Anybody on MFP who isn't rude and arrogant??

Options

Replies

• Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    That's humans for ya, one reason why I don't go on forums or post because I don't take rude and nasty people well. They think because it's not real life they can be rude and blunt. In person they would not say a word! Some things I always try to remember is. 1) don't judge, you don't know what kind of life they have lived 2) treat others how I want to be treated 3) always be polite and remember that I am A christian all the time! You can add me if you like..none off my friends are like that!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I dunno, the thing is I don't think I'm rude or arrogant. However I still get called a bully, meanie, etc. When even the nicer posters get called names for offering their thoughts, it makes it kinda hard not to just give up on trying to be nice.
    Seriously? Someone called *you* rude??? What have they been smoking or drinking?

I've seen her called even worse than that.

Seriously, there are some real jerks here...

...and interestingly enough, they usually march under an "other people on MFP are mean/rude/jerks" banner.

TL;DR - The rudest, most insulting things I've read on MFP have been posted by people complaining about *other* people being rude.
    My personal favorite was the bulldog arms....:noway:

Ah, I had forgotten about the personal attacks she endured...

...all justified because they claimed she was being mean/rude/not nice.

So I guess I'm just as amazed as OP is about MFP...

...but for vastly different reasons.
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    OP - If you've spent more than a couple of hours on the forums, you had to see this coming. There's nothing you can do to address your initial issues - it takes all sorts and you will get the same wide range of opinions and internet mannerisms on any forum. Things you can do to make things better - 1) Be that supportive voice for other that you wish more were on here and friend people needing genuine support (if you feel you van be that for them), 2) Be ridiculously picky with your friends list so you have a supportive environment in your feed, 3) Be very picky about the groups or threads you visit in the forums.

Best of luck creating the peaceful, supportive environment you would like.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

I can't even think of one thread where I've seen ILHA be rude. :huh:
    Me neither...

...but I've seen several where she was textually attacked with that as the charge.

I guess we've found the one person on MFP who isn't arrogant and rude. Yay, Acrylics! :drinker:
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    OP if you're still reading, here's a tip for next time.

If you wanna take 'em on, don't let *a* *single* *drop* *of* *blood* *from* *a* *previous* *injury* be made visible in these waters.

A feeding frenzy will ensue and it won't be clean eating.

Also, take 'em on one at a time in the very thread where they annoyed you. The bread thread. Don't schedule a surprise battle elsewhere without a precise strategy, state of the art verbal weaponry, sharp critical thinking skills, certified paralegal training from a reputable and accredited community college and a heroic army behind you.

I don't think you saw this coming. And if you did, you got some spine there. Good on ya!

(and I haven't read the bread thread, so I don't *actually* know what I'm talking about...)
    Hear, hear. Because it takes serious, serious balls to put oneself in the way of pages and pages of adorable bunny gifs. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

tumblr_m847ip0QFc1ruikyvo2_250.gif

bunny-gif-9.gif

yaaayyy *serene sense of calm*
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    That's humans for ya, one reason why I don't go on forums or post because I don't take rude and nasty people well. They think because it's not real life they can be rude and blunt. In person they would not say a word! Some things I always try to remember is. 1) don't judge, you don't know what kind of life they have lived 2) treat others how I want to be treated 3) always be polite and remember that I am A christian all the time! You can add me if you like..none off my friends are like that!

If would probably be more helpful if you confronted these people directly in response to their behavior...and not in a blanket thread like this where presumably any person who responded in a way that OP didn't like in her "bread substitute" thread falls under your questioning their life circumstances, parentage and spirituality.

(And I'll say it again, what you see from me online is the same me you get IRL. This claim that others wouldn't say something they would type here is likely a reflection of *your* willingness to type something you wouldn't say, not theirs. In other words, you're likely reflecting based on your own circumstances. Something to think about, no?)
  • Bridget28152723
    Options
    This thread is highly entertaining and it kept me from going into the kitchen and eating . . .

SAME HERE...it has served a purpose! And I'm glad I don't go on forums much anymore but they are entertaining!
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    This thread is highly entertaining and it kept me from going into the kitchen and eating . . .

SAME HERE...it has served a purpose! And I'm glad I don't go on forums much anymore but they are entertaining!

EXACTLY why I'm here.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this thread went epic in a very short span of time! Good on ya, OP! Hope the bruises aren't lasting! And I mean that most sincerely! Oops, now no matter what I say, it sounds insincere. But I really am! Sincere in hoping you come out of this thread unscathed! :ohwell:
  • Bridget28152723
    Options
    Dude, I was just telling *her* how I deal with people like that. It seems like you just didn't get my post..idk this whole thread is wacky....have a good evening, peace!
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the folks who complain about "rude" and "mean" people. Or folks who feel the need to "stay out of the forums".

