Do you think...

Options
13»

Replies

• ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    lol awww Lina your avatar looks sooo good I can totally feel your pain girl...very proud of you!

and who was it writing those letters to hubbies...can I get one too....I have a list myself!:wink:

hugs!
    Ali

I'd suggest....to get the 6 inches....(ducking) and get a small salad too...it would fill you up especially if you put some good stuff on it like a little feta....perhaps....just a thought! I'm rooting for ya girl!
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to make your own turkey sandwiches at home. You can probably make a much better sandwich than Subway can with ...

Lean turkey roasted or seasoned as you like (I love it with herbs around the edges.)
    Ripe tomatoes (the kind that actually smell like tomatoes)
    A few leaves of dark green lettuce (instead of the shredded iceberg)
    A drizzle of vinegar, or a homemade vinaigrette
    And 2 slices of whole grain bread with at least 3 grams of fiber per slice

You can make a sandwich that's just as filling as a foot-long sub with far fewer calories! And the fiber in the bread will give you a better scale reading, since you won't have a block of starch sitting in your gut for days (from the thoroughly un-nutritious Subway roll).
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    The thing is, I have tried just eating 6 inches. I am left totally unsatisfied. There is something about finishing 6 inches and looking down and seeing another 6 inches to go. :blushing:

Size DOES matter to me, you know! :laugh: :bigsmile:

Just a suggestion. Maybe have them wrap them individually. That way you won't see the other 6 inches:laugh: when you finish the first. one for lunch one for dinner or 2 days worth. I like the turkey myself. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:wink:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Okay this is huge for me ladies:

I had a lunch meeting today with a very dear friend. We ended up at Olive Garden. I had decided before hand what I was going to get. I wanted to get their Whole Wheat Linguini Alla Marinara. The entire lunch portion has 340calories, which is definitely good for me (Remember, an entire footlong sub is 580 calories). I also wanted a salad, which adds appx 200 calories with their dressing. I was prepared for this. So I went, I ordered the pasta and asked for the salad but asked for their light italian dressing on the side which has 19calories per tablespoon and no croutons. I ate the salad, enjoyed two big plates of it with only one tablespoon of dressing. If my calculations are right, the two plates can't be more than 100 calories, right? No cheese, no croutons. Basically, lettuce and veggies and that one tablespoon of light dressing.

So anyways, I ate half of my pasta and packed up the other half for tomorrow or for a snack later on. So all in all, my lunch was appx 300 calories give or take. And I think 300 is being generous!

So I realized something, it was very hard for me to not eat the entire plate of pasta. Not because I was still hungry, but because it was there. I felt like I needed to eat it. I didn't, because I put effort toward controlling myself. How often do I do this though when i'm not paying attention? How much food do I eat when i'm actually full? Because after the first half, I was completely satisfied. I do it a lot I think, and i'm glad i'm seeing this so I can start paying more attention. When I THINK I am still hungry for the second half of the subway, i'm probably not, but I want to eat it...so I do.

Hmmm...
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Maybe when you get a foot long get them to wrap the halves separately.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Okay this is huge for me ladies:

I had a lunch meeting today with a very dear friend. We ended up at Olive Garden. I had decided before hand what I was going to get. I wanted to get their Whole Wheat Linguini Alla Marinara. The entire lunch portion has 340calories, which is definitely good for me (Remember, an entire footlong sub is 580 calories). I also wanted a salad, which adds appx 200 calories with their dressing. I was prepared for this. So I went, I ordered the pasta and asked for the salad but asked for their light italian dressing on the side which has 19calories per tablespoon and no croutons. I ate the salad, enjoyed two big plates of it with only one tablespoon of dressing. If my calculations are right, the two plates can't be more than 100 calories, right? No cheese, no croutons. Basically, lettuce and veggies and that one tablespoon of light dressing.

So anyways, I ate half of my pasta and packed up the other half for tomorrow or for a snack later on. So all in all, my lunch was appx 300 calories give or take. And I think 300 is being generous!

So I realized something, it was very hard for me to not eat the entire plate of pasta. Not because I was still hungry, but because it was there. I felt like I needed to eat it. I didn't, because I put effort toward controlling myself. How often do I do this though when i'm not paying attention? How much food do I eat when i'm actually full? Because after the first half, I was completely satisfied. I do it a lot I think, and i'm glad i'm seeing this so I can start paying more attention. When I THINK I am still hungry for the second half of the subway, i'm probably not, but I want to eat it...so I do.

Hmmm...

Interesting thoughts Lina!! Way to go on lunch by the way!! I hear you - the mindless eating or at least not focusing on controlling ourselves. I do the same thing. I guess we need to practice "mindful eating" LOL It's amazing the insight we can have when we pay attention to what we do and why we do it!!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options

I bet you'll be ok with a 6"... lots of women have to put up with them. :laugh:

Hahaha...that's awesome!!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    So i guess stopping the sub did help because i saw a loss this morning! :drinker: