Anybody on MFP who isn't rude and arrogant??

Options

Replies

• AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    After having slept on it and coming to it with fresh new eyes I have to say this "you're rude and I'm so very polite" or "I'm good and they are bad" thing comes across as highly superior somehow.

I post daily quotes on my status for my own amusement mainly and today's is by Shakespeare: "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool." You can twist it a bit and put rude and bad in there, then maybe consider stepping down from your respective very high horses?

Also, lots of these "holier than thou" comments are posted in such a passive-aggressive way that the writers most likely don't even see what they're doing. So there's no point in confronting them about it.

Someone mentioned their Christianity as a business card for good behaviour and I have nothing against religion, but am wondering what stone you crawled out from; I've read some of the most vile comments ever from people claiming to be good Christians. One thought it nice to call me a swine even. Next time maybe just be who you are and let it speak for itself?

As for the person who checked out on the other page because this thread "is out of control", this is what you wanted. Honest opinions presented in a calm manner. What did you do? Walk out on the discussion because of some bunny gifs. I recommend looking at the woods rather than the individual trees and you might learn new things about yourself in the process.

Have a great day everyone, rude and non-rude people alike!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm still wondering what I win for suggesting Hanford Rose?
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    A kitten (someone was offering them earlier in the thread), a six pack, and a booty call from Ice Man.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    MFP has more pr*cks than a second hand dartboard...
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    In because I think I'm rude---but don't know for sure. :smile:
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    In because I think I'm rude---but don't know for sure. :smile:
    :laugh: Yeah, I put myself here because I'm on the fence, too, unsure of the jury verdict. I'd like to think there's some kind of kindness quality to at least a portion of the several hundred comments I've made so far, but the rudeness police might disagree with me.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    awww i came to late, only just came up in my feed. I was gonna agree about a general feel of egotists and nasty people that invade the forums but then again thats a common theme across the internet in general, alot of people are all high and mighty and love causing grief when they aren't face to face with others. Personally i just give my personal experience, if someone doesn't like it stiff ****, it worked for me.

Tend to steer clear of forums in general only making an appearance every now and then
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Prepping myself for the roll.

bunny-ball-roll.gif
    GIF-Bunny-unrolls-toilet-paper..gif
    cute-bunny-roll-o.gif
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    Prepping myself for the roll.

bunny-ball-roll.gif
    GIF-Bunny-unrolls-toilet-paper..gif
    cute-bunny-roll-o.gif
    Good choice of bunny.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    awww i came to late, only just came up in my feed. I was gonna agree about a general feel of egotists and nasty people that invade the forums but then again thats a common theme across the internet in general, alot of people are all high and mighty and love causing grief when they aren't face to face with others. Personally i just give my personal experience, if someone doesn't like it stiff ****, it worked for me.

Tend to steer clear of forums in general only making an appearance every now and then

You realise that's exactly what is getting people branded rude and mean, right? Giving their personal experience and not caring if someone doesn't like it? There are actually VERY few real trolls on this board, just people willing to give out advice and experience without sugar coating or supporting unhealthy, unhelpful or sometimes dangerous behaviour...
  • likitisplit
    Options
    A kitten (someone was offering them earlier in the thread), a six pack, and a booty call from Ice Man.

Yee Haw!

Another cat will get me a divorce...but a night with 1980's Val Kilmer more than makes up for that.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    bump- - - 21 and flip; awesome thread, well worth the read. MFP is like ivory soap-->99.?% of people are awesome, very few rude and/or arrogant people. Continue on people, beautiful day.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I dunno, the thing is I don't think I'm rude or arrogant. However I still get called a bully, meanie, etc. When even the nicer posters get called names for offering their thoughts, it makes it kinda hard not to just give up on trying to be nice.
    Seriously? Someone called *you* rude??? What have they been smoking or drinking?

I've seen her called even worse than that.

Seriously, there are some real jerks here...

...and interestingly enough, they usually march under an "other people on MFP are mean/rude/jerks" banner.

TL;DR - The rudest, most insulting things I've read on MFP have been posted by people complaining about *other* people being rude.
    My personal favorite was the bulldog arms....:noway:

Ah, I had forgotten about the personal attacks she endured...

