Anybody on MFP who isn't rude and arrogant??

Options

Replies

• whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna leave this here...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1088600-dear-mean-people-of-mfp

And now, off to catch up and find more bunnies.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Ohai....
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Oh, and personally I think anything that starts with "People are so..." should really not be brought up. Stereotyping a huge community is nothing but ridiculous. If you have complaints, why not bring it up to the person you have a problem with rather than label everyone else in the process? Passive-aggressive behaviour in my book includes chewing on something that happened days ago until you bring it up again in a fabulous explosion. Grow up and deal with it in a timely manner.

I KNOW, right? God, people are so amazing and awesome on here. It just sickens me. I've received so much helpful support from people on here, how DARE they be so generous with their free time.

IgCoz8J.gif
    LOL I could keep staring at these forever!
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    This rolled? Oh, MFP...:heart:

So in summary:

peoplebeingrude_c_985517.jpg
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    This rolled? Oh, MFP...:heart:

So in summary:

peoplebeingrude_c_985517.jpg

little of this... lots of that...
    :smokin:
  • KrzyGal
    KrzyGal Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't believe I'm rude and arrogant, or either of the two on their own; nor have I ever had any complaints. I'm sorry you have run across that. I've been on this site for years and never had any issues though I steer clear of negativity in general as life is too short. I know everyone has a bad run from time to time but some seem to dwell in it. Live life, don't let it live you! :0)
  • ___Synnamin
    ___Synnamin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I noticed the same thing after a week or two of checking out the message boards.
    Yeah some people have disagreements as other commentors have said, but what some of you don't see is is that some people on here are truly rude to others.
    The way I see it nobody on here should be rude to the next but at the same time, it would be less realistic if everyone on here was "soooo nice"
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    tumblr_liygxxpwLj1qai9ct.gif
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna leave this here...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1088600-dear-mean-people-of-mfp

And now, off to catch up and find more bunnies.

Thank you ... I was looking for this exact post and you found it.
    It says everything that's needed to be said.:flowerforyou:
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I don’t know, is it rude to say hello to people with a Zidane like head-butt? If so then color me rude!

Sport_sports+sport_sporty+headbutt_wideweb_.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Did I miss something? I was busy.

humping-intensifies-gif.gif?w=900
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

in just for this gif ^
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I noticed the same thing after a week or two of checking out the message boards.
    Yeah some people have disagreements as other commentors have said, but what some of you don't see is is that some people on here are truly rude to others.
    The way I see it nobody on here should be rude to the next but at the same time, it would be less realistic if everyone on here was "soooo nice"

I see it as perhaps a lack of tact.

"Does this make me look fat?"
    "Yes" vs. "R U F*ING SRS YES U DUMPTRUCK" vs. "It's not a flattering style on you - maybe try a bootcut in a darker color to draw the eye down.."

There are many ways to say the same thing, and on occasion, it does seem that there are a few who leap right to the tactless. That said, "nice" is itself a slippery concept. One person's "nice" is another person's "hand-holding the precious snowflake." Just because someone takes offense at advice offered doesn't automatically mean the person was rude - it's likely they simply offered advice that the OP didn't want to hear.

I do tend to find that the people (in real life and elsewhere) who talk loudest about how they "keep it real" and dole out the "plain truth" and won't "pretty it up" are the same people who can't handle it visited upon them. :huh: I personally adore obfuscation and allusion and tact. ;)
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Sheldon-Cooper-GIF.gif
  • MFPMol
    MFPMol Posts: 151 Member
    Options

BEST. GIF. EVER.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

I do tend to find that the people (in real life and elsewhere) who talk loudest about how they "keep it real" and dole out the "plain truth" and won't "pretty it up" are the same people who can't handle it visited upon them. :huh: I personally adore obfuscation and allusion and tact. ;)

Fake Yawns...
  • DebbieDoesDishes
    DebbieDoesDishes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'll check them out. Nothing to lose.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    bunny_foo_fooedited-d8fb3e45b9dfbc77567406206dcd3343.jpg
  • Sun_Wukong
    Sun_Wukong Posts: 131
    Options