Blood Type Diet

Options

Replies

• kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    It says my blood type has a "sensitive immune system", but I have lupus/RA/other immune issues.

Will my lupus go away if I start this diet? brb, calling doctor so I can sue him for giving me treatments instead of this. What a quack!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Seriously, thank you to everyone that answered with legit information! It's sad people can't come on here seeking knowledge without being treated like they are idiots..

No one treated you like an idiot. They treated the idea of blood type diets as stupid. That doesn't translate to you. Don't take things so personally and you'll get a lot more out of these message boards.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I was told about this diet that tells you what foods are most healthy for your blood type. My list of foods pretty much sucks, but I'm willing to try it for the sake of my health! Has any tried this and has success?

And for anyone else who is interested in checking it out..
    http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/

Lol what? All blood type is is the surface antigens of your red blood cells. That has ZERO impact on what you should or should not eat. Total utter B.S.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    It says my blood type has a "sensitive immune system", but I have lupus/RA/other immune issues.

Will my lupus go away if I start this diet? brb, calling doctor so I can sue him for giving me treatments instead of this. What a quack!

My favorite is when a diet (or supplement or whatever) claims to "boost the immune system" and THEN claim to cure lupus/RA. If it were possible to boost the immune system that would be the last thing on earth I would want, since lupus means my immune system is already running amok. . :noway:
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Just going to run with this for a little bit...

Everyone likes to fall back on that everyone is different...

What works for you, may or may not work for me...

Our bodies all don't treat the same foods the same ways...

maybe it is because our bodies are specifically wired for a specific diet and the blood type diet is the first ever diet that looks deeper into figuring out what exactly makes you tick by narrowing down the plethora of choices, distilling the weight loss mystery, discovering how your very blood helps or hurts you. What if your molecular make-up, like a puzzle piece, had a perfect diet fit and starting with the blood type was the first step in figuring that out. What if throwing everything into one large, eat less move more, bucket was too general. We aren't ants, or sheep, or automatons! We are unique! We are singular, iridescent life-forms that are unimaginably bio-contradictory from one person to another. Ladies and gentlemen, I dare say that one size DOESN'T fil all! It is more like, 30 something to fit all!

If you squint your eyes, and take a step, fold your arms across your chest and tilt your head to the side, it kinda makes sense.

Or maybe our bodies are specifically wired to lose weight based on our eye color. No wait, maybe it's specifically wired based on the length of our left pinky toe. Or maybe it's based on how long our underarm hair can grow. Or maybe...

I think I'll stick to diets based on peer reviewed science and not based on some unrelated, arbitrary physical/emotional/spiritual/vocal/insert insanity here trait.

Oh I'm with you lady, but just think about the future...babies will be born then whisked away to be put through a special machine where all of these things you've listed will be determined, printed out, and their destiny pre-written. They will then receive the diet plan, medication, supplements, and pamphlets for the training they will receive for their ideal job. All of this, and we can say we saw it first. Here, on the 27th day of May, people were talking about this crazy new thing that would later prove to be the foundation of a new way of life. Yoouuu...just wait.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I tried this. I'm an O- and I cut out my breads and grains and started eating the things that were supposed to be good for my blood type and I found it worked really well for me. I was less bloated, I felt better, I had more energy and I was losing weight. Give it a shot! It's just hard to completely stop eating the things you've been used to eating all your life. I know for me the things I loved were supposed to act as a poison in my body. A lot of people think this is bogus but I found it worked for me!

Interesting...I've never read about this diet but keep a fairly low carb routine. I happen to be O- too. Not saying there's truth to the diet, but I know some people (me included) do better on low carb lifestyles.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Seriously, thank you to everyone that answered with legit information! It's sad people can't come on here seeking knowledge without being treated like they are idiots..

No one treated you like an idiot. They treated the idea of blood type diets as stupid. That doesn't translate to you. Don't take things so personally and you'll get a lot more out of these message boards.

This...no one treated you like an idiot. The fad diet got joked about. Not you. We all wish you the best.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

There is a difference between someone treating you as if you are an idiot and someone treating the information you brought forth as being idiotic. The idea that blood type has anything to do with diet is idiotic, that doesn't make you an idiot and no one called you an idiot...they mocked the idea, not you personally.

O blood type by the way means that your red blood cells lack surface antigens. How would the lack of surface antigens on your anucleate blood cells influence dietary restrictions? If you don't know then why are you following it? As someone else mentioned you may as well follow dietary restrictions based solely on your eye color.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    JustAnotherGirlSuzanne Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I read what I'm supposed to do... I'm type A and that means that I would "flourish" on a vegetarian diet and tofu should be a staple on my menu.
    LolWut!.gif

... sorry, no can do.

In all seriousness though, if you need something like this kind of diet to keep you focused on things that actually matter when it comes to weight loss (such as a caloric deficit) then go for it. Whatever works for you, right?

If you don't like the diet though, then don't worry! All you need to do is eat within your calorie limits and you won't have to cut out any foods that you love. I know it's confusing with so many diets out there, but really there is no quick and easy fix to lose weight. It's all just hard work and perseverance.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Is this for real??
    I didn't read the OP properly and thought it was a buzzfeed quiz or something.

everytimeivisit4chan-seriouslywhatswrongwithpeople_754f39_3820481.gif?w=500&h=230
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    According to that chart one of the foods that aids with weight loss for someone who is Type O is salt.

I'm just going to let that notion speak for itself.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Are you sure this isn't just the FSM of diets?

It definitely looks like a sarcastic response to fad dieting. Or maybe I just expect too much.
    :ohwell:
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My bloodtype is A and they got it right - I'm a vegetarian!

PSYCHIC!
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm with you lady, but just think about the future...babies will be born then whisked away to be put through a special machine where all of these things you've listed will be determined, printed out, and their destiny pre-written. They will then receive the diet plan, medication, supplements, and pamphlets for the training they will receive for their ideal job. All of this, and we can say we saw it first. Here, on the 27th day of May, people were talking about this crazy new thing that would later prove to be the foundation of a new way of life. Yoouuu...just wait.

Looks like someone's seen GATTACA!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

It definitely looks like a sarcastic response to fad dieting. Or maybe I just expect too much.

Nope it's real. It was created by a naturopath.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Looks like someone's seen GATTACA!

Awesome movie.

My favorite movie line is that science fiction is just a precursor to science fact. Want to know the future? Then read some sci-fi.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

Naturopaths, oh goodie. Love me some homeopathy.

Did you hear about the guy who forgot to take his homeopathic medicine? He died of an overdose.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Did you hear about the guy who forgot to take his homeopathic medicine? He died of an overdose.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:

Probably a random coincidence but I was curious about the "47" after your username. You aren't 47 years old and you weren't born in 1947. Did you perchance attend a certain southern Californian college?