...all justified because they claimed she was being mean/rude/not nice.

So I guess I'm just as amazed as OP is about MFP...

...but for vastly different reasons.

I've seen Sarauk called a bully. FACT.
  • emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    yes, i do agree. sometimes i post what i have to eat that day and i get some slack about the types of food that i am eating ok it may not be what that person would eat but that's too bad !! it's what i want . having package / frozen foods are ok with me. if you ( they ) won't eat it more power to them. i've been losing and i feel that they shouldn't judge me for i don't/ won't judge them .
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I dunno, the thing is I don't think I'm rude or arrogant. However I still get called a bully, meanie, etc. When even the nicer posters get called names for offering their thoughts, it makes it kinda hard not to just give up on trying to be nice.
    Seriously? Someone called *you* rude??? What have they been smoking or drinking?

I've seen her called even worse than that.

Seriously, there are some real jerks here...

...and interestingly enough, they usually march under an "other people on MFP are mean/rude/jerks" banner.

TL;DR - The rudest, most insulting things I've read on MFP have been posted by people complaining about *other* people being rude.
    My personal favorite was the bulldog arms....:noway:

Ah, I had forgotten about the personal attacks she endured...

...all justified because they claimed she was being mean/rude/not nice.

So I guess I'm just as amazed as OP is about MFP...

...but for vastly different reasons.

I've seen Sarauk called a bully. FACT.

and there are those who brand all of us who advise not eating 1200 cals/day as "eat more bullies"

(although personally I don't eat bullies at all because I'm not a cannibal)
  • steffi29986
    steffi29986 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Literally exactly what I've been thinking! Like this website is for people to get support and have their questions answered and people on here can be so incredibly rude for no reason. If they don't like the question why do they even answer it and why are they even on here if they're gonna make people feel stupid for asking something?

I've never seen that

Really?
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Literally exactly what I've been thinking! Like this website is for people to get support and have their questions answered and people on here can be so incredibly rude for no reason. If they don't like the question why do they even answer it and why are they even on here if they're gonna make people feel stupid for asking something?

I've never seen that

I've posted questions. I have offered experience. I have been completely wrong in my understanding more than once. As a result, I've gotten 85% amazing insight. Some "just need to mention this" kind of advice that didn't necessarily address my specific question. And a few unhelpful "LOL at the stupid in this post" responses. Guess which information I paid attention to? Guess who I sent friend requests to?

There are people on here who are rude on purpose. There are people on here who don't try to meet an OP where they are standing today and help them see another POV. There are people who will bluntly tell you where you are off track. There are a lot of great people on here, including most of the people in groups 2 and 3. MFP is what you make it.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

I've never seen that

Really?

Really.
  • AMOMONAJOURNEYTOCHANGEHERLIFE
    Options
    Just a rant.

Getting slightly annoyed at the attitudes of people on these forums. What is the need to be so rude??

Unless the question states that they need an opinion then simply dont give it; or if they are asking for an opinion, then please learn the etiquette of expressing your views...

Anyway, if theres anyone out there who is like me, here to support people on the same journey and togain some motivation, then please friend request me.

Rant over!!

Xx

I was thinking this last night! I haven't been here in a year. And last night reading a lot of posts I find this place discouraging. Not alot of support IDK Maybe I just came across a ton of posts with not helpful or supportive behavior Is this a place to converse with adults about weight loss... Or children about everything other than weight loss.....
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Just a rant.

Getting slightly annoyed at the attitudes of people on these forums. What is the need to be so rude??

Unless the question states that they need an opinion then simply dont give it; or if they are asking for an opinion, then please learn the etiquette of expressing your views...

Anyway, if theres anyone out there who is like me, here to support people on the same journey and togain some motivation, then please friend request me.

Rant over!!

Xx

I was thinking this last night! I haven't been here in a year. And last night reading a lot of posts I find this place discouraging. Not alot of support IDK Maybe I just came across a ton of posts with not helpful or supportive behavior Is this a place to converse with adults about weight loss... Or children about everything other than weight loss.....

Support does not equal hand holding and unicorn rainbow farts.