Blood Type Diet

Options
I was told about this diet that tells you what foods are most healthy for your blood type. My list of foods pretty much sucks, but I'm willing to try it for the sake of my health! Has any tried this and has success?

And for anyone else who is interested in checking it out..
http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Why would you think your blood type in anyway effect fat storage or oxidization?

It doesn't. A consistent, long-term, moderate calorie deficit and adequate macro nutrient intake is really all it takes. If somethings sounds a little "out there", it probably is.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I was told about this diet that tells you what foods are most healthy for your blood type. My list of foods pretty much sucks, but I'm willing to try it for the sake of my health! Has any tried this and has success?

Opens link. Sees ADS EVERYWHERE. Closes link and goes back to real life.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    LolWut!.gif
  • Edmgirl07
    Edmgirl07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I tried this. I'm an O- and I cut out my breads and grains and started eating the things that were supposed to be good for my blood type and I found it worked really well for me. I was less bloated, I felt better, I had more energy and I was losing weight. Give it a shot! It's just hard to completely stop eating the things you've been used to eating all your life. I know for me the things I loved were supposed to act as a poison in my body. A lot of people think this is bogus but I found it worked for me!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options

I think this was one of the ads

Lolwut_cce13d_2296277.gif
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    aeoak1.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    It's so funny l, I was at a BBQ this past Sunday and my sister in law was talking about that diet. I began asking her basic questions about why they set the rules the way they did. She got irritated and said because that's what the doctor said. I told her I was going to write her a list of questions to ask the doctor. She replied with "I can't ask him questions because he's dead".

The rules they set are so ridiculous under unnecessary.

Did the MD die from the diet?
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    It will have you cut out the foods that are high in calories and carbs. You'll lose weight, it wont have anything to do with your blood group though.

The ELMM diet works wonders

Eat Less, Move More = BEST DIET EVER!!!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    It is BS. According to my type I am basically supposed to be a vegetarian.................and that ain't happenin
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    It will have you cut out the foods that are high in calories and carbs. You'll lose weight, it wont have anything to do with your blood group though.

The ELMM diet works wonders

Eat Less, Move More = BEST DIET EVER!!!

Shhhhhh...with your logic.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    NO.

This!^

Tea is recommended for weight loss for my blood type..............seriously, if this worked, I would not even have a weight problem.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

I think this was one of the ads

Lolwut_cce13d_2296277.gif

I saw this ad as well.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSz37p4TuMAwKubTzUmpTDUGBeE65GrgG7hZH_aH0ntuwruLfLR
  • Artionis
    Artionis Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm holding out for the "DNA diet". It's a bespoke diet designed just for me. Until then, I'll follow the guidelines of the "keep it simple" and the "sexy pants" threads.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Be silent.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    This is just another fad diet. Scientifically there are many genetic markers that effect health much more than blood type. I have an extremely rare bleeding disorder (factor XI deficiency) I am 100% if my O neg blood would effect my metabolism my hematologist would have mentioned it. Some races are more prone to certain disorders due to genetics, I think before blood type was an issue other genetics would play a larger role. If blood type meant anything, it would not be type it would be the person's RH factor...RH negative is an evolutionary mystery and RH + one of the things that help prove evolution. RH negative is an abscess of the factor and can cause a pregnant womans body to reject a positive fetus and fight it like a foreign substance. To my knowledge RH effects nothing but this, so type of blood would be way down the list of things that could effect digestion, mineral absorption and metabolism.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Calories in
    Calories out

Calories in
    Calories out

Calories in
    Calories out

Calories in
    Calories out

Calories in