boobie question...!?

Options
okay...a head's up for a little TMI, but i'm going to ask anyways! :tongue: so, i was about to go to bed last night, and i sleep naked. before i laid down, i did a little back stretch, kind of downward-dog-esque, and i got a good look at my boobs hanging down. they looked skinny and hangy! not like my boobs at all! i was very upset - i think i liked my boobs much better 15 pounds ago - are they going to stay like that? as i continue to lose weight will they start to look more boobie-ish again, or are they going to just look like...i don't know...arms or something. they don't look weird when i'm dressed or standing or any other time, but it actually kind of freaked me out. anyone have any boobie experience out there?

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it but mine are the same as yours, they don't seem to be getting any better at all. :sad: I have bought good supportive bras, they look much better in them.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Fat stores on there just like every other place on the body, so yes, as you lose fat, that is just one place it will vanish as well.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna say it'll depend on genetics and age and whether you've had kids. I'm 24 and no kids, and skin usually will snap back if it hasn't stretched out too far. Mine have snapped back for the most part, although they are a cup size smaller. So, yes, they could improve, but it depends on several factors that you can't control.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My girls have been that way since breastfeeding stretched them out. They look fine standing but if I lean forward (supportless) they look like tube socks with an orange in them :embarassed: I think once they get big (and you're past the prime of youth), the skin doesn't shrink when the tissue does, be it lactation or weight loss or whatever.

Bummer. :frown:
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    unfortunately, i have noticed a change there too that i don't really care for, but that just means they had too much "fat" in them to start with!! lol
    they still look good in a bra and if i'm standing!! so the key is just not to lay down anymore!! hahaha
    sorry, but alot of the volume i used to have was due to fat, so now that i've lost quite a bit of weight, it has gone from there. That is not exactly where i would choose to lose, but we don't have a choice "where" it comes off!! : )
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Hmm...not sure if I am welcome in this thread, but possibly doing chest exercises might help. Improving your pectoral muscles might firm them up a little?
  • colemanjd0803
    Options
    I will trade mine for what you have. LOL I am tired of HUGE boobs. I figure if they at least look decent in a bra when this wieght is gone then I will be deliriously happy!!!!!!!!
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    DO NOT BEND OVER!!! :D

I noticed when I was around 35 years old my belly looked best laying down but my boobs started to run for either arm pit. My boobs look best standing up but my stomach was pitiful. MOST OF ALL - EVERYTHING LOOKS BAD ON YOUR HANDS AND KNEES (boobs AND belly try to escape and rest on the bed by hanging down).

I found the perfect answer for this....

CUT THE LIGHTS OFF!!! Everything looks better by candle/fire light.

xoxoxoxoxoxo

:D
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    First of all, "nice" to the man that responded! hehehe

Second, yes it is a sad fact about women and weight loss! The boobies go! Especially with significant weight loss and maybe having kids/nursing etc etc!
    Get a great bra! At least when "their" smaller, bra shopping is a tad easier!
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You are going to have to do chest strength exercises to tighten up the area.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I call mine "rocks in socks" !!! I vow that when I get my weight off and maintain it for a year, that I am going to buy myself a pair of nice ones!!!
  • steppann
    Options
    Mine have done the same thing. I hate it because my boobs was by far way better before I started loosing weight. I have googled different exercizes to help with my boobs but as of now they def. have not firmed up but I have only been doing it for about 2 weeks. My fingers are crossed because I need good tata's. Oh and I will say I have always been very blessed (or cursed) with large boobs so I am very glad they have gotten smaller but not at the price of being so jiggly.
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    This type of exercise does help some, I'm a witness. Push ups, bench press, chest flys. Yeah, you have to do them.
    Hmm...not sure if I am welcome in this thread, but possibly doing chest exercises might help. Improving your pectoral muscles might firm them up a little?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Perhaps try google for suggestions? I would do it, but I am at work and my IT buddies already give me strange looks.
  • Fatoshie
    Fatoshie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree with the chest exercise ideas...
  • netgirl224
    Options
    I'm gonna say it'll depend on genetics and age and whether you've had kids. I'm 24 and no kids, and skin usually will snap back if it hasn't stretched out too far. Mine have snapped back for the most part, although they are a cup size smaller. So, yes, they could improve, but it depends on several factors that you can't control.

This is exactly like me! Ive given up on the idea of ever having nice looking girls again lol That's what bras are for, yes?
  • becomingsara
    Options
    Perhaps try google for suggestions? I would do it, but I am at work and my IT buddies already give me strange looks.

Bahahahahah thank you for the morning laugh:drinker:
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I love how other topics have like 20 or 30 views and this one has 290 or something. Yay Boobies!:laugh:
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've lost six inches around the bust in the last year-ish, so I know what you mean. Like everyone else has said, chest exercises are good. Chest flies (look it up) or pushups or chest presses. I have some Jillian Michaels dvds and when she says "this workout is going to give you a natural lift) you'd better believe I make sure I am working harder than I think I can. BTW, that one guy is cracking me up.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I love how other topics have like 20 or 30 views and this one has 290 or something. Yay Boobies!:laugh:

lol, I have noticed that before! Whenever a topic says anything about boobs or "large bust question" or something like that, there are a billion views!