• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Balut

b06d8e7f.jpg

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Ever crunch those thangs down, niner?? Blech! No preserved duck embryos for me - been there, seen that. I do like gator, though, and snake... the 'other' white meats.
    Veggie-wise, I agree with a previous poster - fiddleheads!! A very short season here immediately following our asparagus season. About the only veggie I choose, when in season.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    cherimoya

wow i have never heard of that fruit! were do you get it from?

Safeway, lol... they have everything ;)
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Greek snail stew
    Raw oysters
    Fried smelt
    Soft-shell crab
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Blood sausage. Amazing stuff. Usually available at Eastern European markets. Braunschweiger. Pigs feet, chicken feet. Tongue. Man, I would love some sweetbreads. Bible tripe and honey comb tripe and beef tendon in a perfect pho broth, heaven!
  • littlecrystal
    littlecrystal Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    That picture with the egg will take me off eggs for several days, for sure...

My must is cottage cheese (quark - normally fat free). I eat it every morning and I love, love, love it.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Duck.

My favorite bird to eat. Other people though...either go "Ewww!" or have never had it.

Why is that apex predators such as ourselves only eat 3-4 animals? Beef, pork, chicken, sometimes turkey. Well and various fish but that's practically a vegetable, as Ron Swanson says.

We need to eat a wider variety of lesser creatures.
  • tanyaelise
    tanyaelise Posts: 28
    Options
    I like parsnips and I don't see a lot of people eating those, but I don't really look either.

I also like brussel sprouts, but that isn't too uncommon.

I like okra, but I don't get it often.

When small game is in season, I will often get some rabbit and squirrel.

ditto to most of that.... never had squirrel. I will seek out fried okra!!
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    for me it's Capsicum, Mushroom, Salmon, Chicken, Whey Protein and above all Veggies galore
  • gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bok choi.
    Choi Sum.

Not many Norwegians eat stuff like that at home.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I like parsnips and I don't see a lot of people eating those, but I don't really look either.

I also like brussel sprouts, but that isn't too uncommon.

I like okra, but I don't get it often.

When small game is in season, I will often get some rabbit and squirrel.

eww they even try to convince you with there awfull taste that they are evil and poisonous lol.... now Broccoli thats a completely different story. More power to you if you can eat Brussel Sprouts.
  • Tisiwa
    Tisiwa Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    A must have food, for me.. that seems less popular, hmm, Onions yellow, red, green, together or apart, I even like them raw, Olives, black, green, stuffed olives, Green Smoothies with cinnamon, spinach any thing, hummus with carrots, unsalted pretzels minis. dark chocolate with sea salt. burned chicken hot dogs.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Another one: Morel mushrooms. Been picking them wild my whole life, so not paying the insane price to buy them (second most expensive mushroom behind a truffle)

The most amazing flavors ever.

morel1.jpg
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Duck.

My favorite bird to eat. Other people though...either go "Ewww!" or have never had it.

Why is that apex predators such as ourselves only eat 3-4 animals? Beef, pork, chicken, sometimes turkey. Well and various fish but that's practically a vegetable, as Ron Swanson says.

We need to eat a wider variety of lesser creatures.

it's because we're agriculturalists not hunter-gatherers. farming a few species in great numbers, as opposed to hunting whatever you can catch when it's in season

I'd love to eat more wild meat, but it's not available where I currently live.
  • oChristyo
    oChristyo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with watermelon. Eat it every day. It's for my sweet tooth.
  • mommakec
    mommakec Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Baked asparagus
  • mommakec
    mommakec Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Also my go to snack air popped popcorn with mrs dash seasoning. Eat it daily!
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Kimchi and home made sauerkraut :)

(but not in the same dish...)
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Farro and Freekeh.