i refuse to kill myself!

Options

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    ( jersey-ness came out :)) )

Not sure what this means....and I was born in Jersey.
    me too, but the whole post is wut?

The whole post is an indictment of the New Jersey public school system is what it is....
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Good anti-suicide message.
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Beyond the horrendous misspellings/grammar; I am getting that you think it is ok to just give exercise a sporadic approach vice committing to a lifestyle that promotes healthy eating and exercising at least 5 to 6 days a week.

You feel you are over your head because you have not found that happy medium and you prefer the couch to getting your rear in gear and gaining control of your life. So, you are giving in because you do have the willpower to make this commitment.

Do I have it right?
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    (i will not kill myself) gym post

i just want to say i have learned these past few months to just love myself for me and not for what others think. i want to loose weight for me to be healthy and to be able to have little babies... i have been going to the gym but i will SAY i will not kill myself to go every single day i just wont do it. !

just wana let everyone know ! and if you are to loose weight do it for you not for him or her or them .. Do it for you! be happy where you wanna be and do it ! keep your head up ive learned its def a commitment job and you have to be commited to it. im commited but i refuse to kill myself. and hurt my self to loose weight in the long run. i will do it at my own pace .and there is nothing wrong with that !

:).

unfriend me if you dont agree but im just being Str8 up with everyone :)

( jersey-ness came out :)) )

If you "hurt" your self or "kill" yourself then your doing it wrong. I work hard at the gym but I've never injured myself. The problem with this post is it implies that everyone going to the gym is somehow harming themselves and i would argue that adding strength to your body actually helps prevent injury and not the opposite.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite sure what's going on here. But I'm in to find out what a Jerseyness is. Is there a loch in Jersey?
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Well I guess for me, I work out hard, I definitely don't feel like I am "killing myself", but building a better version of me. Can I lose weight by solely eating a deficit, sure I can. But will my body look they way I want it to by just eating a deficit and not working out? Doubtful. So I take an hour out of my day for me. Not to "kill myself", but to work my *kitten* off, push myself, because I want to see what I am capable of and I want to change my body. If you do it for anyone but yourself, odds are, at some point you will fail. But depending on what you want your body to look like, you have to push yourself. Good luck on your journey!
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Who said you need to kill yourself at the gym????

Just eat a bit less, Eat healthier, and move a bit more...... : )

Yes, this...If you want to eat more, move more. But really, moderation is the key. I am losing weight by eating at my calorie goal and just by walking, no heavy lifting, excessive exercise. Just keep moving. Whatever strikes your fancy, but just do it.

Good luck!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    *scratching forehead* :huh:
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Beyond the horrendous misspellings/grammar; I am getting that you think it is ok to just give exercise a sporadic approach vice committing to a lifestyle that promotes healthy eating and exercising at least 5 to 6 days a week.

You feel you are over your head because you have not found that happy medium and you prefer the couch to getting your rear in gear and gaining control of your life. So, you are giving in because you do have the willpower to make this commitment.

Do I have it right?

Your auto correct turned versus to vice.
    Can't blame the Judgy McScorn attitude on your computer, though.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    daheq did I just read?

My thoughts exactly.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Jersey girls are meh

:grumble:
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options

Do I have it right?

Your auto correct turned versus to vice.
    Can't blame the Judgy McScorn attitude on your computer, though.
    Pull your evil claws back in - you are correct (the note was not meant in moral depravity or corruption meaning) - it was meant in a instead of meaning...
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Then don't kill yourself at the gym? "No pain no gain" is a false belief that many people have. You can achieve positive gains at the gym and lose weight without killing yourself or being so sore you can't move the next day.

I've been consistently weight training for the last month and after my 40 minute cardio workout and 1 hour 20 minute weight training workout yesterday I'm not sore at all, at worst some of my muscles are just a little fatigued today.

Ultimately, weight loss is achieved by creating a calorie deficit through diet and exercise. If you can achieve that without exercise power to you. I'd still hit the gym to keep your strength up.
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit does not require a gym membership.

No but if you're not looking to be skinny fat then it does.
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Nobody cares what you do.

I care. In fact, I am "loosing" my mind over it.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit does not require a gym membership.

No but if you're not looking to be skinny fat then it does.

I am not skinny fat, I have no gym membership. You don't need a gym membership to be fit.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    lol i love people!! just saying. idk if i'm 25, 50 or 100. i suck at spelling!! Obviously we got that from the First response i'm not understanding why people are still bashing . its ok tho they wont bring me down.

WE HAVE CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THEY OBVIOUSLY I DON'T PRE-READ BEFORE I POST AND CHECK SPELLING OK PEOPLE WE UNDERSTAND.

but again thank you everyone for responding .! kind words are always wonderful and advise is as well!

I think the point of this post is that you don't proof read, I am not real sure because its more incoherent than the OP.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    If going to the gym is the equivalent of killing yourself, then you're doing it wrong.

I 100% agree with this! Going to the gym and making progress will hurt - there are days after leg day I stand more than I want to because it hurts to try and sit. This is what I call hurting in all the right places. However, I can still physically sit and move - my muscles are just sore. I know you shouldn't work out to the point where you can't move the next day - that's really not good for you but you should feel it, it's your muscles growing and healing.

I lift weights, I am not a true "heavy lifter" but I can lift a decent amount of weight. I don't kill myself but I want to be there. If you really are not into it and do not want to be there, it's truly a waste of your time and money. Do the things you want to do to make yourself feel better - the gym just happens to be my hour or two of pure, uninteruppted me time.
  • staylor2324
    Options
    :wink:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Im so happy. Some of u all understood what i was saying. And than u have some who have to be like rhat and catch a grammar issue excuse me typo.. So what! But thank u all for the support. Negativity wont get me down, so negative people try someone else. I shared this cause I know there is many out there hiding, no need to hide ... but there us no need to hide ;) keep ur head up.

dogjump.gif