I have been here since August of last year and have routinely posted on the forum, including a number of my own threads asking vulnerable and simple (stupid?) questions. Being open to advice, I've gotten a lot of good, honest pointers from people who know what they are talking about and have been through this journey themselves. They've helped me stay on track, learn new things, and broaden my perspective. I feel like I've adopted a pretty healthy lifestyle through the help of others, and have been successful in weight loss as well.

So thank you, all you mean and rude people - part of my success belongs to you!! :drinker:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Dude, I was just telling *her* how I deal with people like that. It seems like you just didn't get my post..idk this whole thread is wacky....have a good evening, peace!

You deal with other people by projecting. You assume others behave as you imagine you would behave in their situation. Got it. No misunderstanding here at all.

I'm just saying that I know many people...even those who have been accused of being mean/jerks/etc....who are exactly the same IRL as they are online...and they aren't actually mean...or jerks...or etc.

TL;DR - different =/= mean or rude
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Are you serious, because if you are, I would friend you. It's all over the internet....people who hide behind anonymity instead of being courteous and real.

But maybe the discourteous ones hiding behind internet anonymity chew with their mouths open, talk loudly about personal matters on cellphones in stores, use profanity gratuitously in front of elders and youngsters, text while driving and fail to greet cashiers pleasantly or say thank you in kind. They may steal parking spaces away from those who were waiting patiently, refuse to yield to old ladies who need a seat on the bus and steal food out of the workplace refrigerator thinking a yogurt cup is no big deal - there's five more left.

Everywhere one goes, the true colors come out :)

Looking at it statistically, the pickin's are slim. But the power of discernment is formidable :)

:laugh:

lmbo at the ones who feel the need to explain themselves page after page. LMBO at those who also feel the need to answer themselves post after post when the comment isn't even directed at them personally. Sounds like an insecurity problem...or just plain narcissistic! lol

I try not to pay too much attention to those types because I always seem to blast them and then they TELL ON ME, Wah Wah, and then there goes a pm telling me someone is crying and links to rules, yadda yadda! LMBO!!!

Some act like they can play with the big boys and girls, and try and get all snarky, then when the tongue lashing comes they go crying like a ....... you know the rest! lol
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Yes, but they pretty much stay out of the forums. Didn't used to be that way around here, but unfortunately with growth these forums have gone the way of most internet forums. Good luck to you!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Yes, but they pretty much stay out of the forums. Didn't used to be that way around here, but unfortunately with growth these forums have gone the way of most internet forums. Good luck to you!

I suspect this is more selective memory than reality. If you scroll back into the earlier threads from years ago...(and yes, I have actually done this even if it was for nefarious necromancy reasons)...you'll find plenty of similar threads.

TL;DR - this isn't a new MFP phenomenon.
  • stostenz1
    stostenz1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    lol
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    OP,

You are more than welcome to complain on the threads all you like. But as you can see, these are the responses you will get. As many have told you here before it could just be the way you are reading the response that comes off as rude. Or it could be people are telling you like it is and it's something you don't want to hear. But if you're going to be posting threads like these you better believe it's going to be thrown right back at you.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

I suspect this is more selective memory than reality. If you scroll back into the earlier threads from years ago...(and yes, I have actually done this even if it was for nefarious necromancy reasons)...you'll find plenty of similar threads.

TL;DR - this isn't a new MFP phenomenon.
    Nope. Nothing selective about it. I'm talking pre-2011 FYI.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    (And I'll say it again, what you see from me online is the same me you get IRL. This claim that others wouldn't say something they would type here is likely a reflection of *your* willingness to type something you wouldn't say, not theirs. In other words, you're likely reflecting based on your own circumstances. Something to think about, no?)

LOVE THIS! I am pretty damn direct IRL. Not a fan of two-faced, passive aggressive types, or the kind of people who would put in type what they won't say to your face. I say some pretty direct things to people's faces!

The rest of this post was supposed to be about me not being able to find this elusive bread-thread, then my cat knocked my mouse down and I did find it so... yeah guess I should just shut up. Though the bread-thread seems to have a lot of helpful comments in it so not sure why OP would have gotten so upset just from that?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

LOVE THIS! I am pretty damn direct IRL. Not a fan of two-faced, passive aggressive types, or the kind of people who would put in type what they won't say to your face. I say some pretty direct things to people's faces!

The rest of this post was supposed to be about me not being able to find this elusive bread-thread, then my cat knocked my mouse down and I did find it so... yeah guess I should just shut up. Though the bread-thread seems to have a lot of helpful comments in it so not sure why OP would have gotten so upset just from that?

FYI, helpful threads like that didn't even exist on MFP four+ years ago.

True story.