ok-1051701437a-img.gif

LOL!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Just an observation OP, and I'm only pointing this out because your diary is public...but your sodium counts are through the roof most days! Some entries are also not accurate. I'm pretty sure the sodium for a BK double whopper is more than 1.

Is this something you are concerned with? Just curious.

Lol wut?