:smokin:
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    300cd9e517f83107bdd19e1a5bf6172080a7507ab71c10659239c0ca644670df.jpg
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Whenever I hear about a fad diet, I remember Ayds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfFs0o6pCxc
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ I would eat you.

:smokin:

Yum.gif
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I like cheese.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    type-schmype. I'm on a blood diet.

sleeping-vampire-daethbed-animation-0987766.gif
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I was told about this diet that tells you what foods are most healthy for your blood type. My list of foods pretty much sucks, but I'm willing to try it for the sake of my health! Has any tried this and has success?

And for anyone else who is interested in checking it out..
    http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/

Go get a biology 101 textbook and read up on blood types. Scratch that, just google, "blood types, medical" and read up on that. Scratch that, just don't do this diet because I tell you without your even needing to be knowledgeable about blood types that it's a full of s**t diet.

Here's the brower47 diet plan:

1. Eat at a calorie deficit, lose weight
    2. Exercise, get healthier
    3. ???
    4. Profit
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    no-wai001.jpg
  • MzOnree
    MzOnree Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of this diet until you posted it. I personally wouldn't think blood type would have anything to do with your diet. Good luck if you try it.

I've edited because I looked at your profile page and you are doing wonderfully. I would stick at what you have been doing. Congrats on how far you have come.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    The inventor of the Blood Type Diet -

bela-lugosi-dracula-subtitles-text-vampire-Favim.com-231645.gif
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I was told about this diet that tells you what foods are most healthy for your blood type. My list of foods pretty much sucks, but I'm willing to try it for the sake of my health! Has any tried this and has success?

And for anyone else who is interested in checking it out..
    http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/

Fad and scam. Eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    My blood type can't eat Brussels sprouts!?
    :((

I'll stick to my meal plan.. Brussels sprouts and all!!
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    The diet is all healthy food but I wasn't sure if it was actually legit. I figured that someone would have some knowledge on it, so thank you to everyone that gave serious input :)
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Just going to run with this for a little bit...

Everyone likes to fall back on that everyone is different...

What works for you, may or may not work for me...

Our bodies all don't treat the same foods the same ways...

maybe it is because our bodies are specifically wired for a specific diet and the blood type diet is the first ever diet that looks deeper into figuring out what exactly makes you tick by narrowing down the plethora of choices, distilling the weight loss mystery, discovering how your very blood helps or hurts you. What if your molecular make-up, like a puzzle piece, had a perfect diet fit and starting with the blood type was the first step in figuring that out. What if throwing everything into one large, eat less move more, bucket was too general. We aren't ants, or sheep, or automatons! We are unique! We are singular, iridescent life-forms that are unimaginably bio-contradictory from one person to another. Ladies and gentlemen, I dare say that one size DOESN'T fit all! It is more like, 30 something to fit all!

If you squint your eyes, and take a step, fold your arms across your chest and tilt your head to the side, it kinda makes sense.

Edited for an l that should have been a t. And also to say, the more I think about it, the more inclined I am to believe that there might be something to this. I know that I've read a Hubbard novel or some sci-fi book that had something like this in it.
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Seriously, thank you to everyone that answered with legit information! It's sad people can't come on here seeking knowledge without being treated like they are idiots..
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Just going to run with this for a little bit...

Everyone likes to fall back on that everyone is different...

What works for you, may or may not work for me...

Our bodies all don't treat the same foods the same ways...

maybe it is because our bodies are specifically wired for a specific diet and the blood type diet is the first ever diet that looks deeper into figuring out what exactly makes you tick by narrowing down the plethora of choices, distilling the weight loss mystery, discovering how your very blood helps or hurts you. What if your molecular make-up, like a puzzle piece, had a perfect diet fit and starting with the blood type was the first step in figuring that out. What if throwing everything into one large, eat less move more, bucket was too general. We aren't ants, or sheep, or automatons! We are unique! We are singular, iridescent life-forms that are unimaginably bio-contradictory from one person to another. Ladies and gentlemen, I dare say that one size DOESN'T fil all! It is more like, 30 something to fit all!

If you squint your eyes, and take a step, fold your arms across your chest and tilt your head to the side, it kinda makes sense.

Or maybe our bodies are specifically wired to lose weight based on our eye color. No wait, maybe it's specifically wired based on the length of our left pinky toe. Or maybe it's based on how long our underarm hair can grow. Or maybe...

I think I'll stick to diets based on peer reviewed science and not based on some unrelated, arbitrary physical/emotional/spiritual/vocal/insert insanity here trait.